news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 03-26-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Best Album Closers/Closings

I'm talking about shit that really closes out an album well here. Not just a great song that happens to be at the end of an album. Doesn't have to be one song. Or two. Just whatever closes an album out. It might be one song or it might be a series of ten.

For me...

1. Doctor Jimmy/The Rock/Love Reign O'er Me (Quadrophenia-The Who)

Also...

Brain Damage/Eclipse (Dark Side of the Moon-Pink Floyd)
Medley, starting from 'You Never Give Me Your Money' (Abbey Road-The Beatles)
Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Old 03-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
daffy duck
Tsukuyomi

daffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal son

Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #6
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #7
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think the duo tracks of "By Starlight" and "Farewell & Goodnight" off Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness" album is one of the best closings of any album ever. I love it then fades out to the same gorgeous piano that started off the whole album. It really feels like you were just after been on a journey, and fuck all albums have ever done that for me.

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post
I think the duo tracks of "By Starlight" and "Farewell & Goodnight" off Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness" album is one of the best closings of any album ever. I love it then fades out to the same gorgeous piano that started off the whole album. It really feels like you were just after been on a journey, and fuck all albums have ever done that for me.
Totally agree, it's such a bittersweet ending. MCIS is my fav album of all time.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^100% agree, its my favorite album of all time as well.

I remember getting it bought for me when it came out in 95 when i was 10 years old. Listened to the tape so much both sides of each cassette are worn out. I used to listen to a few songs before going to school, play the whole album when i got home, and then listen to the songs after X.Y.U before going to sleep.

Such a mix of stadium rock, easy listening, almost extreme metal, heartfelt ballads, alt-pop, grunge everything rolled into one amazing album.

Ive since bought it on CD and ive had it 17 years and still listen to it

Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

^Haha, everyone's experience with MCIS seems to be similar. I got it when I was 14 and I credit it with making me realize the efficacy of music. MCIS had everything like you said. It still amazes me that the same album that has "Tales of a Scorched Earth" also has "Cupid De Locke". I loved all the lyrics to the albums and spent days just sitting with the album and reading the liner notes. The artwork is amazing too!

When you look at popular rock music around the time (95), no one was doing stuff like this album. This is like the pinnacle of 90's alt-rock and imo, it dwarfs every Radiohead album. The versatility and emotions displayed on MCIS are monumental to me. My fav song from it is probably "Thru the Eyes of Ruby", what's yours?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
Durag
RaizaBlade

Yeah i get ya, the versatility is something else on that album, who would think that a an absolute screamer like "X.Y.U" would be followed with something light and bouncy like "We Only Come Out At Night". I used to sit down with the cassette booklet and read along with lyrics everytime, been years since i have done that.

Very hard to pick a favorite, but i think its between "1979" (one of the all time great rock songs), "Where Boys Fear To thread" (theres so many great metal(ish) songs on the album, but the evil-sounding riff just does it for me), and while i know its a big proggy, i loved the soundscapes during the quiet parts of this song "Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans", it just sounded epic to me when i was younger. "Through The Eyes Of Ruby" is an amazing song as well, that grew on me over the years to also be one of my favorites.

If I was to pick a favorite Pumpkins song though, it could be "Rhinoceros" from Gish.

Have you seen this re-release of it?

http://www.discogs.com/Smashing-Pump...elease/4074322

Theres a 4xLP version of it too, but it doesnt include the 64!!!! bonus tracks that the cd does or the dvd.

Its fuckin expensive but when i get money i get money together i think that warrents a purchase