news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #16
billo
OG-18* WAT

billo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal son

P.s

free the brown tape!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #17
duotone
PRODIGAL SUN

duotone crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
Some of Ghosts lyrics seemed rushed. The writing is OK in my opinion.
didnt listn to the lp yet...

"As those involved tell it, the story came first, the music second and the lyrics last. Twelve Reasons to Die is the creation myth of a black superhero set in 1960s Italy, which looks a lot like 1990s Scorsese."

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/08/176043...reasons-to-die

http://www.youtube.com/du0t0ne
duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
GhostlyRaes
SLIMEY SAVAGE

GhostlyRaes shaolin monk

The more and more i listen the more and more im feelin the vintage wu feel of this album. Ghost did a great job and so did the features. It is a very short album and some of the songs orchestra like singin b4 tracks annoyed me but i understand why there on the track but i often find myself skippin past the singin. Ghost is great of course, with his lyrics painting a perfect picture 4 the story on each track. I dont think its classic but it should get no less than a 8/10. My only worry as far as Ghost goes is that it seems as if his voice is extra dry and raspy like it hurts for him to talk. I notice it in interviews now too. I know tat everyones voice changes but ghosts seems to get worse everytime i hear him. I hope its just because of all the touring and shit...nigga may need to rest his voice b4 he starts recording that supreme clientele 2.
GhostlyRaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #19
DarkEXile
CHICKEN HEAD

DarkEXile crouching tigerDarkEXile crouching tiger

I listened to it yesterday. It's a great album. It is very short, but overall I enjoyed it. The production was excellent and really brought you into the album.
DarkEXile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #20
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
Some of Ghosts lyrics seemed rushed. The writing is OK in my opinion.
I agree with this in terms of Ghost at his absolute best; it's a step down from Supreme or even Bulletproof, but his writing on this one still fucks with 36, Cuban, or Ironman...overall, I love this album; they execute the storyline well and the overall aesthetic is really dope ...one of my best friends since I was a little kid who has little time for any post Swarm/Pillage/Heavy Mental era Wu shit fucks with this album hard (so homo) and ended up ordering the vinyl/remix tape combo...point being that Adrian Younge gets it, and is a good person for to possibly consult or produce on the next Wu album

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 04-20-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #21
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

^You think his writing on this fucks with Ironman? Hmm, must say I disagree, the writing here is way too linear to be on Ironman's level imo.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

I like this album, but I do need to give it an in depth listen. But it's definitely solid, and the features compliment the tracks.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #23
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its really gooooooooooood

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #24
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger

Did everyone get thier soultemple pre orders?
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #25
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz View Post
Did everyone get thier soultemple pre orders?
No. On anther forum someone said they told him they haven't shipped yet. lol That's just sad. The damn album's been out!

FREE THE BROWN TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #26
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger

I thought I was the only one that didn't get mine because I keep seeing the brown tape pop up on ebay and everyones saying how good it is. I should have just canceled my preorder because I ended up getting the private press edition when that came out.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #27
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Soul Temple failed miserably on this deal.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #28
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta

As well as Iron Fists deal^. I think theres still people who didnt get their packages. I only ordered the shirt this time around. I wanted the CD ASAP and that wasnt happening thru Soul Temple. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #29
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

They should sell the Brown Tape separately. That'd be nice.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #30
DYPthaGoldynchild
Tactical Expert

DYPthaGoldynchild crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to DYPthaGoldynchild Send a message via MSN to DYPthaGoldynchild

What an INCREDIBLE record...

Just got my copy on Friday and am still absorbing it, but I knew it was a true CLASSIC after the first spin...

The creativity and atmosphere of this album blew me away...Props to Ghost for being open-minded enough to fully immerse himself into the concept and to trust a young gun like Adrian Younge's direction. That's not easy for an established veteran like Ghost to do. But Ghost has always been good with taking chances and experimenting, so it's not that surprising.

The attention to detail on this album is ridiculous...Adrian Younge is an absolute MONSTER.

Best Wu release since.........Supreme Clientele? I think so.

-DYP-

http://illegitrecordz.blogspot.com
>>> OUT NOW: TRUE MASTER "Persian Legacy" Mixtape
SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 3 [DYP Edition]"
>>> RE-UP: SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 2"
60 SECOND ASSASSIN "The Retrospective"
DYPthaGoldynchild is offline   Reply With Quote