news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 11-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #211
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

I thoroughly enjoyed Iron Fists. There were some questionable moments in the soundtrack (Kanye's rapping and that "I Go On" bit.), but I thought it was overall very well executed.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #212
wukillabee25
SHAOLIN STUDENT

wukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venoms

Movie exceeded my expectations for sure.
wukillabee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #213
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the north america total is currently $15,245,940

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #214
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hard not to like the movie. it comes from a good place.

the fight scenes were stiff. but all in all an enjoyable flick.

but that ghostface/wiz vagina song is HORRIBLE.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #215
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

i wish we could have got the real biggining with the lion clans and other clans that barely made it on screen. i wanted to see gold lion in action. hyena chief was only in the intro. im not mad at the beggining but you could tell the build to that got cut off.

Last edited by CuzinBilly; 12-08-2012 at 02:11 PM.
CuzinBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #216
ChristO

ChristO shaolin monk

they pulled the movie from theatres here in Philly, like two weeks into it...
Old 12-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #217
duotone
PRODIGAL SUN

duotone crouching tiger

is there anywhere a WW total for that movie?
i remember someone mentioned $15mio after 2 weeks...

the movie released in europe on 29th nov.

http://www.youtube.com/du0t0ne
duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #218
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotone View Post
is there anywhere a WW total for that movie?
i remember someone mentioned $15mio after 2 weeks...

the movie released in europe on 29th nov.
Quote:
Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $15,608,545 87.1%
+ Foreign: $2,320,199 12.9%
= Worldwide: $17,928,744

Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $7,910,980
(#4 rank, 1,868 theaters, $4,235 average)
% of Total Gross: 50.7%
> View All 7 Weekends
Widest Release: 1,872 theaters
In Release: 45 days / 6.4 weeks

SOURCE : http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=...eironfists.htm
Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #219
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to IronSheik Send a message via Skype™ to IronSheik
Default Unrated Extended Edition available Feb 12 on Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital Download, UV

Own the rated & unrated version you couldn’t see in theaters!

TECHNICAL INFORMATION – BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK:
Street Date: February 12, 2013
Copyright: 2013 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Selection Number: 61120762 (U.S.); 61122469 (CDN)
Running time: 1 Hour, 36 Minutes (Theatrical); 1 Hour 48 Minutes (Unrated)
Layers: BD-50
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 Widescreen
Rating: R for bloody violence, strong sexuality, language and brief drug use (Theatrical, U.S) ; 18A Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes, Coarse Language (Canada); 13+ Violence (Quebec)
Languages/Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Sound: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/DVS 2.0 DD (English), DTS Digital Surround 5.1 (Spanish), DTS Digital Surround 5.1 (Canadian)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION – DVD:
Street Date: February 12, 2013
Copyright: 2013 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Selection Number: 61119169 (U.S.); 61122471 (CDN)
Running time: 1 Hour, 36 Minutes (Theatrical); 1 Hour 48 Minutes (Unrated)
Layers: Dual Layer
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Rating: : R for bloody violence, strong sexuality, language and brief drug use (Theatrical, U.S); 18A Brutal Violence, Gory Scenes, Coarse Language (Canada); 13+ Violence (Quebec)
Languages/Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1/DVS Dolby Digital 2.0 (English), Dolby Digital 5.1 (Spanish), Dolby Digital 5.1 (Canadian)

The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack allows consumers to view The Man with the Iron Fists anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. It includes a Blu-ray™ disc, a DVD, a Digital Copy and UltraViolet™ for the ultimate, complete viewing experience.
  • Blu-ray™ disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring perfect hi-def picture and hi-def sound.
  • DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
  • Digital Copy provides consumers with a choice of formats from a variety of partners, including options to watch on iPhone®, Android™, computers and more.
  • UltraViolet™ is a revolutionary new way for consumers to collect their movies and TV shows in the cloud. UltraViolet™lets consumers instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers and TVs.

PRODUCT/BONUS MATERIAL: (Preliminary)
DVD & BLU-RAY
  • Unrated Version of the film
  • Deleted Scenes (30:00 min)
    • The Saga of Gold Lion
    • Jack Knife Journey Through Wolf Mountain
    • Zen Yi and Chan Make Camp
    • Blacksmith Doctors Zen Yi
    • Mirror Maze
  • A Path to the East (2:30 min)
  • A Look Inside The Man with the Iron Fists (2:00 min)
  • On the Set with RZA (5:00 min)
    • The Journey Begins
    • Casting Legends
    • Respect the Classics
    • Visualizing the Story
    • First Person Shooter
Old 12-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #220
duotone
PRODIGAL SUN

duotone crouching tiger

i need that combo pack

http://www.youtube.com/du0t0ne
duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #221
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

finally got the chance to see the movie two nights ago, wish i could've seen it for real in a cinema as i would definitely support it if it was playing here.. it was pretty much what i expected it to be, classic Kung Fu flick style meets Tarantino and Wu-Tang crossed my mind. it works well as an homage to the classics too.

it is very good looking, the action scenes are exceptional, and there were a lot of fun moments. the soundtrack was of course brilliant, both in its use of the original score, the songs from the soundtrack and reused tracks like "Shame on a Nigga" and "Unexpected". i do think RZA might have overdone it slightly with adding music, it's great, but sometimes a movie need some silence as dramatic effect. this had music almost all the way through.. hard to complain when it's RZA's music though lol.

as i bet already been discussed here, the story and narration did seem a bit messy, there were so many different characters and plot elements that were introduced solely via RZA's narration which made it a bit hard to follow at times. mostly i saw the movie as simple, pure FUN and in that aspect it works really well. RZA came along way from that "Domestic Violence" video, it's not an "Eraserhead" or "Reservoir Doggs" but still a quite impressive debut.

as a Wu head, i'd be tempted to give it a 4/5, but as a movie i'm settling with 3/5 which i think is a very fair review, meaning that it's good but not great.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #222
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
finally got the chance to see the movie two nights ago, wish i could've seen it for real in a cinema as i would definitely support it if it was playing here..
where did you see it and where you live at ?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #223
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

extended version is 13 minutes longer. plus 30 minutes of deleted scene including
the true intro of the film im in. last i checked film had made 18.3 M worldwide so far.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #224
mAlAkAz
DELUXE LUXURY

mAlAkAz drunken mastamAlAkAz drunken mastamAlAkAz drunken masta

the blu-ray bonus should've also included the original low budget movie he made in 2010 called Wu-Tang Vs. The Golden Phoenix or at least the trailer
http://youtu.be/_MgfRTmuZSY

http://youtu.be/cB9gmRv122A

Last edited by mAlAkAz; 12-30-2012 at 01:17 AM.
mAlAkAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #225
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Liked the flick! But its obvious why its narrated, hopefully the directors cut will be even better.
It's my little cousin Daz and he's fucking my ho...
https://soundcloud.com/neyonshell
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote