news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrob View Post
overated --heltah skeltah nocturnal
underated --da bush babees ambushed
how is Nocturnal an overrated album? Since when is it widely talked about and praised apart from by backpacker nerds?

I mean, your taste is horrible, considering it's obviously a classic and probably the best BCC related album - but calling it overrated is objectively stupid also.

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 03-03-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #17
D.projectile

D.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkey

overated-obfcl2
ilmatic

underrated -roots of evil
untitled
D.projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #18
ingenting

ingenting Village Idiot

Second Roots of Evil... lyrically it is one of the best albums I've heard and the beats are pretty solid Hell On Earth type cinematic mafia bangers.
ingenting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #19
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Overrated - Jay Z Reasonable Doubt
Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #20
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

^Hmm, I love RD personally. The production is timeless and Jay-Z was friggin hungry! I think Jay's most overrated is definitely the Black Album.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #21
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

Jay-Z's Blueprint is overrated. Lot of great tracks but I skip a few songs.

Three 6 Mafia's first album, Mystic Stylez, is very underrated. So is UGK's Dirty Money.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #22
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^yep, great album. Dirty Money also.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #23
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
Jay-Z's Blueprint is overrated. Lot of great tracks but I skip a few songs.

Three 6 Mafia's first album, Mystic Stylez, is very underrated. So is UGK's Dirty Money.
I'm curious, what songs do you skip?

I've been meaning to get Dirty Money. Is it actually near the level of "Ridin Dirty"? Is it as good as "UndergroundKingz"?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #24
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

DAS EfX's Hold It Down is definately underrated

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #25
KJR
Master Ninja

^Good call on that one.

I'd also say ATCQ's "Beats Rhymes and Life" is also pretty underrated. That was their darkest effort imo (on a lyrical level)
Old 03-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #26
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
I'm curious, what songs do you skip?

I've been meaning to get Dirty Money. Is it actually near the level of "Ridin Dirty"? Is it as good as "UndergroundKingz"?
Well first, I'll always be a bigger Nas fan. I got this when it came out, same with Illmatic, this was when they were throwin shots at eachother so there's that. I remember people arguing who was better for the longest time. Jigga that Nigga and Hola Hovito were the main ones I skipped. Just didn't like them. I know it'll sound biased but I didn't like Takeover either. Didn't feel the beat and the parts goin 'LAAMMMMEEE' were pretty weak to me. Renegade is only good for Eminem's part. Even Royce da 5'9 out did Jay on the original version. Not a classic at all or crazy good like people say it is, he's had better albums.

Dirty Money is the shit all the way through. I think this and Ridin Dirty are their best two cd's. It's underrated to me because It's 5 years after Ridin Dirty, no one really checked for it and it's a hard hitting album nonstop. They got some reggae soundin shit with Gipp from Goodie Mob, storytellin' with Devin the Dude, Like a Pimp with Three 6 got some cool lil scratches, the ups and downs of cash flow on the title track and let's not forget Wood Wheel. Probably my favorite track by UGK period.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #27
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
Well first, I'll always be a bigger Nas fan. I got this when it came out, same with Illmatic, this was when they were throwin shots at eachother so there's that. I remember people arguing who was better for the longest time. Jigga that Nigga and Hola Hovito were the main ones I skipped. Just didn't like them. I know it'll sound biased but I didn't like Takeover either. Didn't feel the beat and the parts goin 'LAAMMMMEEE' were pretty weak to me. Renegade is only good for Eminem's part. Even Royce da 5'9 out did Jay on the original version. Not a classic at all or crazy good like people say it is, he's had better albums.

Dirty Money is the shit all the way through. I think this and Ridin Dirty are their best two cd's. It's underrated to me because It's 5 years after Ridin Dirty, no one really checked for it and it's a hard hitting album nonstop. They got some reggae soundin shit with Gipp from Goodie Mob, storytellin' with Devin the Dude, Like a Pimp with Three 6 got some cool lil scratches, the ups and downs of cash flow on the title track and let's not forget Wood Wheel. Probably my favorite track by UGK period.
Fair enough bro, but I LOVE that Takeover beat. Sampling The Doors' "Five To One" was pure genius! It's hard hitting and aggressive like a diss track should be.

Cool, I'll definitely have to check out "Dirty Money" then.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #28
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

is there a difference between underrated and not recognised?
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #29
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
is there a difference between underrated and not recognised?
Not really.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #30
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

what if something doesnt get much attention but the people who do listen to it rate it very highly
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote