news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Who is the most unique rapper ever?

I'm gonna have to go with my man Holocaust. I was thinking about him when I came up with the idea for this thread.

Dude is just a total mystery to me. I have no idea what his deal is. I would think he's either insane or just totally fucked up on drugs, or both, but then he appears to be leading a pretty normal life, and interacting with people as a normal person would. I just can't figure him out.

Then there's people like E-40, who has a very unique (and awful) style of delivery, but he's still just rapping about the same ol' shit.

I guess ODB was quite unique too, before a lot of people started biting his style.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #2
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Doom
Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
billo
OG-18* WAT

billo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal son

Odb his style was just plain crazy.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #4
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

ODB

Slick Rick

Big Daddy Kane

Last edited by Apocalypse; 04-18-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

There aren't degrees of uniqueness so i don't really understand the question.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #6
Drunken Monk
The ABBOTT

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

odb
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"Unique as one grain of sand from the beach, and had bitches eating out of his hand".
Old 04-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #8
noel411
The ABBOTT

"I can name 10 niggas that stole an element".

Great song.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #9
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

Ason Unique
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #10
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Cage before Eminem

Aesop Rock

Andre 3k
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #11
noel411
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
"Unique as one grain of sand from the beach, and had bitches eating out of his hand".
I wonder if this was on purpose? I never noticed it until now, seeing it in text.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
There aren't degrees of uniqueness so i don't really understand the question.
Holocaust is less like other rappers than any other rapper, that makes him unique.

Some MCs that haven't been mentioned:

Lil B
Kool Keith
Drake
Bone Thugs
NoEmotion
Earl
Can Ox

Its difficult to say though, i do kind of know what you mean. Its like Gangstarr, dope as they are, are not unique they kind of assimilated their musical style from all the new york underground of the 90s. That being said, the reason they stood out from other 90s hardcore acts was the advanced production techniques and wise words from guru so maybe they were unique for that alone.

I don't know, you can say ODB was unique because theres nobody like him. Theres really nobody like him. Gangstarr I could name 10 comparable groups in the 90s. ODB, I'd maybe recommend the first Busta album and thats a stretch.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
I'm gonna have to go with my man Holocaust. I was thinking about him when I came up with the idea for this thread.

Dude is just a total mystery to me. I have no idea what his deal is.
CAUSE YOUR NOT FROM A CITY, THERES PLENTY OF HERION CRACK HEADS THAT RAP EXACTLY THE SAME AS HOLO,

AND THERES ACTUALLY SOME CRACKHEADS WHO MADE SENSE AND WERE DOPE BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY

THE MOST UNIQUE OF COURSE WAS ODB

BROOKLYN ZOO DRUNKEN REAL NIGGA STYLE >>> HERION ADDICTs

CEITEDMOFO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

Biggie
Pac
All of the wu especially ODB
pharoahe monche

i don't think you can really single one out
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
Miliato
meet me in the lobby

Miliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal son

Breeze Brewin
Miliato is offline   Reply With Quote