news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: Another Day At The Box Office [Domestic]
Under Budget [Bomb Atomically] 5 19.23%
Break Even [20 mil] 7 26.92%
Double Budget [40 mil] 10 38.46%
Reach 100 mil status 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Honestly though I think it will hit the 16-18 mil mark.

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
kingaaronz
PRODIGAL SUN

kingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venoms

Realistically I think it'll break even, at least.
kingaaronz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Shame they had to go with CGIs instead of more practical special effects/stunts (the blood splatters look wack and unreal). I understand it's a budget-issue and as RZA's profile will increase so will the budget.

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

first weekend 35M

me finks this movie will appeal to a surprising amount of people
Old 07-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #20
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yea even on that wack ass website worldstar hip hop,all those hood folks were going apeshit over it

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #21
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
If you think about - How often martial art movies make it to wide distribution? What competition do they have? The genre itself should bring lots of viewers.

I'm sure due to Quentin's name being on it it will receive wide distribution in theatre's.

KILL BILL & KILL BILL2 were the last martial art flicks I can remember that did well.
word.. straight martial art flicks wouldnt even get picked up for the most part.. even Kill Bill had to be cut to 2 parts in order to get the green light. Tarantino's original version was for 1 film [which he promised will get the light of day as "Kill Bill : The While Bloody Affair." but as of now i highly doubt]

what other straight American made kung fu joint had a major release ? i really cant think of one besides Jet Li's "Kiss of The Dragon." which came out in 01' with a budget of 25 mil and ended up makin 36 mil... not bad actually and please, lets not bring in "Forbidden Kingdom" or the new "Karate Kid" to the mix.. those are fluff corn material...
Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #22
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

other movies opening Nov. 2nd

Flight - Denzel Washington
Wreck-it-Ralph - Disney Cartoon
Seven Psychopaths

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #23
theoneunderthesun

theoneunderthesun shaolin monk
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
If you think about - How often martial art movies make it to wide distribution? What competition do they have? The genre itself should bring lots of viewers.

I'm sure due to Quentin's name being on it it will receive wide distribution in theatre's.

KILL BILL & KILL BILL2 were the last martial art flicks I can remember that did well.
word sun
theoneunderthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #24
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

BUMP

IRON FISTS pulled in $8.22 mil domestically on its opening weekend. thats slight more than the whole budget which was 15mil... so its safe to say it will at least break even.. hopefully it does more tho which will secure RZA's rep as a director and will gain the trust from the studio execs and more projects for the Abbot.

might i add the CREAM raked in when it opens worldwide + PPVs & DVD sales shit will be far from a flop.. im pissed i couldnt catch it this weekend due to circumstances [Sandy fucked up alot of shit around me] but i'll be peepin it on Wed. heavily blunted of course.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #25
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

He should've had masta killa narrate the story. "Intruder alert shining symbol, this be the war of the shaolin temple"
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #26
tekunique
SupaSelekta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
He should've had masta killa narrate the story. "Intruder alert shining symbol, this be the war of the shaolin temple"
word, nigga raps like a narrator anyway..lol
Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #27
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

lol yeah it would've been a perfect fit
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #28
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

Hey the movies grossed $7.91M in the 1st week, so hopefully it would go past breaking even
http://www.imdb.com/chart/
Old 11-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #29
silent_whistler_uk
myspace.com/iou7

silent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken masta

hopefully it has a uk release...
silent_whistler_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #30
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekunique View Post

BUMP

IRON FISTS pulled in $8.22 mil domestically on its opening weekend. thats slight more than the whole budget which was 15mil... so its safe to say it will at least break even.. hopefully it does more tho which will secure RZA's rep as a director and will gain the trust from the studio execs and more projects for the Abbot.

might i add the CREAM raked in when it opens worldwide + PPVs & DVD sales shit will be far from a flop.. im pissed i couldnt catch it this weekend due to circumstances [Sandy fucked up alot of shit around me] but i'll be peepin it on Wed. heavily blunted of course.
I Saw it Twice For U. Second time around its only more noticeble how much got deleted, the first 5 minutes looks like a whole hour was edited down. "beardy" who plays the hyena chief. is only in the intro.