news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #16
D.projectile

D.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkey

don juan n castenada is the shit btw
D.projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #17
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.projectile View Post
''Some of us get so serious about cleansing our inner selves that we forget how to enjoy things.''

peace. yh thats very true, and the backlash from backtracking and letting things get to me always happens..

yeah g i'd appreciate some recommendations.

I think it would make most sense for me to address things from an energetic point of view as opposed to what ive attempted. thats probably the most effective in transformation and being less subject to things
That's one of the best ways to look at things man. Everything is enegy, therefore, everything is connected. Also, remember this, the mind creates the reality. One of the main things for you to do is gain control of your thoughts. Direct them the way you want them. Don't allow them to be swayed all the time. If there's a song constantly repeating in your head, switch to a personal mantra.

I'll definitely go through what I have and have deeply considered and hit you up today with a few titles.

Quote:
don juan n castenada is the shit btw
It's CRAZY you mention that because I've always meant to pick up these books. I just can't seem to figure out which book is the FIRST book!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #18
photo_love

photo_love Sinister snakephoto_love Sinister snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
Peace,

All of us come to a point in life where we have to either completely change, or continue to ride the fence. Those of us who instinctively feel that there is infinitely more to creation, to ourselves, to life, etc. have the hardest struggle of all, I believe, in making this choice.

Our souls tell us that we should concentrate on our deepest desires. Be they to backpack around the world and visit ancient monuments, spend a few months or years with the indigenous peoples of whereever, or simply save up a lot of money, buy an island and concentrate of developing the unification of mind, body and spirit. One, if not all of these ideas, and more crosses our minds more times than we can count throughout the day.

Personally, I'm borderline at that point. Enough with speaking about the way things are and the way we, as people should behave. Simply be all that you study. Live the example that you admire so deeply and forget everything else.
Take only the things that matter seriously. Everything and everyone else is just smoke and mirrors. It seems that every time I turn on the television I'm disgusted. Simply because there's nothing to watch. Nothing inspiring, educational or even remotely entertaining. "The Event" is the best thing on since, "Heroes" for me.

Bottom line, wreckless abandonment, with just balance, of course, is seeming to be the best option for me as of now. Has anyone tried this yet? Those of you who have considered it, I'd like to hear your thoughts/advice as well.

Peace

most people wont understand where you are coming from on this statement but hey life is all about the choices you make and the chances that you hve to take and the changes you have to make or life wont be up to your expectations unless you have extremely low expectations. I for one am not going to stand by and let life pass me by. the only way to go through life is by taking the bull by the horns and doing everything you can to find something that makes you feel like you belong in this time and place other than that people (like you and me) should do our danmdest to get to that place where we know we belong and we are/have been trying so god damn hard to get to.

Feeling the power of the earth surge through our bodies and knowing that we were ment for more that this, more than what we are is what has pushed us to thrive and to become who we kow we can and should be.

Just know that people out there will know what you are talking about but then there are those who FEEL what you are talking about. I am one who feels what you are talking about.

"one cannot reflect in streaming water. Only those who know internal peace can give it to others."-Not telling you
photo_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #19
Wooly Noggins
There is No We !

Wooly Noggins shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Wooly Noggins Send a message via AIM to Wooly Noggins Send a message via Yahoo to Wooly Noggins

another trap

"E E Even if i stutter i'ma Still Come Off"
Wooly Noggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #20
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Only for the weak-minded. If you choose to listen to the barbaric side of your Self, then yes, it is a trap. Most are too afraid to search their souls because they're afraid of what they'll find. Afraid they won't be able to control it. So they stick to routines and continue to exist instead of live. Cowards really.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you're preaching to the teachers of the preachers - knowing where you fall in ranks at is a big part of this also -
Old 09-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #22
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Exactly. Another area where most fail.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #23
D.projectile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post

It's CRAZY you mention that because I've always meant to pick up these books. I just can't seem to figure out which book is the FIRST book!
yo u know after reading that material i was like ''..im a pussy!''
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #24
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Lol. Like that?? What this cat went through in these books and the lessons taught therein have to be deep! Can you give me an example of what happened in the reading that made you feel this way?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #25
D.projectile

it showed me the things i reinforce on a daily basis are because of some kind of invisible sword at my throat..however..its actually me holding that sword.

also i have this tendency to get poetic about things...i think i do speak a fair amount of truths but my inner environment that makes me have certain attitudes..like being done with certain people etc.

its down to being afraid to battle i figured..im working on it tho
like a fear to uphold something i know is right/beneficial/pro-life/harmonious
(which will result in a battle..on more than one front)
Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #26
D.projectile

i used to dismiss the idea of daily life being a war but i can see why certain heads have said it..certain conversations with fam have felt like that lol. certain convos i get in with them i know their wrestling me..they may not know it lol.

noticing that i saw myself do it with others even if in a real subtle way
dam im ramblin

but yeah
self-importance is a real shackle
Old 09-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #27
D.projectile

basically it showed me im pretty much somewhere between scared n fake, reason being if i executed fully what i wanted to be doing i'd be hated immensely..and im not so for that reason alone id say that..it kinda exposed that further

"Warriors are incapable of feeling compassion because they no longer feel sorry for themselves. Without the driving force of self-pity, compassion is meaningless.
For a warrior everything begins and ends with himself. However, his contact with the abstract causes him to overcome his feeling of self-importance. Then the self becomes abstract and impersonal."

Last edited by D.projectile; 09-26-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #28
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
basically it showed me im pretty much somewhere between scared n fake, reason being if i executed fully what i wanted to be doing i'd be hated immensely..and im not so for that reason alone id say that..it kinda exposed that further

"Warriors are incapable of feeling compassion because they no longer feel sorry for themselves. Without the driving force of self-pity, compassion is meaningless.
For a warrior everything begins and ends with himself. However, his contact with the abstract causes him to overcome his feeling of self-importance. Then the self becomes abstract and impersonal."
Quote:
i used to dismiss the idea of daily life being a war but i can see why certain heads have said it..certain conversations with fam have felt like that lol. certain convos i get in with them i know their wrestling me..they may not know it lol.

noticing that i saw myself do it with others even if in a real subtle way
dam im ramblin

but yeah
self-importance is a real shackle
Quote:
it showed me the things i reinforce on a daily basis are because of some kind of invisible sword at my throat..however..its actually me holding that sword.

also i have this tendency to get poetic about things...i think i do speak a fair amount of truths but my inner environment that makes me have certain attitudes..like being done with certain people etc.

its down to being afraid to battle i figured..im working on it tho
like a fear to uphold something i know is right/beneficial/pro-life/harmonious
(which will result in a battle..on more than one front)

oh shit, you are really there -
Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #29
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

I hear you D. That's a great thing that you're able to break your Self down like that and examine. I mean truly examine. Lao Tzu says that if you can conquer others, you're stong. If you conquer your Self, you're mighty. Most will never know what that feels like.