news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa
Default Need opinions on these Kung-Fu/Warrior related movies I've never seen, but want to

So I will say that I think most of the people who post in the Box Office area have somewhat decent taste, so I'll just ask:

I've wanted to see these movies, but not sure if they were/are worth the time. Opinions please? (I will add to this thread when necessary)

Old 07-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Warlords wasn't really my thing but the rest are all kick ass, depends if you like HK Cinema though

Last edited by MaskedAvenger; 07-14-2012 at 11:25 PM.
MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You can't go wrong with anything starring Donnie Yen.

One of the GOATs of Hong Kong Cinema.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
Warlords wasn't really my thing but the rest are all kick ass, depends if you like HK Cinema though

I like HK cinema. I have a vast collection of John Woo and classic Kung-Fu movies, but sometimes they can be hit and miss. I think it's their humour; same goes for humour from movies coming out of the UK......we just don't "get it" or just think it's retarded.\, but I guess it can go both ways.

Perfect example is "Prodigal Son" the awesome Wing-Chun classic. I absolutely HATE the humour they threw in that movie, but the fight scenes and training sequences made up for it.

PS what was wwrong with Warlords? That's disappointing to hear because I was hoping for greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURLY DUFF View Post
You can't go wrong with anything starring Donnie Yen.

One of the GOATs of Hong Kong Cinema.
Agreed.......I loved it wwhen he and Sammo Hung fought in "Ip-Man 2" and because of that fight alone I really wanted to see Kill Zone.

The Last Bladesman is at the top of the list right now because I'm a big Guan-Yu (General Guan) fan if that makes sense; my fav character in the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms/Han era, and really respect the history behind him, even though it's probably VERY far-fetched in reality. I kind of look at him as a deity considering he WAS/IS nicknamed "The God of War" and we always had to pay our respcts before and after Kung-Fu class to a monumental statue of his image in the corner.

Plus he kick fucking ass in the Dynasty warriors series >

I just wasn't sure if the flick would do it justice.

Last edited by KATO; 07-15-2012 at 07:39 AM.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
KATO
Hidden Warrior

^ this one too
Old 07-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
KATO
Hidden Warrior

????
Old 07-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #7
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ You like Donnie Yen in the Fist Of Fury TV Series? you like Bruce Lee's Fist Of Fury? This movie picks up after those events

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
KATO
Hidden Warrior

^ Yea I knew it was a sequel to those, but I heard that the fighting is down-played a lot? I was skeptical because of that, but haven't really had any1 confirm this claim other than 2 sources. Is this true?

I love The Chinese Connection/Fists of Fury from Bruce Lee, but never saw the Donnie Yen TV series.....