news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Stones Throw To Re-Release J Dilla's "Donuts" As Vinyl Box Set

Stones Throw is planning to release an all-vinyl box set of J Dilla's "Donuts."

Last week, news broke that Ma Dukes' Yancey Media Group was planning to release a slew of previously unheard material from the legendary J Dilla. Now, in a recent report from HipHopWired, it looks like fans of Jay Dee have even more to rejoice about, as a new box set of Donuts is slated to drop.

This January, famed indie label Stones Throw will release a special edition box set of J Dilla's famed 2006 instrumental album Donuts. The eight record set will feature the album pressed in 45 vinyl record format.

Along with Dilla's seminal album, the box set will include wax pressings of hard-to-find singles from the legendary Detroit producer and emcee. Among these singles are the out-of print "Fan Club 45" featuring Oh No and Roc C, and "Murder Goons" and "Sniper Elite" featuring Ghostface Killah and DOOM, respectively.

Head over to Stones Throw's website to pre-order the box set now.

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Instant buy.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

I still don't think most people understand Donuts

Especially not the hipsters with the 'Dilla saved my life' t-shirts

Every sample he flipped had an underlying message. He knew he was dying and spoke through to his inner circle, family, fans .... track by track like a last will and testament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
I still don't think most people understand Donuts

Especially not the hipsters with the 'Dilla saved my life' t-shirts
They are the worst I agree.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
VORTEX
Leanin' & Chillin'

VORTEX drunken mastaVORTEX drunken masta

Got a feeling shit might be expensive, but most def' worth getting!
Hopefully it will be available thru' HHV, cause' customs over here like to fuck people over twice when from outside EU!
VORTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckYouPayMe View Post
Got a feeling shit might be expensive, but most def' worth getting!
Hopefully it will be available thru' HHV, cause' customs over here like to fuck people over twice when from outside EU!
I'm 100% sure you can get it from HHV. They have all the new ST releases on vinyl and cd. I order there sometimes, but isn't there a local recordshop in your city?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
VORTEX
Leanin' & Chillin'

VORTEX drunken mastaVORTEX drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
I'm 100% sure you can get it from HHV. They have all the new ST releases on vinyl and cd. I order there sometimes, but isn't there a local recordshop in your city?
Nah man the local recordshop here is weak as hell, they take up to a month to get orders home - And they can't get all these ill releases, so fuck em! I order from HHV on the reg' and imma continue doing that! Fast delivery and good service! That's what i'm about yo!
VORTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckYouPayMe View Post
Nah man the local recordshop here is weak as hell, they take up to a month to get orders home - And they can't get all these ill releases, so fuck em! I order from HHV on the reg' and imma continue doing that! Fast delivery and good service! That's what i'm about yo!
Yes, I agree HVV service is really good. Ordered there lots of times and they're never late. The recordshop I go to is great, they have everything as soon as you can get it.