news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #16
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Common isn't a great artist though he's just a great rapper, the sort that's completely relies on a great producer team to guide him. Without that he doesn't really know what he's doing. Like Water For Chocolate of course was a product of Soulquarians not so much him.

Common and Dilla was one of the great duo's.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #17
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I barely pay attention to new hip hop, but i still manage to find good new stuff every few months. Right now there is some decent hip hop which is fairly popular, it's not amazing, but compared to a few years ago it's better.

This for album for instance:

Maybe it isn't "classic", but i've still listened to it in entirety a bunch of times. Same with a few other albums that have come out since the start of last year. I can't think of an album from 2009 or 2010 that i bothered listening to more than once unless it was from Curren$y or Freddie Gibbs.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Plus, as much as everyone here would want to deny it, fairly good internet rappers, releasing decent and pretty original content, are everywhere.

And after lagging for about the past 10 years, hip hop has started incorporating other styles of electronic music in a less corny way. Obviously faggits here who literally only listen to 90s boom bap and nothing else are going to hate it and keep wishing their 50 year old idols release one more classic, but it's never going to happen.

If you're still holding out for anything good or interesting from Nas, Mobb Deep, Wu Tang members, Outkast, Jay Z, Common, The Clipse, Kanye, Canibus and whoever else you mentioned, you don't deserve to have an opinion on any new music.

Most golden era rappers struggled to make good back to back albums in their prime, how does anyone still hold out hope they'll do anything worth listening to now?

Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #19
Longbongcilvaringz

I mean, there's a thread about Chino XL's NEW album on the front page here!!! hahaha

How can someone who is still checking for a guy that had barely enough shitty similes to fill one album, have any idea about new hip hop.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #20
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

I'll probably get flack for this but fuck it

Cats & Dogs - Evidence

Marcberg - Roc Marciano

Jesus Price Supastar

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #21
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
Dreamer/Believer is one of the best albums to drop in years though imo...
It's not a bad album to me, it's good when you compare it to the rest of the shit music today but I feel like Common never came back like that after Be. Lots of it was produced by Kanye who was in his prime on that album but there was still 2 Dilla joints on there. Finding Forever I find to be average, and a very bad Common album. It had some hot beats tho.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #22
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
Common isn't a great artist though he's just a great rapper, the sort that's completely relies on a great producer team to guide him. Without that he doesn't really know what he's doing. Like Water For Chocolate of course was a product of Soulquarians not so much him.

Common and Dilla was one of the great duo's.
I agree for the most part which is a bit weird cause Common was/is one of my favorites to listen to. Common wasn't really lyrical on LWFC but it still is a classic, the music was great, the beats and the rhymes fit together very well. I always thought Electric Circus was extremely underrated, it's a great album but people didn't like the fact that he was experimenting with new beats with Soulquarians. Now I do have to say that LWFC is Common's product and I would give a lot of credits to Jay Dee for the beats. For a guy who does not have a very amazing flow, very amazing lyrics or wordplay he has a lot of classics. He is a very good writer but not that much of a lyricist if you know what I mean.

The last Slum Village mixtape/album with Mick Boogie has some of the best beats you have heard in years. Check out Special and Turning me Off for classic beats.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #23
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibusfan420 View Post
I barely pay attention to new hip hop, but i still manage to find good new stuff every few months. Right now there is some decent hip hop which is fairly popular, it's not amazing, but compared to a few years ago it's better.

This for album for instance:

Maybe it isn't "classic", but i've still listened to it in entirety a bunch of times. Same with a few other albums that have come out since the start of last year. I can't think of an album from 2009 or 2010 that i bothered listening to more than once unless it was from Curren$y or Freddie Gibbs.

i agreed with about 12% of what you said the past 2 pages.

but that song is dope. big ups.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote