news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 12-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son
Default Wreckless Abandonment

Peace,

All of us come to a point in life where we have to either completely change, or continue to ride the fence. Those of us who instinctively feel that there is infinitely more to creation, to ourselves, to life, etc. have the hardest struggle of all, I believe, in making this choice.

Our souls tell us that we should concentrate on our deepest desires. Be they to backpack around the world and visit ancient monuments, spend a few months or years with the indigenous peoples of whereever, or simply save up a lot of money, buy an island and concentrate of developing the unification of mind, body and spirit. One, if not all of these ideas, and more crosses our minds more times than we can count throughout the day.

Personally, I'm borderline at that point. Enough with speaking about the way things are and the way we, as people should behave. Simply be all that you study. Live the example that you admire so deeply and forget everything else.
Take only the things that matter seriously. Everything and everyone else is just smoke and mirrors. It seems that every time I turn on the television I'm disgusted. Simply because there's nothing to watch. Nothing inspiring, educational or even remotely entertaining. "The Event" is the best thing on since, "Heroes" for me.

Bottom line, wreckless abandonment, with just balance, of course, is seeming to be the best option for me as of now. Has anyone tried this yet? Those of you who have considered it, I'd like to hear your thoughts/advice as well.

Peace
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
DeeBlock
Veteran Member

DeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
Take only the things that matter seriously. Everything and everyone else is just smoke and mirrors. It seems that every time I turn on the television I'm disgusted. Simply because there's nothing to watch. Nothing inspiring, educational or even remotely entertaining.
Feel ya.

Quote:
Bottom line, wreckless abandonment, with just balance, of course, is seeming to be the best option for me as of now.
What do you mean?
DeeBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

many of us are becoming extremely intolerant of the things that's going down - if you're not happy with the way things are in your life, you have to stop doing the things that you're doing routinely and abandon whatever you feel you have to have - i've left my home a few times and been homeless and what not - left possessions and shit - freedom is no joke
Old 12-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
Clan Destine

Clan Destine crouching tigerClan Destine crouching tiger

Quote:

Bottom line, wreckless abandonment, with just balance, of course, is seeming to be the best option for me as of now.
I don't understand this part, what you mean by 'just balance'?

If you're reckless, you're reckless. If you abandon something that was holding you back or down, you abandon it. It's precisely the risk that you might lose your sense of balance that's makes the leap so hard to do.

I hear what you're saying. I think it's definitely better not to get wrapped up with disgust or over-concern with other people or the 'world' as it is going. People are who they are. You don't get angry at a rock for being hard. Contempt is an underused disposition.

If you have better things to do or think about, them do them. If TV,life or your relations etc. are boring, think about what it is lacking and go towards or create that which does not have that lack.
Clan Destine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBlock View Post

What do you mean?
I mean that when I do this, I want to always have a set of rules to abide by. I don't want to completely go over the edge and live off of grass and water for the rest of my life or take a vow of silence or anything. I mean that there will always be an aspect of order, even in the midst of what most would call chaos. Most people look at giving up the comforts of the everyday life for the purpose of growing within as....well....insane. Simply because most of them cannot do without them. I mean to give up just enough. Not everything.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan Destine View Post
I don't understand this part, what you mean by 'just balance'?

If you're reckless, you're reckless. If you abandon something that was holding you back or down, you abandon it. It's precisely the risk that you might lose your sense of balance that's makes the leap so hard to do.

I hear what you're saying. I think it's definitely better not to get wrapped up with disgust or over-concern with other people or the 'world' as it is going. People are who they are. You don't get angry at a rock for being hard. Contempt is an underused disposition.

If you have better things to do or think about, them do them. If TV,life or your relations etc. are boring, think about what it is lacking and go towards or create that which does not have that lack.
Again, everything has order, even disorder. That's the way I see it. Nothing exists without order and nothing evolves without chaos. They're two sides of the same coin. My aim is to completely abandon the things that don't matter. I say with just balance because sometimes, in doing something for the better, we go too far and overdo things. This is where anorexia and religious exteremists come into play. Feel me?
Old 12-04-2010, 05:33 AM   #7
pro.Graveface
BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace

pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to pro.Graveface Send a message via Skype™ to pro.Graveface

Peace Journalz please read the monoloque of Ashtavakra and Janaka it worked refreshing to me it might do to you 2 g
ICHI
Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
Graveface is now Gravespace
pro.Graveface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #9
Charles Barry
Cranberry Grenades

Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms

Urban, what is the ultimate goal that you hope to accomplish?

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro.Graveface View Post
Peace Journalz please read the monoloque of Ashtavakra and Janaka it worked refreshing to me it might do to you 2 g
ICHI
Ill drop Pro. Will do and much thanks. Peace.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #11
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
Urban, what is the ultimate goal that you hope to accomplish?
That's a really tough question to answer Charles, but I'll do my best.

Honestly, my aim is to first get rid of all distractions in my life. Rather, the effect that thest distractions have over me and see what it's like to truly be focused on whatever I choose, whenever I choose and for how long I choose. No mental inhibitions whatsoever. Really, to get a broader perspective of creation itself. I see and feel the calm and serenity in nature all around me and I want to know what it's like to also be so focused and serene. The way you see a statue of a Buddha in meditation for example or the way you see a tree calmly embracing the wind. There's a book I'm reading called, "The Master Mind: The Key To Mental Power, Development and Efficiancy" and it's really opened a lot of doors of understanding for me as far as the way we let outside influenced intrude on our better judgment. Most of the time, we react out of feeling, prejudice or what could be called, "peer pressure" from years and years of conditioning. Because of this, many of our reactions are based solely on everything other than ourselves. Wether we want to admit this or not, it's true.

My goal for now then, is to find that, "Something" that mine and no one else's and let that control my every move, thought and action. Clarity, in a word, would be my main goal for now.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #12
D.projectile

D.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkey

Quote:

My goal for now then, is to find that, "Something" that mine and no one else's and let that control my every move, thought and action. Clarity, in a word, would be my main goal for now.
thats how im feelin right now..for a while i been feelin like this
D.projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
D.projectile

all that matters for me right now is enduring an undoing process and confrontin my inner demons and gettin closer to becomin me. ive smoked green at and seen how i allowed certain events in my life to shape and mould without noticing n i feel like others wanna do this to me too. I see the dangers of clinging to things..ideas, people..anything but i know its down to being scared which isnt a normal state..it makes one a slave aswell as stagnant. placing ur life in the hands of people who do not know u personally or have any reason to care is beyond bizzare and i want out
Old 09-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #14
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.projectile View Post
thats how im feelin right now..for a while i been feelin like this
Take it and run man. Time waits for none of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.projectile View Post
all that matters for me right now is enduring an undoing process and confrontin my inner demons and gettin closer to becomin me. ive smoked green at and seen how i allowed certain events in my life to shape and mould without noticing n i feel like others wanna do this to me too. I see the dangers of clinging to things..ideas, people..anything but i know its down to being scared which isnt a normal state..it makes one a slave aswell as stagnant. placing ur life in the hands of people who do not know u personally or have any reason to care is beyond bizzare and i want out
Powerful. I've definitely been to where you are and I can most certainly relate. Personally, I began to conquer this state of being by living the lessons that I love to study so much. The higher lessons about man being a part of all creation and as such having to seek a return to the harmony of it all. Sometimes it starts with simply spending more time alone among nature. Take a good book too. Music accelerates the process too. I mean good music. Jazz, Smooth Jazz, Classical, etc. Always keep a sense of humor though, that's very important. Some of us get so serious about cleansing our inner selves that we forget how to enjoy things. Besides, you'll need humor because when people see you getting your Self together, they'll either hate you for it because they themselves are unable to do it, or they'll want to try and dump all their emotional baggage on you like you're some kind of prophet. Believe me. If you're into books even in a minor way, there are a couple of titles I can recommend to help you along on your journey.

Peace
Old 09-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #15
D.projectile

Quote:
Take it and run man. Time waits for none of us.

Powerful. I've definitely been to where you are and I can most certainly relate. Personally, I began to conquer this state of being by living the lessons that I love to study so much. The higher lessons about man being a part of all creation and as such having to seek a return to the harmony of it all. Sometimes it starts with simply spending more time alone among nature. Take a good book too. Music accelerates the process too. I mean good music. Jazz, Smooth Jazz, Classical, etc. Always keep a sense of humor though, that's very important. Some of us get so serious about cleansing our inner selves that we forget how to enjoy things. Besides, you'll need humor because when people see you getting your Self together, they'll either hate you for it because they themselves are unable to do it, or they'll want to try and dump all their emotional baggage on you like you're some kind of prophet. Believe me. If you're into books even in a minor way, there are a couple of titles I can recommend to help you along on your journey.

Peace
''Some of us get so serious about cleansing our inner selves that we forget how to enjoy things.''

peace. yh thats very true, and the backlash from backtracking and letting things get to me always happens..

yeah g i'd appreciate some recommendations.

I think it would make most sense for me to address things from an energetic point of view as opposed to what ive attempted. thats probably the most effective in transformation and being less subject to things