news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
BIRDCAGE
Vintage Wu

BIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkey
Default Twelve Reasons To Die sold 15.000 copies in it's first week

"Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge’s Twelve Reasons To Die checks in at #27 with 15,000 on its first week."

http://hiphopgame.ihiphop.com/2013/0...-r-e-styles-p/

BIRDCAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

did this dude just give two thumbs up?

I posted the sales in another forum and compared it to tyler the creator's Wolf album (over 89,000 and debuted at #3)

debuted at #27 and you're doing back flips... is that what's hot in the streets now?
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
BIRDCAGE
Vintage Wu

BIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkey

Well, i'm not really dead serious about it. Plus, i don't give a f**k about album sales. The album is dope! that's what counts.

BIRDCAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LMAO @ comparing to tyler creator stats and bringing up billboard slots....
Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #5
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

We all know album sales doesn't equate to dope album and vice versa.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

^Besides, ain't nobody in the mainstream crowd fucking with Wu-Tang no more.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
did this dude just give two thumbs up?

I posted the sales in another forum and compared it to tyler the creator's Wolf album (over 89,000 and debuted at #3)

debuted at #27 and you're doing back flips... is that what's hot in the streets now?

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #8
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Wolf>>>12 reasons
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Wolf is horrible , 12rtd shits all over that album and deserves if not the same shine possible better.

I bought a copy of 12rtd on on wax on record store day , I didnt see any copies of Wolf there.

Goblin shit on Wizard of Poetry ...
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Wolf is pretty much what youd expect: angry emo songs, shock humor and minimal jazzy beats.

Its nothing particularly innovative like 12 reasons, but its a great version of what tyler does. Probably my favorite album of his.

12 reasons is going to have a long life as a cult record, but i didnt think it was amazing. Like as a story album is it better than undun? Or prince among thieves? I dont think so.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

most overrated album of the year
concept's played out and gets boring before the 1st listening is over
has some bangers
overall far from classic
same goes 4 the brown tape
waitin 4 dark matter and a better tomorrow

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm not saying the nigerian ho's Wolf album was better because it sold more than Ghost's record. with so many teenagers out there supporting OF, Ghost didn't have a chance. but 15,000 ain't nothing to rave about

point is, this ain't 1997
Old 04-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
REAL6
CHICKEN HEAD

Location: Were just worms in the worst part of the apple thats rotten...
REAL6 shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to REAL6 Send a message via MSN to REAL6 Send a message via Yahoo to REAL6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
^Besides, ain't nobody in the mainstream crowd fucking with Wu-Tang no more.
THis!!!

Fucking sad. ALl real hip hop should be selling millions!!!

What i think will happen in the next 3-5 years is that rappers will turn to kickstarter. If you want a new album from me. It's $50k to over $100K.

I think it's kind of fair.

But they do make money off touring.

REAL6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #14
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
I'm not saying the nigerian ho's Wolf album was better because it sold more than Ghost's record. with so many teenagers out there supporting OF, Ghost didn't have a chance. but 15,000 ain't nothing to rave about

point is, this ain't 1997
thats what Im saying - kids dont know whats good unless its the hot shit and thats wild. Id figure a little better than 15,ooo and not even in the top ten .. thats fucked up cuz its quality product and Tony is a certified Vet. With any other Genre if you have a Vet make a record it gets top ten and at least 200,000 sales but for some reason Ghost can't get that from the market and thats fucked up

I know its not about my personal taste and if I think and album is better than another ... I know way better than that
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #15
theheavens
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by INF View Post
With any other Genre if you have a Vet make a record it gets top ten and at least 200,000 sales but for some reason Ghost can't get that from the market and thats fucked up
that's because rap fans SUCK

they don't know their history. rock & roll fans still listen to fucking Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, and rap fans don't even know who eric B. & rakim were. WTF