news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #46
Luz
Holy Father

Luz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
I don't think u guys are getting it..Tyler the creator most likely won't see a lot of that money from the records he sold..especially via major, u gotta take into account promo costs, legalities etc, ghost selling that much via an independent might be more rewarding to him than compared to Tyler the creator if u wanna get technical about things, most of these mInstream dudes have 360 deals..don't believe the hype, they aren't seeing as much money as u think they seeing
I seriously doubt Ghost is making 6x more per album than Tyler just because its an independent label.

Lets say Ghost makes 6 dollars for every copy of 12 Reasons to Die and Tyler only makes 2 dollars for every copy of Wolf.

Tyler would have made $180,000 in his first week and Ghost would have made $90,000.

Also Tyler produced every track on Wolf so he gets paid for that too. There's pretty much no way in hell Ghost made more money off his album than Tyler did.

Just as a reminder.... Wu-Latino has never worked with the Wu-Tang Clan.
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #47
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

N.O.R.E.'s Student of the Game dropped the same week and debuted at #116 and sold 4,100 copies in its first week
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #48
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger

100 copies of the 12 reasons to die were $150 a piece and 400 were $60 a piece.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #49
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ghost raeped more male fans than Tyler this past week, so Ghost won that one.

1-0 to Ghost...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #50
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I seriously doubt Ghost is making 6x more per album than Tyler just because its an independent label.

Lets say Ghost makes 6 dollars for every copy of 12 Reasons to Die and Tyler only makes 2 dollars for every copy of Wolf.

Tyler would have made $180,000 in his first week and Ghost would have made $90,000.

Also Tyler produced every track on Wolf so he gets paid for that too. There's pretty much no way in hell Ghost made more money off his album than Tyler did.
Tyler fully produced the album, with samples which he has to clear out of his pocket as it's the producers job to handle that,something ghost would never have to worry about with this album

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #51
Luz
Holy Father

Luz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of fury

Quote:
Tyler fully produced the album, with samples which he has to clear out of his pocket as it's the producers job to handle that,something ghost would never have to worry about with this album
So you're saying Tyler is spending more on sample clearance than he is being paid for producing the album? Really?

Tyler producing his own album is a positive for him financially no matter how you slice it.

Just as a reminder.... Wu-Latino has never worked with the Wu-Tang Clan.
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #52
LA zoo
CHICKEN HEAD

LA zoo Sinister snakeLA zoo Sinister snakeLA zoo Sinister snakeLA zoo Sinister snake

Why do numbers matter? It's a dope album
LA zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #53
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What I'm saying is, people are acting like ghost doing 15000 with little to no promo on a barely known indie label is such a terrible thing, I liked Tylers album a lot but comparing him to ghost is illogical..Tyler has the big machine behind him right now..he can do those numbers, ghost deserves more credit than the critics give him

Old 04-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #54
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

well Ghost has the more critically acclaimed album, and that's more important. people aren't going to remember record sales

and like I said, all the teens are on OF's dicks right now. the nigerian ho has a cult following. it's no contest
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #55
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
LOL what? The album is front and center in the what's new section of the spotify desktop app. All these kids are using spotify.
irrelevent,

people check new release sections to find new material from artists they know and listen to.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 04-29-2013 at 11:44 AM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #56
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Quote:
I don't think Tyler uses many samples, and I thought sample clearance comes out of the album's budget.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #57
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

15,000 is not bad for an indie label. Its not bad for an album that doesn't have one decent single.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #58
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
I don't think Tyler uses many samples, and I thought sample clearance comes out of the album's budget.
As someone who listened to his new album, I can definitely verify that about 80% of it is sampled, a lot of his work is sampled but his secret is adding live instrumentation to his work, he adds more personal detail to his sampled work to give it the whole pharell esque sound he is known for , still a good album if you listen to it without bias and an open mind

Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #59
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by soob View Post
lol... 15 000? America population is something about 300 million people, doesn't it? My country has 40 million people and we're more poor than Americans, but rappers can sell more records here (even in one week). I don't get it.

CuzinBilly said we should be happy for that, but Ghost's a fucking legend. Where are real hip-hop heads in USA?
if u copped the album u did ur part. ghost hasn't gone gold since supreme clientele. like someone else here said before. 12rtd was barely in stock in most places. its an underground album get over it. it was a success for them no matter what.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #60
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

When da fuck is Soul Temple shipping the pre-orders though? I still havent listened to this album at coz i want to wait till i have the vinyl in my hand and im dying to hear it

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote