news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 12-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #61
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
your examples failed. i don't consider plants and herbs that were freely available a commodity.

if the groups who were good at hunting ate good and had their own pelts and was able to gather their own plants and herbs, what could a next man offer him? a next man that ain't good at hunting isn't gonna have pelts to trade.
But one group may have known where to find certain plants/herbs that others didn't or were unable to get to. Just cos they grew wild doesn't mean it was a freely available commodity for everyone.

As for the pelts, one group could have a very succesful period of hunting and had gathered excess of what they actually needed. Doesn't mean they would always be successful though. If there was times when food was scarse then they would have something to trade with if another group were doing well at that time..... or they could have just massacred the other group and took everything off them!

None of us can say for certain
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #62
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
lol, I meant there wouldn't be arguments around the dinner table you dipshit! I don't think someone would be complaining cos they had to eat a different type of meat sometime. Do you really think they would be sitting there thinking

'What's this shite? I really fancied a nice juicy buffalo steak tonight' lmao

When it comes to the trading, maybe you're right about them fighting/killing for food from each other but on the other hand they could easily have traded, just cos there was no law enforcment/rules etc they could still have done trades. Maybe greed etc wasn't as prevalent as it is today

no, because people never argue or fight over food. have you not seen all the brawls that break out at fast food places?

Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

Decipher, son.

Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 12-04-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #63
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
I didn't think they talked, I thought they just grunted? Not everybody loves steak. Maybe some liked dodo bird better or some didn't like meat at all, so they stuck to plants.
Maybe but I just don't really think they would have been as fussy as what people are today. With the abundance of different types of food, choice and availability that we have now I think peoples tastes/preferences are hugely different to what they would have been like. When food was scarce you probably would just be grateful for whatever you got to eat
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #64
hashashin
Be Seeing You

Quote:
no, because people never argue or fight over food. have you not seen all the brawls that break out at fast food places?
Thats what I'm trying to say though Trix, people fight over that shite these days but back then if food was scarce do you not think they would just be grateful for whatever was available?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #65
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
But one group may have known where to find certain plants/herbs that others didn't or were unable to get to. Just cos they grew wild doesn't mean it was a freely available commodity for everyone.

As for the pelts, one group could have a very succesful period of hunting and had gathered excess of what they actually needed. Doesn't mean they would always be successful though. If there was times when food was scarse then they would have something to trade with if another group were doing well at that time..... or they could have just massacred the other group and took everything off them!

None of us can say for certain

so, it's winter and there aren't many plants about, let alone any special ones, and they're not good at catching anything. what do they have to trade with?

Decipher, son.

Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 12-04-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #66
hashashin
Be Seeing You

Quote:
so, it's winter and there aren't many plants about, let alone any special ones about. and they're not good at catching anything. what do they have to trade with?
I don't know! What other types of things could be considered a commodity back then?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #67
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Quote:
Maybe but I just don't really think they would have been as fussy as what people are today. With the abundance of different types of food, choice and availability that we have now I think peoples tastes/preferences are hugely different to what they would have been like. When food was scarce you probably would just be grateful for whatever you got to eat
Quote:
Thats what I'm trying to say though Trix, people fight over that shite these days but back then if food was scarce do you not think they would just be grateful for whatever was available?

because people back then didn't have a preference of what type of food they liked?

because people didn't mind going hungry back then?

Decipher, son.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #68
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Quote:
I don't know! What other types of things could be considered a commodity back then?

you're the one who said they traded. you're the one that said they had a commodity to trade with. i'm asking you.

Decipher, son.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #69
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

giving how hard it is to hunt a buffalo, and with the added danger involved, what could a next man offer you in exchange for a bit of that juicy buffalo?

Decipher, son.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #70
hashashin
Be Seeing You

Quote:
because people back then didn't have a preference of what type of food they liked?

because people didn't mind going hungry back then?
Maybe, but I really don't think it was anything like it is these days, remember how much people have developed since then. I think peoples tastes back then would have been a lot simpler back then

They probably did mind about going hungry, thats why I'm saying I dont think they would be arguing about what was on the table, Of course some things might have tasted better than others but I think they would just be grateful to have food! Plus they were probably adapted to going for longer periods of not eating than what people are today
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #71
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #72
hashashin
Be Seeing You

Quote:
you're the one who said they traded. you're the one that said they had a commodity to trade with. i'm asking you.
Quote:
giving how hard it is to hunt a buffalo, and with the added danger involved, what could a next man offer you in exchange for a bit of that juicy buffalo?
Well I never claimed to be an expert, I'm just suggesting possibilities. Maybe they did just kill and take what they want from other groups but I don't think its impossible to believe that people could have traded things back then, I'd have to look into it some more and know about how they lived etc as to what type of things would be commodity
Old 12-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #73
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

if one group was chasing a buffalo and the buffalo ran into another group's territory, does that mean the group that own that territory own the rights to that animal and take over from the first group?

Quote:
Maybe, but I really don't think it was anything like it is these days, remember how much people have developed since then. I think peoples tastes back then would have been a lot simpler back then

They probably did mind about going hungry, thats why I'm saying I dont think they would be arguing about what was on the table, Of course some things might have tasted better than others but I think they would just be grateful to have food! Plus they were probably adapted to going for longer periods of not eating than what people are today

people's tastes might have been simpler back then, they may have been able to go without food for longer periods but hunger is hunger. they would have eaten whatever they managed to come home with but they were short most days, they would have resented the other groups that were better off. if they were losing out to the same group all the time, there would have been bitter resentment.

Decipher, son.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #74
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Quote:
Well I never claimed to be an expert, I'm just suggesting possibilities. Maybe they did just kill and take what they want from other groups but I don't think its impossible to believe that people could have traded things back then, I'd have to look into it some more and know about how they lived etc as to what type of things would be commodity

you do that.

Decipher, son.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #75
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Quote:

if their skills only allowed them to eat fruit and veg and perhaps rabbit. do you think they were happy to eat the same shit everyday? the same shit that doesn't really satisfy their hunger (say they had a big clan to feed).

if they'd been trying to catch a buffalo for years, and year in year out they lose to the next group, it wouldn't matter at all they would just be happy they tried?

Decipher, son.

Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 12-04-2012 at 01:07 PM.