news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: Favorite Second Wave Wu Solo?
Tical 2000 8 13.56%
Bobby Digital In Stereo 10 16.95%
The Pillage 15 25.42%
Blackout! 3 5.08%
Beneath The Surface 12 20.34%
Nigga Please 4 6.78%
Golden Arms Redemption 1 1.69%
Immobilarity 1 1.69%
Uncontrolled Substance 5 8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #31
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

man Supreme Clientele really is above and beyond all those. no wonder the Wu name started to decline a bit during that time. I'm going with Immobilarity because of the lyrics. it's an underrated record
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #32
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

i didn't realize the Pillage was so loved here. What do you guys think the best song on that album is, lyrically?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #33
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
It's cool that y'all dig that album, but can you further explain why you chose that album over others? That's what makes this thread interesting y'know! lol
Ok I'll explain why I love beneath the surface...it's like this..liquid swords was a gritty classic album on vintage wu esque beats..the playing field was built in a way that Gza would come out on top no matter what, it's one of those albums u hear and u think to yourself..can't he top that..can he keep me Interested after this? Then came BTS which is actually the total opposite of liquid swords sound wise..it's more crisp with more modern quality and a different lane from what u were used to hearing from Gza and he executed the album with might, the album was well done..skits, features, the length..not too long..not too short...every track carried bars and flows u could repeat for days and not get tired, the arrangement of the album was in a way where it got better with the listen, it was the perfect mordern wutang album but MOST IMPORTANTLY, GZA threw in that track mic tripping...a track I played so much I prolly was rapping it in my sleep..easily one of the greatest tracks ever recorded to me...flow...lyrics,beat..science..all impeccable

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #34
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
you honestly think that album is the best of the bunch?

i went with the pillage.
No, but I do feel it deserves a mention. That's Raekwon at his best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
Ok I'll explain why I love beneath the surface...it's like this..liquid swords was a gritty classic album on vintage wu esque beats..the playing field was built in a way that Gza would come out on top no matter what, it's one of those albums u hear and u think to yourself..can't he top that..can he keep me Interested after this? Then came BTS which is actually the total opposite of liquid swords sound wise..it's more crisp with more modern quality and a different lane from what u were used to hearing from Gza and he executed the album with might, the album was well done..skits, features, the length..not too long..not too short...every track carried bars and flows u could repeat for days and not get tired, the arrangement of the album was in a way where it got better with the listen, it was the perfect mordern wutang album but MOST IMPORTANTLY, GZA threw in that track mic tripping...a track I played so much I prolly was rapping it in my sleep..easily one of the greatest tracks ever recorded to me...flow...lyrics,beat..science..all impeccable
Couldn't agree more. Beneath The Surface is also my favorite if we are not including Supreme Clientele and even if we did I think Supreme Clientele is a bit better than Beneath The Surface. GZA improved his lyrics and flow on Beneath The Surface and he got even better on Legend of LS.

I just remember listening to Amplified Sample & Beneath The Surface a lot and also his verse on Hip Hop Fury stuck in my head:
I laid the first verse and quenched a dry ass niggas thirst, who drank my wisdom up like water, till his stomach burst
Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #35
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

all those albums are great. it bothers man when people say there was a decline in material. shits redundant

no its not the bitter cold albums of the early 90s but like Grave pointed out they reached a more modern sound with those albums. all of em are well executed, sure some have flaws but what albums dont?

you can nitpick all day but in the end its still a lot of great music to listen too. so i didint vote cause i enjoy all those albums for different reasons.

but why has no one mentioned Nigga Please? that shit got some of Dirtys best material imo

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #36
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

Tical 2000 without the skits
Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #37
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
all those albums are great. it bothers man when people say there was a decline in material. shits redundant

no its not the bitter cold albums of the early 90s but like Grave pointed out they reached a more modern sound with those albums. all of em are well executed, sure some have flaws but what albums dont?

you can nitpick all day but in the end its still a lot of great music to listen too. so i didint vote cause i enjoy all those albums for different reasons.

but why has no one mentioned Nigga Please? that shit got some of Dirtys best material imo
Hmm...you're a fan of Nigga Please eh? What are your favorite tracks from it? Least favorite?

Quote:
Great explanation! Now I'm gonna have to go listen to it, haha! What did you think of Legend of LS btw? I almost think GZA was at the top of his game on Legend.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #38
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

Don't sleep on Nigga Please...
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #39
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

Quote:
i didn't realize the Pillage was so loved here. What do you guys think the best song on that album is, lyrically?
Run
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #40
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Universo View Post
Don't sleep on Nigga Please...
im not. it got my vote.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #41
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Hmm...you're a fan of Nigga Please eh? What are your favorite tracks from it? Least favorite?

Great explanation! Now I'm gonna have to go listen to it, haha! What did you think of Legend of LS btw? I almost think GZA was at the top of his game on Legend.
I feel like legend of the liquid sword is pretty much a continuation of beneath the surface, the same style of sound and theme, only reason why I prefer bts over it is because it LTS to me is a clone of BTS so the original always holds more water.

My 2nd fav would be in stereo...I'll always say it..this album proved RZA was multi dimensional production wise, he actually stepped out of his comfort zone and the experimentation was a thrill to listen to, it's pretty much the album that confirms that an updated wu sound can still be thorough done right

Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #42
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Golden Arms Redemption

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #43
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
My 2nd fav would be in stereo...I'll always say it..this album proved RZA was multi dimensional production wise, he actually stepped out of his comfort zone and the experimentation was a thrill to listen to, it's pretty much the album that confirms that an updated wu sound can still be thorough done right
to me i dont think RZA stepped out of his comfort zone cuz the production on Digi was pretty much in the style of Forever. im sure while he was making Forever he set aside some beats for In Stereo as it dropped a little over a year after the quadriple platinum selling wu's sophomore LP dropped. production on Digi to me was like a continuation of Forever but more modernized overall improvement on sound quality
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #44
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

U have a point there...I meant tho ,in terms of assembling beats from scratch, he stepped outta his comfort zone somewhat

Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #45
tekunique
SupaSelekta

Quote:
U have a point there...I meant tho ,in terms of assembling beats from scratch, he stepped outta his comfort zone somewhat
oh yeah def. cuz since it was his own album he had more freedom to do what he wanted.. keep in mind tho, RZA had plenty of no-sample from scratch beats previously.... one banger comes to mind "Killa Hills 10304" so we knew he was more than capable of doing this.

"Mantis" is my fucking joint on In Stereo. the "verse-hook" by Tekitha is so gutter...