news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 11-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #31
Jadda
Drunken Monk

Jadda crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscularghandi View Post
You think MK is pissed at all about this? Who produced the R U Listening?
Inspectah Deck
Jadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #32
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
"No way is he going to make a better album than No Said Date."

So youve heard LIR huh? You dont grasp what MK is capable of
I don't need to listen to Dark Matter to know that it's not going to be as good as Beneath The Surface. Some things are just obvious.

You are aware of the fact that it had tracks like:

What Masta Killa is capable of? I think he's the most underrated member in the clan and as a lyricist he is a monster. He killed Glaciers of Ice, Da Mystery Of Chessboxin and some other tracks. He's just not doing that anymore, not on that level. I haven't seen anyone mentioning Masta Killa's 5/5 performance on Winter Warz, just because Cappa's verse was longer and slightly better.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #33
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
"No way is he going to make a better album than No Said Date."

So youv'e heard LIR huh? You dont grasp what MK is capable of

NSD is a classic. Yeah I said it, don't start acting like nerds and try and tell me I throw that word around too much because I don't.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #34
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post

NSD is a classic. Yeah I said it, don't start acting like nerds and try and tell me I throw that word around too much because I don't.
Agreed. If it was released during Wu's golden years everyone would be all over it. Definitely one of the best albums of 2000-
Old 11-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #35
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Send a message via Skype™ to SKAMPOE

This is sounding mega dope
I'm gettin this no question

For the GenChat pervs
SKAMPOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #36
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
I don't need to listen to Dark Matter to know that it's not going to be as good as Beneath The Surface. Some things are just obvious.

You are aware of the fact that it had tracks like:

What Masta Killa is capable of? I think he's the most underrated member in the clan and as a lyricist he is a monster. He killed Glaciers of Ice, Da Mystery Of Chessboxin and some other tracks. He's just not doing that anymore, not on that level. I haven't seen anyone mentioning Masta Killa's 5/5 performance on Winter Warz, just because Cappa's verse was longer and slightly better.
I'd argue that MK still is on that level. Everything i've heard from him recently is on point... i think he's gotten better and better.
muscularghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #37
REANIMATED
Veteran Member

REANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venoms

MK is better NOW than he ever was...

hes only gotten better and better honestly...

the way he styled that DRIVIN ROUND was butter...

"this is wu block music for the black hooded champions"

masta killa dead pan pimp shit this LP sounds real good... another winner for MK
REANIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #38
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post

i feel it is, it has no skips is cohesive and it sounds awesome 9 years later

his verse on Drivin Round is ill, im glad MK has gotten shine since he debuted. such a humble and dope mc
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #39
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscularghandi View Post
You think MK is pissed at all about this? Who produced the R U Listening?
doubt it, MK is mad chill he doesnt strike me as a cat that would get hung up about something like that. he had it first, that tracks been around for a minute now

the 9th Wonder beats sound older, which is a good thing. more smoothed out melodies instead of the heavy chop stuff he does more recently
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #40
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by REANIMATED View Post

MK is better NOW than he ever was...

hes only gotten better and better honestly...

the way he styled that DRIVIN ROUND was butter...

"this is wu block music for the black hooded champions"

masta killa dead pan pimp shit this LP sounds real good... another winner for MK

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #41
D.projectile

D.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkey

track 11 and 13!!
D.projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #42
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think the tracklist is wrong in the middle?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #43
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"I don't need to listen to Dark Matter to know that it's not going to be as good as Beneath The Surface."

I get that but depending on the history of the MC, some CONSTANTLY put out good consistent work regardless if they have an incredible debut album. Why do you think there are even debates as to why some second round solos/group albums are even BETTER then the debuts? (36 Chambers=Forever, IRONMAN=Supreme Clientele). Those are fine examples of people who think a latter album is better. MK can possibly pull that off.

"What Masta Killa is capable of? I think he's the most underrated member in the clan and as a lyricist he is a monster."

Then your already underrating him if you think he can't possibly drop a better album than NSD.

"He killed Glaciers of Ice, Da Mystery Of Chessboxin and some other tracks. He's just not doing that anymore, not on that level"

He doesn't need to to make a good album. NSD & MIB both evidence that. He didnt spit anything nearly like his older days on either albums for them to both good when you have amazing tracks like Ringing Bells, Its What It Is, Queen, Iron God Chamber, Secret Rivals, Silverbacks.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #44
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
"I don't need to listen to Dark Matter to know that it's not going to be as good as Beneath The Surface."

I get that but depending on the history of the MC, some CONSTANTLY put out good consistent work regardless if they have an incredible debut album. Why do you think there are even debates as to why some second round solos/group albums are even BETTER then the debuts? (36 Chambers=Forever, IRONMAN=Supreme Clientele). Those are fine examples of people who think a latter album is better. MK can possibly pull that off.

"What Masta Killa is capable of? I think he's the most underrated member in the clan and as a lyricist he is a monster."

Then your already underrating him if you think he can't possibly drop a better album than NSD.

"He killed Glaciers of Ice, Da Mystery Of Chessboxin and some other tracks. He's just not doing that anymore, not on that level"

He doesn't need to to make a good album. NSD & MIB both evidence that. He didnt spit anything nearly like his older days on either albums for them to both good when you have amazing tracks like Ringing Bells, Its What It Is, Queen, Iron God Chamber, Secret Rivals, Silverbacks.
You can't compare a legendary era like that to the music today. No Said Date had very dope lyrics, no legendary verses like Wu-Tang Clan verses or guest appearances, but still high class. Yes, I do like Wu-Tang Forever more than 36 Chambers, cause that's a classic album and actually a perfect way of demonstrating 'growth' within the Clan. Everyone was at their peak at the time and production was way more versatile than 36 Chambers (still one of my favorites of all time) and on top of that double LP. The SC/Ironman discussion is because those albums are actually on the same level and Ghost was able to pull it off back then. Everyone knows he can't do that right now. Time is a important factor, production won't be as good, don't see him putting the same effort into this album like he did back then. Made In Brooklyn was dope, but wasn't fucking with No Said Date. Why would you think this one would be better?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #45
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

You havent heard ONE song from LIR so you have NO GROUNDS of judgement.

"production won't be as good, don't see him putting the same effort into this album like he did back then. Made In Brooklyn was dope, but wasn't fucking with No Said Date. Why would you think this one would be better? "

MIB was strictly a Brooklyn album duh lol, he didnt seek too much from Wu producers minus Bronze because most of the producers he used were from BK. It was more of a tribute to his hometown than expanding the sound of his own or Wu-Tang for that matter. LIR as he said is more of the album Wu fans are EXPECTING from him (ala Wu guests & production). He was never trying to top NSD with MIB. You havent even heard a snippet from LIR yet you already know production wont be as good LOL smh. Plus, for the time being SC was released when practically NO ONE ANYMORE had faith in the Wu. Their golden years & peak had already come & gone, yet Ghost had fire under his ass & proved everyone wrong. You wont know how good the album can be until you sit your ass down & LISTEN to it point blank period. Stop judging things you have no listening experiences on.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote