news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 AM   #1
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Ghostface Killah: “Let Me Make A Wu-Tang Album”

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/03/g...wu-tang-album/
Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #2
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Ghost will never stop bitching about 8 Diagrams. I thought RZA said he could do this if he had all the creative control in his hands with the Wu supporting him. I'm not expecting a Wu-Tang album anytime soon, but if it happens I hope it's handled with good care.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #3
V1LLAIN
ODDS AGAiNST TOMORROW

V1LLAIN drunken mastaV1LLAIN drunken masta

8 Diagrams, I couldn’t stand it ‘cause I know us, and then I know my man [RZA] even more,” he says. “I’m like, ‘Yo, how could you give our fucking people that?’ Now you had people that said, ‘Oh no, I liked it.’ That might be the ‘yes men’ niggas.

Ghost also said that he feels that the Wu needs to return to sampling in order to provide the best possible sound for the fans, something that RZA opposed with the last LP. While he maintains his love for his partner-in-rhyme, he says RZA may need to take a backseat role if it guarantees the album will meet its expectations.

This man speaks the honest TRUTH.

GOD BLESS GHOSTFACE.

Last edited by V1LLAIN; 03-22-2013 at 04:50 AM.
V1LLAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #4
silent_whistler_uk
myspace.com/iou7

silent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken masta

how many more Shaw brother flicks can they possibly sample?
silent_whistler_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Theres tons of kung fu movies they havent used yet.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
WuBizzie

WuBizzie drunken mastaWuBizzie drunken mastaWuBizzie drunken masta

When Ghost is talking about sampling he's talking about the old school soul and R&B Rza used to sample to make those ill tracks back in the days. Not the live instrumentation shit RZA been on lately.

Last edited by WuBizzie; 03-22-2013 at 07:54 AM.
WuBizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal son

They haven't used 90% of kung-fu movie yet

Ghost says correctly - he knows what Wu-Fans expect from Wu

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The best albums were executive produced by rza. you can look at ghost's catalog to see this.

i don't want a ghost produced album. keep rza on board. do what you guys did for your first 3 group albums. just show up for your studio session. don't be emailing verses. lock yourselves in the studio until it's complete. if everyone is together in the same spot, their is cohesiveness. yes rza will be making the final decisions, but with 8 other people there, rza can get feedback and come to a decision.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

"....The nigga that’s being consistent or – even though he taught me a lot of shit but it’s like is your shit still – the way y’all been making these cakes for the past 30 years. Entenmann’s. Are y’all still making those kind of cakes? Or Little Debbie’s is coming up blowin’. C’mon man, that’s not that crumb cake, nigga.”

rofl and of course hes 100% correct. nothing wrong with live instruments and synths in hip hop, but samples have always been the basis for wu-tangs best music, so go with that and build on it rather than try to make something that won't satisfy the clan or us fans.

I didn't think 8 Diagrams was bad either, its just that it plays like mood music more than some shit that gets you pumped. there needs to be more bangers with chunky ass samples and crazy weird noises.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #10
JEM
Wu-Veteran

JEM drunken mastaJEM drunken masta

Ghost has always been executive producing wutang albums with rza. i tuink the wu need to do thr unthinkable..drop a triple album. Leave one for RZA..one for Raekwon..and one for ghost. put all.the.killa bees.on it..especially killah priest
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
billo
OG-18* WAT

billo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal son
Default Ghostface Killah Admits He "Couldn't Stand" Wu-Tang Clan's "8 Diagrams"

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...-s-8-diagrams-
Old 03-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=121411
Old 03-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #13
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

he didnt do anything but drop 3 lazy verses for that album, so he didnt exactly go out of his way for it. RZA at least put in the time to put something together, Ghost was too busy whining about release dates

they need to just let that issue lie and move ahead, revisiting that time is not doing anyone any good
Old 03-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
phadde96
BETTE MIDLER

phadde96 grasshopper

He can still sample and chop and loop all he wants. Get soul mecca, el michaels or someone like that to play some improvised snippets in many genres and moods, then take that and sample it and loop it for a thousand years.
phadde96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
Galvatron97
Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Galvatron97 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
The best albums were executive produced by rza. you can look at ghost's catalog to see this.

i don't want a ghost produced album. keep rza on board. do what you guys did for your first 3 group albums. just show up for your studio session. don't be emailing verses. lock yourselves in the studio until it's complete. if everyone is together in the same spot, their is cohesiveness. yes rza will be making the final decisions, but with 8 other people there, rza can get feedback and come to a decision.
THIS.

If they just all got into the studio together like they used to, and made decisions as a group, the shit would be fire.....cause they would all be there brainstorming and shit.

If you got Ghost and Rae comin to the studio at 1, then Meth not comin till like 5, then Deck comin at 9pm, but oh wait, GZA is emailing his verses in, there is no cohesion and the shit sounds whack.....

When you askin RZA to be the point man, producer, sequencer, etc and cut and paste verses together without any other input the shit gonna sound all haphazard.

Get niggas into the studio, have them lay down each verse they got and battle to be on the track and compete like they used to. If your shit is garbage (ahem, GZA) then your ass ain't gettin on the track.

Galvatron97 is offline   Reply With Quote