news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 07-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
too many job seekers and not enough entrepreneurs. there arent enough positions for all these job seekers. they need to establish their own positions.

egg zack lee

but allot of college graduates were not trained to be independent - they are trained to be sycophants easily used by powerful men
Old 07-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #17
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Michaelz View Post
......I don't know anyone who's opened their own business though.

this is important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon View Post
^what about pooling resources with family

family members are less familiar with each other these days

everyone is "doing there own thing"

there was a time when everyone had to go over to the family member house who had the TV in order to watch that one program that everyone sat around and watched

now people are watching the youtube videos that they made of themselves in a separate room in the house

Quote:
Unfortunately not an option. The lack of funds is also a family issue, as well as the fact they don't share the same vision of the kind of establishment I would like to acquire. Plus their content with their choice of working for someone rather than themselves
niggas we know ain't trying to hear about poolin resources together

i would assume that most big businesses started off theiving and conning and killing to get their money up to start business

Quote:
Trades are always going to be there, but the conditions are shit. Why work and bust your ass in a career where:

- your option of having to use the bathroom results in having to use a porter potty in the middle of a 45+ degree weather, that hasn't been changed in about a month, and the lack on sanitary conditions are close to nil.

- You work with uneducated idiots, or convicts who use the word "fuck" like it was their last name throughout the day, get high on the job, get drunk on the job, because it's the only way to keep your sanity.

- The superiors in this line of work are fucking assholes who expect deadlines to be met using an unrealistic mindset, and in a line of work where they want "efficiency" and "quickness" rather than "quality" and "carefulness" it's difficult to comply when their job isn't on the line and ours is.

- overtime is usually a guarantee, and when you don't have the option to pick up dinner, and the last time you ate was 12pm, and you're working until 8pm, and are expected to be back by 6am the next morning, your cranky, pissed off, etc etc is bullshit

^ having that compared to working in an office where its got air conditioning in the summer, heat in the winter, you're seldomly on-call, get paid for sitting at an office where the majority of the time you're playing solitaire, you're almost always guaranteed to be off at 4pm everyday with always havign stat-holidays off and weekends off, have free coffee and tea at the companies expense, decent sanitary restrooms that are cleaned nightly, have catering brought to you regularly through the month, etc etc

I am describing the work conditions from working at RIM Technologies personally, and they have to be the most pampered assholes I've ever seen; why would you work through the alternative when this potentially could be an option, considering in trades you're probably making less than these I.T jag-offs, and you're doing more work than they could ever dream of doing getting paid HALF of that?......

I'd rather be a white collar over a blu collar any-day, unfortunately the white-collar profile is usually an option only assisted by knowing somebody rather than "what" you know

i know your pain

starting your business is good, but in order to make the real big money, you are most likely at some point going to need competent help. and that is one of the biggest problems to getting big
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Shadow Demon
PRODIGAL SUN

Shadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venoms

^that's true about the resources thing sunny its a shame because there some good opportunities out there

im indian and alot indians are doing well and caking it by just setting up convenience stores..the product sells itself, zero advertising needed, often resilient versus big chain stores...people always need cigarettes and alcohol.

Shadow Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

It's either you and your family make moves as a unit and take care of each other or, you and your family work for other peoples families so they can make moves and take care of each other

Most lack drive and confidence to do for self

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 07-08-2012 at 05:05 PM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Trades are always going to be there, but the conditions are shit. Why work and bust your ass in a career where:

- your option of having to use the bathroom results in having to use a porter potty in the middle of a 45+ degree weather, that hasn't been changed in about a month, and the lack on sanitary conditions are close to nil.

- You work with uneducated idiots, or convicts who use the word "fuck" like it was their last name throughout the day, get high on the job, get drunk on the job, because it's the only way to keep your sanity.

- The superiors in this line of work are fucking assholes who expect deadlines to be met using an unrealistic mindset, and in a line of work where they want "efficiency" and "quickness" rather than "quality" and "carefulness" it's difficult to comply when their job isn't on the line and ours is.

- overtime is usually a guarantee, and when you don't have the option to pick up dinner, and the last time you ate was 12pm, and you're working until 8pm, and are expected to be back by 6am the next morning, your cranky, pissed off, etc etc is bullshit

^ having that compared to working in an office where its got air conditioning in the summer, heat in the winter, you're seldomly on-call, get paid for sitting at an office where the majority of the time you're playing solitaire, you're almost always guaranteed to be off at 4pm everyday with always havign stat-holidays off and weekends off, have free coffee and tea at the companies expense, decent sanitary restrooms that are cleaned nightly, have catering brought to you regularly through the month, etc etc

I am describing the work conditions from working at RIM Technologies personally, and they have to be the most pampered assholes I've ever seen; why would you work through the alternative when this potentially could be an option, considering in trades you're probably making less than these I.T jag-offs, and you're doing more work than they could ever dream of doing getting paid HALF of that?......

I'd rather be a white collar over a blu collar any-day, unfortunately the white-collar profile is usually an option only assisted by knowing somebody rather than "what" you know
im not talking about going into construction.

if you know how to install roofing, for example, you start off with your family members either for free or for dirt cheap. you do roofing work for them and do a good job at it. they refer you to their friends. they allow them to come over and see your work. they like the work and they contact you to do work for them. you charge them for the work. BAM, you're an en treprenuer making money. as you work up your client base you make more money and are able to invest in your business by buying more and better equipment to do the job.

you wont need to spend money on a storefront. just tools, equipment, and a vehicle to carry it all.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #21
PALEFORCE
penalty boxed user

PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I started 2 businesses on a shoestring budget

if niggers stopped buying jordans and started paying their bills.....
PALEFORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Actually..

If you have a new idea for a business or product, you can raise capitol by taking advantage of services like Kick Starter.

There are a lot of options out there, but people either arent aware of them or really like the sound of themselves whining.

America has no choice but to reinvent its economy to be more entrepreneur-orientated. Especially considering non-skilled manual labor will become obsolete in our lifetimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa

^ I'd like to make my own martial arts facility, and teach lessons as well as sell merchandise, but I think the teaching is a different aspect altogether regarding opening a business, which I think is a lil more difficult; though I am completely oblivious to it so I stand to be corrected
Old 07-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #24
PALEFORCE
penalty boxed user

PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I have friends that do that...its easy...you dont make alot of money though...the money is made from having pro fighters.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #25
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

Quote:
^ I'd like to make my own martial arts facility, and teach lessons as well as sell merchandise, but I think the teaching is a different aspect altogether regarding opening a business, which I think is a lil more difficult; though I am completely oblivious to it so I stand to be corrected

I think you should watch this movie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did I scare you?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #26
EAGLE EYE

But seriously..

If Hipsters (the most useless human beings currently alive) can do this..

http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/08/po...les-for-bikes/

then whats stopping someone who actually has a real vision

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did I scare you?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #27
PALEFORCE
penalty boxed user

duh white man

*sticks out hand for free shit and pity*
Old 07-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #28
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Why doesn't this nigga get it ?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #29
PALEFORCE
penalty boxed user

get what?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #30
june181972
Cream of the Corp

june181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken masta

Black college men end up just a few dollars ahead of Whites who went no further than high school.

I 1st heard this statistic from Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammad, director of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black-Culture during a small community forum/workshop.
I've never read this book, but it is also stated in: Two Nations, by Andrew Hacker

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Black unemployment is consistently near double that of whites, percentage wise.
june181972 is offline   Reply With Quote