news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Dr. Dre - The Chronic
5 Mics (Classic) 49 70.00%
4 Mics 10 14.29%
3 Mics 8 11.43%
2 Mics 0 0%
1 Mic (Terrible) 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #46
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Its top ten if not 5 of all time
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #47
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Looking back... Eminem's verses had no place on this album. Everyone else stuck to the typical west coast theme, and he was talking about mucus, hot water and fucking Charleston chews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
You'll cowards dont even drink cock liquor.
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #48
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
Looking back... Eminem's verses had no place on this album. Everyone else stuck to the typical west coast theme, and he was talking about mucus, hot water and fucking Charleston chews?
this about the original I think but I agree with you
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #49
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Whoops didnt read thread title

I skimmed through and saw 2001 mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
You'll cowards dont even drink cock liquor.
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #50
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
You think the lyrics on The Chronic are weak? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
You think the lyrics on The Chronic are STRONG?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #51
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

the chronic lyrics are classic. whats weak about them?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #52
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Charles you are a idiot if you think The Chronic got the classic status because of the lyrics. The lyrics are average.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #53
ShaDynasty

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Charles you are a idiot if you think The Chronic got the classic status because of the lyrics. The lyrics are average.
back on the ignore list
Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #54
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Thank you. What makes the Chronic classic is the smooth delivery from Mr. SN-Double O-P and of course, more importantly, Dre's (at the time) completely unique and innovative production.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:28 AM   #55
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

5 mics, easily. Anyone who rates The Chronic less than 4 mics is a dumb cunt

I don't think 2001 was a better album but I think that the production might be better on 2001 than on The Chronic, but 2001 was too long and becomes skipable after 13 songs. Some individual songs on 2001 are better than a lot of The Chronic, but The Chronic is a way better album. I rarely listen to 2001 in full but I always listen to The Chronic from start to finish

The features on The Chronic were better than on 2001 as well.

Doggystyle is Dr Dre's best produced album though
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #56
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

ShaDynasty finally agrees with me about something LOL. The Hound, I think Dr Dre's best production was The Chronic. Every beat on that album is hard. Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle album is overrated. I don't listen to it often. He has a few songs on there I like and it's his best album. It's really a shame he's made so many shitty albums LOL.

Quote:
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Quote:
Eagle Eye, fuck you for saying I write like a kid. How do you explain that? I write better than your punk ass.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #57
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I was listening to The Chronic last night, I love the outro with the Parliament interpolation "Make my bud the chronic, I wants to get fucked up" haha the skits and video clips dissing Eazy were funny too "youse a penguin morherfucker" haha

Yeah snoops albums suck dick after Doggystyle lol Doggystyle isn't overrated c'mon man what tracks don't you like? It had some hard tracks too, the Bernard Wright sample on Gz and Hustlaz was hard as fuck.

Did you ever read Chris Rock's best 25 hip hop albums? His list kinda sucks but he said Doggystyle was better than a The Chronic because he can't drive around singing "Eazy E can eat a big fat dick" lol

Do you like Above The Law?
Quote:

Last edited by The Hound; 10-29-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #58
5th state
N.I.

5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5th state Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
ShaDynasty finally agrees with me about something LOL. The Hound, I think Dr Dre's best production was The Chronic. Every beat on that album is hard. Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle album is overrated. I don't listen to it often. He has a few songs on there I like and it's his best album. It's really a shame he's made so many shitty albums LOL.
Tha Last Meal was dope front to back, except perhaps for one song (that No Limit style 'Back up off me' track with Master P & Magic) that doesn't fit in with the overall sound. That album was straight up G funk, not in the least thanks to Kokane's many choruses.

Also, 'Tha Doggfather' had a nice retro feel to its beats. The lyrics were mostly ass though. 'Paid tha cost to be tha boss' was a solid album too. Most of his recent albums are pretty bad. Basically, Snoop ran out of interesting things to say right after his first album...

Back on the original topic, 'Tha Chronic' is a bonafied classic. 5 stars. Of course the lyrics are gangsta rap, but of a very high standard. This is among the cream of the cream of gangsta rap. And of course the beats are ace. I also like the fact that the album comes off as an organic group effort.

Last edited by 5th state; 10-29-2014 at 06:29 PM.
5th state is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #59
The Hound
Fuck the King

I'm one of the few on here who like Doggfather lol it wasn't great but it's still his second best IMO whether that means anything is up for debate lol
Quote:
Old 10-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #60
ShaDynasty

Yeah Tha Last Meal was dope. I'd throw No Limit Top Dogg and The Blue Carpet Treatment in there as dope snoop albums too.