news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkey
Default Cannibal Ox confirms new album coming in 2013!!!

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2012/11/...oming-in-2013/

Vast Aire revealed, “We never broke up, but the timing is now right for a new Cannibal Ox LP. Iron Galaxy Records is about to take over.” He also confirmed that he and Vordul Mega are in the studio now working on the album. Last year, El-P stated that there would never be another Can Ox album produced by him, so it will be interesting to see who the production on this one will come from.

Sounds promising! Imo, it may be better if El-P isn't involved in the process. Given that Cannibal Ox has started touring again, I'm thinking this is the real deal. Vordul Mega has never disappointed me thus far, lets see if Vast can step his game up for this record. The recent guest appearances prove this could work.

Last edited by Young Gun; 11-16-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

NOT A FAN OF VAST AIRE OR VORDULS SOLO PROJECTS BUT THE LAST VAST AIRE SHIT WAS TuFF SO THIS NEW CANNIBAL OX SHIT SHOULD BE CLASSIC

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

The slang "Tuff" was cool in the 70's
Old 11-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
WooHa
Avant-garde

WooHa drunken mastaWooHa drunken masta

tuff
WooHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

I could care less about this if EL isn't producing it. Vordul was okay but Vast was always annoying to me, I always considered Can Ox the biggest waste of beats ever next to Group Home
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

GROUP HOMES TOO CLASSIC AND STREET FOR NERD BACKPACKERS TO COMMENT On

YOU FAGS DONT EVEN KNO WHAT A GROUP HOME IS LOL

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post
I could care less about this if EL isn't producing it. Vordul was okay but Vast was always annoying to me, I always considered Can Ox the biggest waste of beats ever next to Group Home
I disagree on Can Ox, but Group Home I could never really get into. I've always preferred Vordul over Vast, but hopefully Vast will step his game up for this album. Ox 2010 was surprisingly solid, and Vordul has always been great imo, his authenticity is something somewhat lacking in Hip Hop.

I highly anticipate this album, as I suspect Vordul and Vast wouldn't come together if it didn't mean heat rocks would be droppin.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Is Vordul still acting strange in the streets?

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Is Vordul still acting strange in the streets?
On these recent cuts he sounds refreshed. Someone needs to interview Vordul though, he's definitely outspoken.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

I'd say Vordul and Vast Aire are about even. Their styles is so different but really dope on Cannibal Ox. Vast never rapped consistent like that since CanOx. It's great news but then again people shouldn't expect too much, cause it's definitely not going to be as good as Cold Vein when they were in their prime.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #11
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
I'd say Vordul and Vast Aire are about even. Their styles is so different but really dope on Cannibal Ox. Vast never rapped consistent like that since CanOx. It's great news but then again people shouldn't expect too much, cause it's definitely not going to be as good as Cold Vein when they were in their prime.
The Cold Vein will never be recreated, no doubt about that. I would have said I've come to know what to expect from Vordul, but recently imo he's been on a whole nother level. What I've heard from Vast has been alright, but I haven't really kept up with his work outside of solo LPs. It'll be interesting to see how they approach this album.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #12
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Expecting more from this than the Wu group album.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACKCLOUD AKA FLOOR TILE TANK View Post
YOU FAGS DONT EVEN KNO WHAT A GROUP HOME IS LOL
The place from where you are posting right now.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Vast Aire stated in a myspace rant a few years back that El-P's ego is what really got in the way of their friendship as a whole. El-P never paid them full royalties for Cold Vein and apparently told Vordul he "uses the N word too much". He'll also apparently flip out if not given full control of a project.

I'd honestly like to see Can Ox working with different producers, El-P has made classics, no doubt. But his douchey personality really deters me from his music as a whole. Belief is an incredibly underrated producer that suites Vordul really well, I'd like to see him doing work on this LP.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Great news but they need El-P. I don't know what other producers can do them justice.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote