news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
money4life
SLIMEY SAVAGE

money4life shaolin monk

I know Life is good wasn't all that but GKMC is way over-hyped. It's a weak album and yes Kendrick aint saying nothing on the album. Not everyone can make a quotable verse.

The last man standing, after the internet is abandoned
James Cameron with a gamma ray cannon.

Last edited by money4life; 12-18-2012 at 09:44 AM.
money4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by money4life View Post
So monotonous and he aint really saying nothing. His verses are not memorable. No quotable verses.... Can anyone quote a verse on the album that makes you go damn
maad city is best album of 2012

sing about me... whole song is a quoteable

Last edited by Uncle Steezo; 12-18-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #18
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

Sorry but this is the best album of the year. Kendrick kills it on every song and even Jay Rock surprised me on Money Trees.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #19
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

AOTY for me too.

White people music? I've seen about 20 artists perform live these last 3 years, and without a doubt KL had the biggest black audience. So what the fuck you talking about?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

So far the most cohesive album of 2012. Best replay value. Overall great album. Top 3 of 2012...
Old 12-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #21
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

it was an ok album.

John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

I hated on it first few listens but it has grown on me immensely...its like a west coast outkast album.....
Old 12-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #23
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

been steady listening to it beginning to end since it first came out

album is perfect, Jay Rock fucking killed it in Money Trees. that might be track of the year for me. at first it wasnt my favorite song, but listening to it more and more, it got better and better

Mcthuggin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #24
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ANYONE WHO SLEPT ON KENDRICK IS A FAGGiT

2nD BEST ALBUM OF THE YR POSSIBLY TIED WIT MIC TYSON

NUMBER 1 IS THE URBAN CLASSIC RELOADED

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #25
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

creepy fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #26
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
creepy fans
Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #27
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO AKA HEAT View Post
ANYONE WHO SLEPT ON KENDRICK IS A FAGGiT

2nD BEST ALBUM OF THE YR POSSIBLY TIED WIT MIC TYSON

NUMBER 1 IS THE URBAN CLASSIC RELOADED
If all these albums are classics to you, what kind of albums are 36 Chambers and Illmatic.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #28
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i actually liked it quite a lot, there's some fantastic concepts on here and very well executed as a sort of audiobiography. i really dig how Lamar is jumping back and forth from different character's POV (sometimes different parts of himself, sometimes other people like in "Sing About Me") and switching up his voice and flow as it goes.. he's very talented for sure.

the beats go from slamming to mediocre though. some tracks really grabs you from jump and works perfectly with the themes, such as "Art of Peer Pressure", "Dying of Thirst", "Compton", "GOOD KIDD", "Madd City", etc.) but i don't fuck with "Sherane" and "Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe" for example.

all in all i think it's a good debut album, well executed and original. definitely one of the most interesting West Coast debuts in the last few years, but had he invited a few A-list producers (beside Just Blaze) the album could have been much better.

3.5 / 5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #29
money4life
SLIMEY SAVAGE

money4life shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
If all these albums are classics to you, what kind of albums are 36 Chambers and Illmatic.
Every album is a classic to them. We still listen to albums like 36 chamber, Illmatic, Moment of truth etc 10 yrs later. Let me know if you'll be listening to GKMC album a decade from now. Infact lets see if the album would still be relevant by next year summer. The album wasnt thrash but as i said earlier its a mediocre album. Nothing to get excited about.

Last edited by money4life; 12-19-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #30
money4life
SLIMEY SAVAGE

money4life shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
maad city is best album of 2012

sing about me... whole song is a quoteable
I asked for a quotable phrase and dude tells me the whole song "sing about me" is quotable LOL.. That explains it all. How come he sound so much like devin the dude on the hook to this song.

Im trying to figure out who has the most annoying voice. Kendrick Lamar or Meek Mills

Last edited by money4life; 12-19-2012 at 09:57 AM.