news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Chino XL to release RICANstruction via Immortal Tech's label

I know he's a lazy ass bum, but it's supposedly dropping September 25 through Viper Records. it's a double-album. tracklist is on Amazon.com

Veteran New Jersey lyricist Chino XL has announced his first album in nearly seven years. RICANstruction: The Black Rosary is a double-album planned for September 25 via Immortal Technique's Viper Records imprint. The album will feature Bun B, Travis Barker, Tech N9ne, B Real and also Immortal Tech.

The album is said to touch on issues including Chino's daughter's battle with cancer.

Chino, a former Rick Rubin protege, said of RICANstruction in a statement, "It’s a complete unbottling of a lot of stuff, things that I probably had suppressed. The human psyche has the ability and the power to do that in order to keep it functioning. I felt that it was time to let most of it out so I could move on and get past some of those issues. Whilst on tour last year, I realized how many people I connected to when I expressed a lot of those more painful, emotional songs. It seemed like a lot of folks really needed to hear them. I can learn from that to help them relate so they can also get past what they had going on. I realized that’s part of my journey.”

In 2006, Chino released Poison Pen.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...viper-records/
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
rakimkoolgrapwutang
Yakub's Greatest Mathlete

rakimkoolgrapwutang shaolin monk

i always thought he was 2 much of a punchline rapper. interesting 2 see what this album is like.

ATTEMPTING TO COMBINE SUPREME MATHEMATICS WITH BINGO NUMBERS....
rakimkoolgrapwutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

deeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal son

It will get pushed back just watch. It was supposed to be sept 11 and that was its 15th pushback

TS is right chino is a bum!

deeznutz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
rakimkoolgrapwutang

I was listening to some of his songs again after I saw this thread and tbh I can't believe I ever liked him that much. Hes got millions of filler lines and mediocre punch lines with the odd good one here and there and his voice can get annoying.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
I was listening to some of his songs again after I saw this thread and tbh I can't believe I ever liked him that much. Hes got millions of filler lines and mediocre punch lines with the odd good one here and there and his voice can get annoying.
his older work has some great punchlines. I like Copywrite and Chino XL's best punchlines more than L's but you're right he has lots of filler
Old 08-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

another article on it, but more in-depth. it's 35 tracks and deals with some heavy subjects, which makes me think of Nas' latest album. either way, Angry's gonna have a field day with this one lol

Rapper Chino XL has announced the release date for RICANstruction: The Black Rosary, his first album in over six years.

RICANstruction will be a double-CD release that is being released by Viper Records, the label that is owned by Immortal Technique.

Immortal Technique is one of the guests who appear on the 35-track effort, while rappers/artists like Travis Barker, Bun B, Tech N9ne and B Real round out the album.

According to Chino, RICANstruction is his most introspective work-to-date, delving into serious matters like the abuse he suffered as a child, failed relationships, suicide and his daughter’s battle with cancer.

“It’s a complete unbottling of a lot of stuff, things that I probably had suppressed,” Chino XL explained. “The human psyche has the ability and the power to do that in order to keep it functioning. I felt that it was time to let most of it out so I could move on and get past some of those issues. Whilst on tour last year, I realized how many people I connected to when I expressed a lot of those more painful, emotional songs. It seemed like a lot of folks really needed to hear them. I can learn from that to help them relate so they can also get past what they had going on. I realized that’s part of my journey.”

Chino hopes the main focus of RICANstruction will be what he has become famous for – complex lyrics and rhyme patterns.

“I believe that it’s my contribution to the art form, to art in general and to music,” Chino XL continued. “I feel like if you’re not going to try to raise the bar, then what are you doing it for? I try to do it because I feel like that’s part of my blessing and to share my blessing, I have to propel the art form and push the boundaries of language.”

RICANstruction: The Black Rosary is due in stores on September 25.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
main_man
corpin' while nude, bitch

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

am i the only one who thinks slaine sounds a lot like chino voice wise?

only slaine stays on beat better. chino's always had a problem of cramming so much into a line that it throws him off beat.

"Blessed be the Lord
Who believe any mess they read up on a message board
If so, I got bridges for the low low
Same bitch'll a go dry snitchin' to the popo"
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #8
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
am i the only one who thinks slaine sounds a lot like chino voice wise?
Probably.

And chino's overflowing of lines haven't really bothered me until most of his post-Poison Pen material tbh. He's started doing the same shit as Rugged Man & Royce & Eminem (only in different ways, and varying degree of success) where they are trying to go beast mode on every song, but they just end up sounding the same and hardly ever fits the song so the end product turns out crap.

Hopefully this'll change if he's trying do more personal music, but tbh, I'm a sceptic on this one, though a big fan of his three previous solo albums.

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
tombstone
SLIMEY SAVAGE

tombstone iron monkeytombstone iron monkeytombstone iron monkeytombstone iron monkey

y'all are smokin some crack, chino is a beast and is the punchline king.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
rakimkoolgrapwutang

punchline king=the king of something that really isnt that amazing

i think k rinos probably the king of punchlines anyway. gza and rakim would easily b far better at punchlines if they ever decided to stoop to that level

Old 08-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
punchline king=the king of something that really isnt that amazing

i think k rinos probably the king of punchlines anyway. gza and rakim would easily b far better at punchlines if they ever decided to stoop to that level
Ras Kass also had some ill punchlines on Rassassination. K-Rino probably is one of the best but like you said he's concentrating on punchlines a lot. Vakill has some great punchlines and Canibus back in the day Mic Club also had great punchlines.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
theheavens
Banned

snippets are up on Amazon. the album drops tomorrow

http://www.amazon.com/Ricanstruction...Ricanstruction
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #13
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

I almost killed myself when I heard that Arm Yourself snippet featuring Immortal Tech.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
theheavens
Banned

track 11 of the second cd..."Kings" ft. Big Pun

I'm ordering it right now
Old 09-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

deeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal son

Arm yourself is the best track immortal techniques verse is vicious plus his closing line just makes u want to kill someone seriously

The 3 Apollo brown tracks are the best beats I definitely am friending for a chino xl Apollo brown album ASAP he sounded perfect over his beats. Album is packed full of sick hilarious punch lines too

Chino's flow is even better now almost big pun status IMO I know that's a strong statement but the way he's flowing on a lot of the tracks is fuckin insane

Only downfall is some of chino's hooks are corny

deeznutz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote