news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #46
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
Well, i just listed my favourite hip hop albums - but if i'm abiding by the thread rules every album would be non hip hop. Listening to one genre of music gives you no perspective on music generally and limits your appreciation of maturation and change within that genre.

The staid attitude to hip hop of it's fans is pretty annoying and pretty much indicates only listening to 90s boom bap with a few oddities like MF DOOM thrown in ie. my list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Thanks man. Step In The Arena to me is the Gang Starr sound. I should also mention Daily Operation cause the styles were similar. Hard To Earn & Moment Of Truth are classics, but I think MOT is a little bit overrated. People calling me faggot because I don't think that's the best album even though Premier himself said in an interview that Step In The Arena was his and Guru's favorite album. The reason why I think Step In The Arena is their best is because Premier didn't have a formula for his beats, he was experimenting and the same with Guru bragging about how good he was compared to the competition. It was the perfect combination. SITA is slightly better than DO in my opinion. I think Hard To Earn is better than Moment Of Truth. They have a really amazing discography.

understood

did you hear the Jeru Albums though ?
Old 03-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #47
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

If you are talking about the first 2 albums produced by Premier, yes. I listened to Jeru's stuff after that, but didn't really like it. His first 2 are classics. I personally think Wrath Of The Math is a little bit underrated, it's almost as good as Sun Rises In The East. Premier had some lowkey beats on there.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #48
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Lol
I can't see no one not liking those

Strong work though
Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #49
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

i thought heros4hire was a good offering
Old 03-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #50
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

I don't think Jeru ever dropped a wack album. I was comparing it with his first 2 records. You are right about Heroz4hire, it's a good album. I really disliked the production on DD, but Jeru was on point. I liked the FMA influence on his latest album. I do believe nothing comes close to his first two records, those are by far his best records.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #51
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
i still dont get it.
just fuck off faggit.

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #52
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
just fuck off faggit.
No. That was some good food for thought though.

I like this tune

Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #53
Paranoid
Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
I do believe nothing comes close to his first two records, those are by far his best records.
i believe as well
Old 03-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #54
Paranoid
Venom

and if i could just go ahead and squeeze one more post in here, id like to say that it makes sense to see non hip hop albums here that were influential to hip hop, i wasn't taking issue with that.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #55
Yuki
fat for the 90's

Yuki grasshopper

peep what i just found

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...be_influential
Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #56
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Gun Funk View Post
i dont agree with this thread title. why should i own anything you tell me to buy? and i own most of these albums, i'm just saying.

what this thread promotes seems like the same mentality that idiots with a level of status and have a bookcase full of books they never read have.

this site frustrates me sometimes, why are we obsessed with ranking music and critiquing it rather than enjoying it?
Well keep in mind it's all for fun, but I wanted to incite discussion on albums we thought were good enough that they SHOULD be required listening for fans of hip hop.

And if we just wanted to enjoy the music, we wouldn't need a discussion forum would we?

Good call on picking "A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing" though! That album gets overlooked WAY too much. It's almost like they're the black sheep of the Native Tongues movement. (pun intended )

Last edited by KJR; 03-07-2013 at 07:34 AM.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #57
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
Redman - Dare Iz a Darkside
Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal
Vordul Mega - Revolution of Yung Havoks
Kool Keith (Mr. Nogatco) - Nogatco Rd.
Nas - It Was Written
House of Pain - Same As It Ever Was
Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Forever
Mood - Doom
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus

Young Gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #58
Pestilence
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Pestilence crouching tigerPestilence crouching tiger

Just a random list of 10 albums that had an impact in some way. Could find a lot more.

Slick Rick - The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising
Souls of Mischief - 93 'til Infinity
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Binary Star - Masters of the Universe
Cannibal Ox - Cold Vein
Ghostface Killah - Ironman
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother
O.C. - Word...Life
Jeru the Damaja - The Sun Rises in the East

Last edited by Pestilence; 03-07-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Pestilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #59
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
Redman - Dare Iz a Darkside
Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal
Vordul Mega - Revolution of Yung Havoks
Kool Keith (Mr. Nogatco) - Nogatco Rd.
Nas - It Was Written
House of Pain - Same As It Ever Was
Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Forever
Mood - Doom
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
Good list mate! That Redman joint is so overlooked! It's dark, eerie, atmospheric and interesting. You can definitely tell he was on mad amounts of drugs while making it.

What makes you choose IWW over any other Nas album though?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote