news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #31
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Call it what you will, but Vordul's music has had a great impact on my life. I can identify with a lot of what he talks about, he's also genuinely humble which is rare in Hip Hop. Most have an artist that they favor over others, mine just happens to be Vordul. It's all personal preference. I have crazy respect for his focus on making good music and not pretending like he isn't a regular person. He seems to have overcome his demons in the last couple of years, it's dope he's back in the lab and touring. Those tracks I posted above are some of the best verses I've heard from him in years.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #32
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Gun Funk View Post
Vast can't have a low IQ if hes able to write like that. I think hes just an ass in real life. Hip Hops Chevy Chase.
Vast always came off like one of them dudes who could do calculus with ease yet still have a hard time figuring out how to tie his shoes.
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #33
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Update from Vast Aire:

THE NEW CANNIBAL OX LP AND LABEL IGC!!!!!!!
Update #6 Mar. 02, 2013

Respect and Love to all OUR REAL FANS THAT HAVE FUNDED THIS MOVEMENT! As you all know. The project must reach it's goal in order for the packages to follow through. In the event that we dont reach out 30,000 goal, we IGC wanted ALL BACKERS TO RE-BACK us at end of the month when we restart the KICKSTARTER. The reality is if we dont reach our goal none of the money will be available to label. But there is a silver line in every grey cloud!

At the end of this Kickstarter, IGC will restart a new one with a lower goal that matches the number of backers we have on March 22nd! ALL BACKERS THAT FUND MORE THAN 24$ TO LABEL WILL GET SIGNED CD FROM LABEL! THIS IS A LABEL FUND NOT A MERCH STORE. WE ARE LOSING MONEY TO SEND ALL THIS OUT TO YOU...BUT WE LOVE YOU ALL! DONATE 50$ AND GET BUTTON PACK, T-SHIRT AND CD, OR $100 AND GET BUTTON PACK, CD, T-SHIRT, HOODY AND FREE IGC / CANNIBAL OX SHOW! THE LP WONT BE OUT UNTIL EARLY 2014, BUT WE WILL BE DROPPING ANOTHER SINGLE IN FALL! AND OUR "GOTHAM" SINGLE DROPS IN FEW WEEKS SPRING OF 2013!

SO TELL REAL HIP HOP FANS TO BACK THIS PROJECT! WE WILL RESET THE GOAL SO IT CAN BE MET, AND EVERY BACKER WILL BE NOTED IN CREDITS! THOSE WHO BACK US WITH MORE THAN $500 WILL BE ABLE TO HANG WITH US IN NYC AT OUR STUDIO!! MORE THAN $1000 WILL BECOME A EXECUTIVE PRODUCER IN OUR CREDITS! ALL THE PACKAGES COMBINED AS YOU PAY MORE TO LABEL!

PRODUCTION ON NEW CAN OX LP

MELODIOUS MONK, BILL COSMIQ, AYATOLLAH AND MANY MORE! WE ARE STILL IN EARLY STAGES OF PRODUCTION! WE PLANED TO GET MADLIB, BLACK MILK, BLOCKHEAD AND OTHERS!

NEW CANNIBAL OX SINGLE "GOTHAM" (OX CITY)

The new Maxi single will drop within a month, produced by Bill Cosmiq of IGC (CRIMSON GODZ) it will have 3 songs, THE A SIDE IS "GOTHAM" THE B SIDE IS "GASES IN HELL"AND THE C SIDE IS "PSALMS 82" CANNIBAL OX IS BACK... THE FIRE RISES!

CANNIBAL OX ART CONTEST 1ST PLACE WINNER

DJOB NKONDO JONATHAN OF PARIS, FRANCE! STAY TUNED NEXT UPDATE WE WILL SHOW THE NEW SINGLE COVER!

RESPECT LOVE AND LIGHT! WE SHALL REACH OUR GOAL!

Last edited by Young Gun; 03-04-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #34
REANIMATED
Veteran Member

REANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venoms

again LOL @ starting a label with NO money

LOL @ expecting the FANS to fund your own label

LOL @ all this activity trying to get $ of all sudden when the LP isnt coming out til 2014

in other words lets see if we can scam whatever fans we have left outta some money and if in some rare event we get enough to start a label well give them a piece of shit album

that press release is why i think vast aire is some type of savant... i see vast aire falling asleep on the toilet... forgetting his address, phone number... hes good at saying crazy shit over beats but hes dealing with some sort of advanced autism...

young gun you should ask vast how much money hes recieved so far... im sure its a depressing number but theres no quit in the man

even if this album does come out ill have a sick feeling listening to it knowing fat ass vast and strung out vordul had to beg fans for $ to get it out

this idiot should not be trying to run a record label...

make a GREAT cannibal ox album... and then shop the album around... someone will give you money to put it out cuz theres no shortage of nut eating vegan fruit bags that think they can make money putting out underground rap records
REANIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #35
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

If the music is quality, I'll be satisfied. I agree Vast Aire should not be the head of a label, but Cannibal Ox make good music, and there's a lot of mindless bullshit in Hip Hop. This album most likely won't be Cold Vein status, but all can be determined when the singles drop in a few weeks.

Last edited by Young Gun; 03-04-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #36
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

The cover art for "Gotham" has been released.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #37
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Gotham, the fictional city from Batman?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #38
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Gotham, the fictional city from Batman?
Apparently so. It'll be interesting no doubt.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #39
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

It will definitely be interesting and it will also crush the competition. This and Deltron 3030's next album will entertain me for a long time. I don't understand the criticism. Vordul Mega and Vast Aire are both extremely consistent. All their stuff since Cold Vein up until now is underrated, no one checks it out because it's not CanOx. Vordul improved his lyrics and is at least twice as lyrical as back then. If El-P produced this I wouldn't even like it anymore, since I don't digg his latest work. I'm glad other producers are working on it, is there any info on that?
Old 03-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #40
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
It will definitely be interesting and it will also crush the competition. This and Deltron 3030's next album will entertain me for a long time. I don't understand the criticism. Vordul Mega and Vast Aire are both extremely consistent. All their stuff since Cold Vein up until now is underrated, no one checks it out because it's not CanOx. Vordul improved his lyrics and is at least twice as lyrical as back then. If El-P produced this I wouldn't even like it anymore, since I don't digg his latest work. I'm glad other producers are working on it, is there any info on that?
Thank you. Someone else understands where I'm coming from. Cannibal Ox have a sense of what good music is, and put effort into their work. El-P strikes me as being a control freak asshole, and that attitude ran his label into the ground; now he's collaborating with Killer Mike and attempting to stay relevant.

According to an interview with NE Hip Hop, they're working with the producer Bill Cosmiq, and are trying to work with Madlib, Melodious Monk, and others. I'm really interested to see how Cannibal Ox have evolved with this maxi single.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #41
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

CannibalOx on a Madlib beat

Let this happen
Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #42
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
CannibalOx on a Madlib beat

Let this happen

Haha! I'd have no doubt it'd be a great record. I'm interested in those two other tracks featured on the Gotham maxi as well. Based on the titles, they seems to be branching topic wise.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #43
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Call it what you will, but Vordul's music has had a great impact on my life..
CUZ YOUR POOR JUST LIKE HiM

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #44
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Vast Aire already had a beat by MadLib, for those who forgot. I'd love to hear CanOx on a Pete Rock beat again, that was fire..
Old 03-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #45
REANIMATED
Veteran Member

REANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venoms

worried about young gun...

he seems to really idolize these loser underground rappers who suck at life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

young gun how much money have you donated!?!?!?!?!?!?!

vast is buying freezer food with your contribution... thanks for helping real hip hop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as you can tell by the views on the first vid the whole world is waiting for cannibal ox to reunite...

2014 it happens (if they get enough money from the fans)
REANIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote