news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #46
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Where does it say that orders will be shipped out on the 30th?

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #47
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
If you think all RZA did on this was talk a few times, then you don't fully understand what it means to a project if RZA executive produced it.

Cohesiveness, when its at this level, does mean a lot. With that said, there are a couple of tracks on BW I like more than anything on 12 Reasons (The Forest, for example). But there are clear dipping points on BW, whereas there are no dipping points on 12 Reasons. Which is to say, if I were to make Ghsotface compilation, BW tracks MIGHT have more presence on it than 12 Reasons, but as an album...I don't see any argument for BW being a better album than 12 Reasons. Ghost is consistently dope on this, even if he doesn't reach the highs that he does on BW (which in large part has to do with sticking to a concept). The beats, vibe, and guest spots on 12 Reasons sort of speak for themselves.

I need more time with this album, but after about 12 straight listens I'm liking this album more than any of Ghost's albums not named Ironman and Supreme (Fishscale is close, but still not as cohesive).
Yeah, executive producers are very important in guiding the direction and sound of the overall project and like you said, it shows that RZA did it with this one.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #48
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post
Where does it say that orders will be shipped out on the 30th?
Their site did say that at one point in time. Guess they realized that wasn't going to cut it.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #49
Reccollectah
Veteran Member

Reccollectah iron monkeyReccollectah iron monkeyReccollectah iron monkey

you might be confusing things with the 2 getondown versions: those are announced to ship on the 30th

http://www.getondown.com/album.php?id=16285

"Pre-order only.
Product starts shipping on April 30, 2013"

Last edited by Reccollectah; 04-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Reccollectah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #50
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

Dope album, don't know if it's better than the best 11 songs on Fishscale yet...
Shakey Dog
Kilo
The Champ
9 Milli Bros
Crack spot
Ragu
Back like that
Clipse of Doom
Jellyfish
Big Girl
Under water
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #51
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

I received a response from Soul Temple
Quote:
First off we would like to thank you for your pre-order of Twelve Reasons To Die and for supporting Ghostface Killah, Adrian Younge and Soul Temple Records. We are committed to putting together first class Hip Hop packages and we cannot do that without your support.

Secondly, we would like to apologize for the delay in shipping your Ghostface pre-order.

We want to assure you that we have all of the Ghostface 12RTD inventory in-stock and we are packing orders now. We expect that all orders will be shipped by this weekend and that you will have your product shortly there after.

The reason that we had a delay was that wanted to ship all of the packages with tracking/delivery confirmation and we had to upgrade our mailing system to handle the large volume of packages we are dealing with.

We know that this delay is entirely our fault and that you should have had your purchase by now.

As an offer of good faith, we would like to offer you a free digital download of The Brown Tape as well as 20% off discount code for your next purchase of any item in our catalog
That's cool with me.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #52
LA zoo
CHICKEN HEAD

LA zoo Sinister snakeLA zoo Sinister snakeLA zoo Sinister snakeLA zoo Sinister snake

This is the best shit the Wu has released in a looooong time.....prolly since Supreme Clientele
LA zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #53
ScuffedTimz
Ha

ScuffedTimz drunken mastaScuffedTimz drunken masta

Most impressive.. 'best' dunno..

BUILD STRONG...
ScuffedTimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #54
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Got to say I really like both versions and they work as almost 2 entirely different records
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #55
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

So what yall think, is this on the level of Psychic World?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #56
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta

My Wu album rankings for 2013.
1. 12 Reasons to Die
2. Czarface
3. PWOWR
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #57
wufan10304
SLIMEY SAVAGE

wufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to wufan10304

peace everyone, i havent logged on here in a minute! i bought this album off itunes the first night it dropped. im a big ghostface fan, and i had little to none expectations for this album. never heard any singles, didnt know the back story, etc..

but this album right here, has to be one of ghosts top 3. he lryics are dope, sticking to the story they created. the beats are amazing! its real musical, and i love the way it was put together. its one of those albums you wish it didnt end. i really wish he rapped to the last outro beat at the end. it is kinda short, but i still give it a solid 10/10. id rather have 12 bangers, then a album thats 17 tracks with corny skits, filler tracks, etc.

12 RTD has made me now hype for the new clan album! bought tickets to see ghost in philly next month as well. GREAT album
wufan10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #58
wufan10304
SLIMEY SAVAGE

wufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal sonwufan10304 prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to wufan10304

oh yeah, best track to me is "Revenge is Sweet" everyone kills that track! Especially Killa Sin...
wufan10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #59
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Gitche Manito shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
So what yall think, is this on the level of Psychic World?
Musically, it's very interesting. But KP's lyrics are way better than Ghost's.
Comme les ombres de la nuit.
Gitche Manito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #60
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm a pretty big ghost fan, but i haven't liked any albums he's done since SC on a whole. This is no exception. Very forgettable album really, pretty much like every other Wu release from the last 10 years. I'll probably listen to it a couple more times and then not bother.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote