news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 05-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Ghost Face Killah Beer?? What the...??

I'm sure Ghost has nothing to do with this, but...

Twisted Pine to brew beer with ghost peppers -- the hottest chiles in the world

​The annual Snowmass Chili Pepper Brew Fest in June attracts some of the best chili cooks in the state to an International Chili Society-sanctioned cook-off. It also attracts beer geeks looking to sample some of the best brews made in Colorado.

So you would think that Twisted Pine Brewing Company's Billy's Chilies beer, which combines the best of both of those worlds, would have been cheered.

Instead, says Twisted Pine spokesman Mike Burns, people wanted more. "The reaction from the crowd there was, 'Don't you have anything hotter?'"

Be careful what you wish for, chiliheads!

Earlier this month, a brewer at Boulder's Twisted Pine bought some dry ghost chilies - you know, the hottest peppers in the world -- from the Savory Spice Shop location in Boulder and, presumably after some drinking, dropped a couple of them in a sampling of Twisted Pine beers and let the beers chill in the refrigerator overnight.

Ghost peppers, or Bhut Jolokia, are grown in India and have a Scoville rating (the Scoville scale measures the hotness of a pepper) of 1,041,427 units, making them 200 times hotter than a jalapeno. They are so hot that the Indian army, according to an AP story this week, is looking at ways to include their seeds in smoke grenades that could be against rioters or to flush out terrorists in confined spaces.

Or they could just put them in beer.

"Even sixteen hours later, it was crazy how much heat they picked up," Burns says of the poor innocent ales that Twisted Pine experimented with. " Once you get over the heat, though, it has a nice smokiness to and it has more than one kind of heat. It goes down the back of your throat."

Over the next few weeks, the brewers at Twisted Pine are going to work on brewing a "well balanced" beer made with the ghost peppers that should be ready in time for this year's Snowmass Chili Pepper Brew Fest. The working name: Ghost Face Killah, although that hasn't been set in stone yet, Burns add.

You'll want to try it, or the terrorists win.

Snowmass Chili Pepper & Brew Fest

Kick off Your Summer with Cold Microbrews, Hot Chili and Killer Music!
SNOWMASS VILLAGE, Colo., May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Kick off the summer at the Snowmass Chili Pepper & Brew Fest Friday and Saturday, June 4 and 5 in Snowmass Village, Colorado. If you love chili, microbrew beer and great music, then the 7th Annual Snowmass Chili Pepper & Brew Fest is the place to be with tons of chili tastings, over 100 microbrew samplings along with a two-day music party.
The Snowmass Chili Pepper & Brew Fest will have over 100 varieties of microbrews ranging from a Ghostface Killah, Skinny Dip Pale Ale, Beehive Honey Wheat to a Black Butte Porter. There will be two brew sampling sessions for festival goers featuring 50 plus breweries and a European and exotic beer tasting tent.
Top microbreweries from all over the country are invited to compete for various honors in the Best Summer Ale Brew Fest 2010. Not a professional brewer? No worries. Home-brewers are encouraged to be part of the Homebrew Competition on Friday which features a professionally judged competition for participating brewers to showcase their seasonal summer brews while festival-goers savor the spirited results. The main events are the Seasonal Brews Samplings on Friday and the Grand Beer Tastings on Saturday, creating high energy as brews flow freely while popular headliners rock the stage.
Chili is serious business to the chili cooks coming nationwide serving up their homemade chili ranging from mild, medium, to hot trying to win a spot in the International Chili Society's 2010 World Chili & Salsa Championship and competing for over $3,000 in prize money. Judged chili categories include the traditional chili red, chili Verde and salsa. All competition chili must be cooked on site within a three hour time limit and are judged on taste, how the flavors blend, consistency, aroma, color and of course…the bite.
Music headliners include George Clinton and Parliament-Funkadelic who perform on Saturday night at 7:30 p.m., along with The Wailers, who play at 5:00 p.m. On Friday night The Kyle Hollingsworth Band featuring Michael Kang, will take the stage at 5:30 p.m. and open for up and coming folk/pop singer/songwriter Brett Dennen, who plays at 8:30 p.m.
Kyle Hollingsworth, a String Cheese Incident original member, is also a beer enthusiast and brewer in his own right. Hollingsworth is holding a special meet and greet brewing event at the Chili Pepper & Brew Fest allowing fans to meet him in person and sample some of his microbrew, Hoppingsworth IPA.
This year's fest will bring back the popular Champion Tasting Pass, combining chili and beer tasting, along with Skyy Vodka and Cabo Tequila tastings. Advanced ticket sales continue through Thursday, June 3. For more information on the Snowmass Chili Pepper & Brew Fest, go to www.snowmasschiliandbrew.com. For more information on lodging and ticket packages call 1800SNOWMASS or go to www.snowmasstourism.com.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 AM   #2
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"So what beer are you gonna order?"
"Hm, I'm in the mood for something exotic... OK, I'll have me a large Ghostface."
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

I have a bottle in my cupboard. Grabbed it at the liquor store a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^Nice, I wanna try it, sound badass!

- KP -
Old 02-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Hopefully when I finally drink it, I wont turn into a flaming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Make sure you check Ghostface hasn't slipped any rohypnol in it first

- KP -