news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: the pillage
classic 90 47.12%
banger 82 42.93%
average 14 7.33%
mediocre 2 1.05%
wack 3 1.57%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #106
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you can't break down a whole into parts and judge the whole album by the average of each individual track - IMO
so YES - according to WUCORP polls, more people found the ALBUMS of Bob Digi in Stereo and Pillage to be classic/ near classic than anything else.

but anyways - lmao!
i was hoping by now you'd realize that 'polls' don't really mean shit no matter where they came from. who the fuck cares about AMG?
but i guess its still a lost cause, and i guess the reason you cling to them so tightly is the hundreds of hours you've invested

so yes, pillage and stereo are classic, and there's nothing in the world you can do to prove me wrong
Old 05-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #107
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87558

I did this last year. I believe it shows an accurate view of the consensus view of all albums. Pro Tools and In Stereo both got a 4, and although The Pillage is not on there, I believe it would get a 4 as well.
no, that's not an accurate view of the consensus of the albums
and the Pillage is IN THIS THREAD, and its rated classic
Old 05-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #108
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I believe my way is more accurate, and I also believe that you just like hearing yourself talk. If you want to stick to your unrealistic opinions, that's fine. I'm just being real though. Those albums are very good albums, no doubt, but they are inherently flawed albums. To me a classic is perfection or near perfection. Neither of those albums are that. I have nothing else to say on the matter. Feel free to continue ranting, just know that nobody is listening.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #109
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

im just trying to bring some reality to the situation

i could say "im just being real, those albums are perfection or near perfection. protools is a weak album without a single banger on it"
and nothing is stopping that from being any more/ less correct than what you just said

your polls/ opinions don't mean shit brock - lose the ego and get real
or go ahead and stick to your unrealistic opinions/ logic

Quote:
To me a classic is perfection or near perfection. Neither of those albums are that.
thanks for your insightful opinion, but it still means nothing
Quote:
I believe my way is more accurate
i don't
Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #110
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

^^^^

I have to agree with mumm ra, The pillage as far as an overall package goes, is a certified classic !!!!!!, with the beats with the rhymes any d.j namsayin...In stereo im not sure about though.

peace be with you !
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #111
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

"and he DJ".....lol
but yeah, every beat is a banger, lyrics on point, and each tracks flows together well as they should
one of those albums you can listen to start to finish w/o a skip and get the whole experience
Old 05-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #112
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

^^^^

Agreed

peace be with you Mumm ra !!!!!!!

edit: I always thought meth said any d.j.... thanks for clearing that up !!!!!!

peace
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #113
skeem
85 %er

skeem shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelrehsu View Post
easily one of my fav wu cds, ppl who doubt cappa, hear this.

peace.
no doubt!
skeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #114
Socrates92
PRODIGAL SUN

Socrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken masta

Still listen to this a lot, I'd put this in my top 5 of Wu solos (above Ironman and SC)
Socrates92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #115
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

4/5 Superior... Tracks 14 and 15 are the only so-so tracks.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #116
David Daniel Davis
'

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

Fifteen years since the Pillage, still a certified classic.
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote