news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default Hostile weirdo Lauryn Hill Sentenced To Three Months In Prison For Tax Evasion

It wasn't a miseducation that led Lauryn Hill to evade her taxes for three years in a row back in 2005 -- it was a threat on her family, she says in new legal documents.

The "Doo Wop" singer and Fugees member filed papers on Monday, April 15, stating that the reason why she failed to file tax returns in 2005, 2006, and 2007 was that "she withdrew from society at large due to what she perceived as manipulation and very real threats to herself and her family."

Hill initially rose to prominence in the early 90s as one part of the hip hop trio, alongside Wyclef Jean and Prakazrel "Pras" Michel. But it was her solo album, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, released in August 1998, that is still widely considered one of the best and most influential albums ever.

The singer seemingly left the music scene at the peak of her fame in the early 2000s, however, which she also attributed to threats that she and her family were facing at the time.

"I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns!" she wrote on her blog in June 2012.

Hill, 37, is mother two six children -- Zion David-Nesta, Selah, Joshua, John, Sarah, and Micah (her five oldest kids are by Bob Marley's son, Rohan Marley).

The singer reportedly made more than $1.8 million during that period. Hill, 37, pled guilty to charges of income tax evasion in June 2012 and may face jail time if convicted.

Hill's current plea is for the court to reexamine her reasons for failing to file her taxes -- stating that it will in fact be more difficult for her to pay off her massive debt from behind bars.

The judge will make a decision later this month, on April 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Lauryn Hill Issued Eviction Notice

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3117228.html

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Lauryn Hill's situation is pathetic. There's no way she should be getting evicted and making excuses for why she hasn't paid taxes when she made a lot of money. I have no sympathy for her if she goes to prison.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
check two
N.I.

Oddball sentenced to prison:

http://music.yahoo.com/news/lauryn-h...212157430.html

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Lauryn Hill Sentenced To Three Months In Prison For Tax Evasion

Despite paying $900,000 just hours ago, Lauryn Hill will serve time after all.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...r-tax-evasion-

Despite paying close to a million dollars in federal back-taxes, Lauryn Hill is headed to prison. The Associated Press reports that the emcee/vocalist was sentenced to three months in prison today in a federal court based in her hometown of Newark, New Jersey.

Hill was facing up to three years in prison, but received a reduced sentence. Following a guilty plea, Ms. Hill and her attorney were seeking probation. She paid her $900,000 tax bill this weekend.

This will be Hill's first stay in prison. She could be released in as soon as a month.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

HAPPENS WHEN U DONT COOPERATE WITH THE ILLUMAnTI

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What's up with some of these celebrities and not paying or delaying tax payments? This has to be one of the dumbest reason to end up in prison.

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

fuck this criminal system
Old 05-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
check two
N.I.

she is a weirdo

Quote:
Old 05-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@you calling her a weirdo. I'm sure Wyclef and Pras think the same thing LOL.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Lord Nose, so are you saying it's the justice system's fault that Lauryn didn't pay her taxes and they're locking her up because she's black? LOL. Same thing would happen to a white person if they didn't pay their taxes.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

oh shit !

really ?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #13
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

You the dumb ass that said the criminal system is racist towards blacks. Anybody will go to jail for not paying their taxes no matter what their race is retard. You just like these other dumb ass black men who think the police are fucking with them for no reason because they're black when their stupid asses do dumb shit to get sent to prison.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #14
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

you tell em !
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
check two
N.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Lord Nose, so are you saying it's the justice system's fault that Lauryn didn't pay her taxes and they're locking her up because she's black? LOL. Same thing would happen to a white person if they didn't pay their taxes.
They had said that she's now dating a white guy who parts his hair to the right.

Quote: