news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #31
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
yes and that was my opinion. a pretty accurate one considering those aren't even hip hop albums

Top 10 albums that all Hip Hop Heads should own

not top 10 Hip Hop Albums
Old 03-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #32
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post

i still dont get it.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #33
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

i dont agree with this thread title. why should i own anything you tell me to buy? and i own most of these albums, i'm just saying.

what this thread promotes seems like the same mentality that idiots with a level of status and have a bookcase full of books they never read have.

this site frustrates me sometimes, why are we obsessed with ranking music and critiquing it rather than enjoying it?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #34
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

not exclusively HipHop albums

just albums

the OP might have had Just Hip Hop albums in mind but didn't write out the thread title like that -

i suggest Hip Hop heads get acquainted with Hip Hops Parents
Old 03-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #35
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

boredom?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Gun Funk View Post

this site frustrates me sometimes, why are we obsessed with ranking music and critiquing it rather than enjoying it?

in HipHop, competition is almost a life or death situation for very good reasons
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #37
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
boredom?

is this a personal question that has nothing to do with HipHop and Music ?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #38
Paranoid
-

i was answering the machine gun funk question with a question
Old 03-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #39
Pestilence
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Pestilence crouching tigerPestilence crouching tiger

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Okay, so we all know those albums that we think that ONLY real hip hop heads can appreciate.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #40
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Well, i just listed my favourite hip hop albums - but if i'm abiding by the thread rules every album would be non hip hop. Listening to one genre of music gives you no perspective on music generally and limits your appreciation of maturation and change within that genre.

The staid attitude to hip hop of it's fans is pretty annoying and pretty much indicates only listening to 90s boom bap with a few oddities like MF DOOM thrown in ie. my list.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #41
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
yes and that was my opinion. a pretty accurate one considering those aren't even hip hop albums
And where in the title does it say Hip Hop Albums?

Its states 10 albums that all hip hop heads should own.

In my opinion you misunderstood the topic.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #42
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
not exclusively HipHop albums

just albums

the OP might have had Just Hip Hop albums in mind but didn't write out the thread title like that -

i suggest Hip Hop heads get acquainted with Hip Hops Parents
Touche!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #43
Paranoid
-

Id be pretty pissed if I took your advise and spent my money on a Nu-metal album after asking you what I should buy with a hip hop perspective. btw is that post count for real?
Old 03-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #44
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
dude knows what's up ^

one question though - why step in the arena and not hard to earn ?
Thanks man. Step In The Arena to me is the Gang Starr sound. I should also mention Daily Operation cause the styles were similar. Hard To Earn & Moment Of Truth are classics, but I think MOT is a little bit overrated. People calling me faggot because I don't think that's the best album even though Premier himself said in an interview that Step In The Arena was his and Guru's favorite album. The reason why I think Step In The Arena is their best is because Premier didn't have a formula for his beats, he was experimenting and the same with Guru bragging about how good he was compared to the competition. It was the perfect combination. SITA is slightly better than DO in my opinion. I think Hard To Earn is better than Moment Of Truth. They have a really amazing discography.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #45
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
boredom?
i guess its a distraction. i tried to come up with a list now and its too hard.

so this is a list of albums that changed my life the most, had a profound effect on me, probably:

aquemini
6 feet deep
ready to die
bastard
funcrusher plus
miss e, so addictive
college dropout
marshall mathers lp
wolf in sheeps clothing
black bastards

this is probably not my top ten favorite albums, but these albums blew my mind and changed my life in certain ways.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote