news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 11-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Anyone play Mensa?

http://www.mensa.org.uk/index.html

Quote:
The purpose of Mensa
  • to provide a stimulating intellectual and social environment for its members
  • to identify and foster human intelligence for the benefit of humanity
  • to encourage research into the nature, characteristics, and uses of intelligence
  • More about Mensa and its members
  • Meet Our Members
  • How do I find out my IQ?
  • Mensa offers a range of IQ Tests and online psychometric tests
  • Include your IQ score in CV or university applications
  • Explore your personality, prepare for job interviews or make career choices
  • Mensa's IQ Testing is suitable for those aged over 10 and a half
  • Mensa accepts members via a Prior Evidence Application
  • Gifted Children can be assessed by an educational psychologist to find their IQ score. Local health or education authorities can help you to find psychologists in your area
download the app

Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

Decipher, son.

Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 11-21-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Mensa IQ Levels

IQ or Intelligence Quotient is an attempt to measure intelligence. This means many things to many people but generally the attribute of intelligence refers to quickness of mental comprehension (or mental agility). Intelligence is often confused with knowledge, wisdom, memory, or other attributes and in general has a variety of meanings depending on the context in which it is used. The term IQ usually refers to the attempt to measure a person's mental agility.

There are many standard IQ tests in use around the world. On most intelligence tests, average IQ score is 100, but some tests give different numerical values to the level required for entry into Mensa, in the same way that the same temperature is expressed by different numerical values on the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales.

One way of comparing scores from different IQ tests is to convert them to a ranking, or percentile score, which tells you in which band you fit. A percentile score of 99% means that you are in the top 1%, a percentile score of 98% puts you in the top 2% and so on.

Supervised Mensa IQ Test

British Mensa uses two main tests to identify people's IQ scores, the Cattell III B and the Cattell Culture Fair III A.

A score which puts you in the top two per cent of the population on either of these papers would qualify you for membership of Mensa.

An adult can only get a maximum IQ of 161 on the Cattell III B test.

Comparison of IQ Tests

As different IQ tests were developed, each was given its own scoring system. Therefore, an IQ of 150 is a meaningless claim unless you know the actual test which was used. In order to compare one IQ test against another, the scores are converted to 'percentiles', i.e. where a person's score falls in comparison to the rest of the population by percentage. Mensa offers membership to anyone whose IQ score places them within the top two per cent of the population, no matter which approved test was used.

A top 2% mark in any of these frequently used tests below qualifies you for entry to Mensa. The minimum test mark to get into Mensa is:

Cattell III B - 148
Culture Fair - 132
Ravens Advanced Matrices - 135
Ravens Standard Matrices - 131
Wechsler Scales - 132

Decipher, son.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-than-men.html

Quote:
IQ tests: women score higher than men
Women have scored higher than men in intelligence testing for the first time since records began.

The findings represent a dramatic twist in the battle of the sexes, as in the past 100 years of IQ testing, women have lagged behind men by as much as five points.

But now the gap has closed and females have stolen the lead.
The results have been published by James Flynn, a world-renowned expert in IQ testing, who believes the demands of the modern age are raising standards of intelligence.

He said: "In the last 100 years the IQ scores of both men and women have risen, but women’s have risen faster.
"This is a consequence of modernity. The complexity of the modern world is making our brains adapt and raising our IQ."

One theory for the result is that the demands of juggling family life and building a career have made women more intelligent.

Another theory is those women have always had the potential for higher results, but are only now realising it.

Flynn, who will publish the findings in a new book, added: “The brains of modern people are growing differently and showing increased cognitive complexity which we measure as increases in IQ.

“This improvement is more marked for women than for men because they were disadvantaged in the past.”

But he said more data was needed to explain the trend.

Supporting the notion that women are more than capable of taking on the stereotypically-male hunter-gatherer role, is Helena Jamieson, 33, a consultant who studied English literature at Cambridge.

On her marriage to stay-at home father Luke, 37, she said: “We have done the role reversal. I’m definitely the more intellectual person in the relationship and I’m at work full time while he is raising our daughter.

“I think women probably always knew deep down that they were the more intelligent ones – but as the gentler sex we were quiet about it and let men continue to believe they ruled the world.”

Decipher, son.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

i actually took a supervised mensa iq test when i was 15/16

i cant remember what type of test it was but i was trying to get into mensa. i got in the 95 percentile.
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.

Last edited by John Nash; 11-21-2012 at 10:41 AM.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

play the app. it's quite fun.

Decipher, son.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

IQ score classifications
You can use this IQ table to understand an IQ score. The table also gives the IQ score needed for Mensa membership.

You can use this table below to interpret your IQ score. An IQ score of 100 is the average score in the general population. A score over 110 can be called a ‘high normal’ IQ. An IQ of 115 or greater is considered to be a high IQ. Mensa and International High IQ Society membership scores are also shown.

Each of our recommended IQ tests is standardized. This means that the IQ test has been designed to have an IQ bell curve distribution of scores in the general population, with an average (mean) score of 100. Areas under the curves represent percentages in the population. Nearly 70% of the population score between 85 and 115.

Decipher, son.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

it's just a game you play on your phone. more satisfying than farmville and potfarm ever was.

Decipher, son.

Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 11-21-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

at the moment, the highest overall score on that app is 182 by russell latterman.

Decipher, son.

Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 11-21-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I can tie my own shoe lace's

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Above, you’ll see that basic outline of what IQ means and how most of the world stacks up. That mountain in the middle represents where most of us would rank. Let’s put it in perspective by looking at the expected career paths of individuals within specific IQ ranges:

IQ of 87: Unskilled workers (no special training or special skills)
IQ of 92: Semi-skilled workers (truck drivers, factory workers etc)
IQ of 101: Skilled workers (clerical workers, sales professionals, electricians, craftsmen and foremen etc)
IQ of 104: Managers and administrators (received 1-3 years of college education in a specific field)
IQ of 112: Professional or technical workers (estate agents, surveyors, environmental or forensic scientists, educators etc)
IQ of 125: Lawyers, doctors (PhDs, JDs, MDs)
IQ of 135: Neurosurgeons, research scientists, university professors

Read more at http://thechive.com/2012/09/05/famou...SvT1tDd9kg5.99

Decipher, son.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I thought IQ stood for Internet Qualifications. Thanks for clearing this up trix.

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:07 AM   #13
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

well, it doesn't mean i know everything it just means i'm mentally agile.

Decipher, son.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

there's another Mensa app you can play and it's real fun, too.

From NERDr.com

Quote:
Mensa Academy app review for iPhone, iPa, iPod and Android. Mensa Academy is currently $4.99 in the App store. The Mensa Academy App is created by Square Enix games, who also made the famous Final Fantasy series.

Is the Mensa Academy App worth it? it is very expensive for a game. Mensa Academy has previously been available for the Nintendo 3DS and other platforms. It’s not a new game, just converted from the other versions available. It claims in the description to have more than 1000 questions and I will write a Mensa Academy guide here on Nerdr if I have time later this week.

Graphics. The graphics in Mensa Academy are nice and cartoony. Not too childish, but not as serious as other games.

Sound. Sound in Mensa Academy is nice. Good music and sound effects throughout the game. There is voice sound effects from the lady on the menu. It’s a nice touch and adds to the quality of the Mensa app.

Puzzles. A new question type is introduced nearly every level. With 100 levels (20 in each of 5 categories). I estimate Mensa Academy has 100 question types. In the Mensa Academy game description on the App store it says it has 1000′s of questions. Many of these are just randomly generated. In truth, their are about 100 question types. Maybe less ,but the puzzles are challenging.

I have seen and taken official Mensa tests (I am a member). The puzzles here in Mensa Academy are not of the type you will find in an official Mensa test exactly. They are more cartoony and randomly generated than the real thing. They do however cover the same categories as real Mensa tests.

Gameplay. Some of the puzzles and questions in Mensa Academy are average. Some questions are repeated too often. The review claims Mensa Academy app contains over 1000 questions. The early questions are basically a reaction test, with questions like “Hit all the numbers that are a multiple of 11″. I hope it gets better!

From the Mensa Academy main menu you get three options once you hit start. Play, Coach and Test brain training options. In these you then see:

Language puzzles.
Numeracy Puzzles.
Logic Puzzles.
Visual Puzzles.
Memory Puzzles.

Each of these options contains 20 “levels” of quizzes. I have not yet completed the game (just purchased Mensa Academy 1 hour ago). So far the puzzles are not challenging. I hope the game gets better, and will update this review once I play more.
Value. Mensa Academy costs $4.99. This is a very expensive app compared to the free and $0.99 apps that are out there. If you really like question and quiz games then I would suggest you buy it, but because of the price I can only half recommend it. 3/5. Do not buy Mensa Academy if you have an older iPad 1 or older iDevice because there are many reports of crashing in the comments section on the App store.

Conclusion. If you don’t mind spending $4.99 on a puzzle app then I would recommend buying this. It’s good, but not amazingly great. It might be worth waiting for a price drop sale later. 3/5 from me at the expensive price, 5/5 if you find Mensa Academy for $0.99! Nerdr.com.

Update after 1 hour of play of the Mensa Academy App. I have now completed about 5 challenges on each of the 5 categories of Mensa Academy. It is definitely overpriced at $4.99! It does have some polish in graphics and style, so I say $0.99 would be too cheap, but the most I would pay for Mensa Academy is $2.99.

The puzzle types in Mensa Academy do get hard, so it’s good if you like a challenge. Mensa Academy is not suitable for small children because of the difficult of puzzles. At level 2 (out of 20 levels) on the Numeracy they need to know 3/11 is the same as 12/44 for example. Mensa Academy gets hard quickly and requires a reasonable level of education. Still there are puzzles in the app that children will like, like the animal ordering puzzle. The graphics in Mensa Academy are also made to appeal to children.

Decipher, son.

Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 11-30-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 AM   #15
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

That game gets really HARD as you go up each level, and there are lots of levels.

Got a new score. Not as good as the one I posted but still respectable.

Decipher, son.