news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 04-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@GZAjector hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't have a problem with Snoop's Top Dogg album cover but his first album cover with No Limit was wack for Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told LOL. I love Snoop, C-Murder, Magic's Down 4 My Niggas song on Top Dogg. That beat is hard. That song is on C-Murder's album also i think. I also like Snoop's Bitch Please song with Xzibit on Top Dogg. I agree with Check Two that No Limit's producers Beats By The Pound have better beats than Mannie Fresh.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #17
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

no limit was basically the same kind of bullshit so im not going to defend them. but topp dogg shits on cash money's entire catalog. and yes...the first no limit snoop album was a disappointment
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #18
GZAjector
Yung Santa

GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

both labels had some straight up bangers in the early and glory years IMO. if i had to choose though, i would go with no limit. less hand-rubs/perceived homosexuality.

i had a no limit double lp back in the day, i don't even remember what it was called, but it was some real early shit that had some real nasty, gangster drug shit on it. ghetto d is a classic album as well in my book, although it was almost like some catchy boy-band shit in retrospect.

i never did hear any of the snoop/no limit albums. by the time he was signed i had stopped listening to any new shit by them. someone should post some dope shit if there is any.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #19
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

you never heard this..?

this was awesome
Old 04-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #20
Paranoid
-

this was one of his best albums...but far from the greatness of doggystyle and even doggfather though.

Last edited by Paranoid; 04-28-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #21
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Have you listened to Fiend's 'There's one in every family' for starters?
Yeah I have, and you're right, that's some damn good production on that joint. I'm gonna change my mind and just say that both BbtP and Mannie Fresh have damn good beats and my preferences change depending on how I feel haha!

@Paranoid: You actually thought Doggfather was great? What were your favorite tracks?

Last edited by KJR; 04-29-2013 at 07:37 AM.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #22
CharlesJones

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Paranoid, you forgot to post Snoop, C-Murder, Magic's Down 4 My Niggas song for GZAjector. I love that song and the beat is banging. KJR, Snoop's The Doggfather album is terrible LOL. He has a few songs on there i like but it's terrible. Snoop has done a lot of shitty albums LOL.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #23
Paranoid
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
@Paranoid: You actually thought Doggfather was great? What were your favorite tracks?
its no classic like doggystyle but its got plenty of funk and probably his second best effort, ...up jump the boogie, VAPORS, snoop bounce, gold rush, snoop upside your head, to name a few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Paranoid, you forgot to post Snoop, C-Murder, Magic's Down 4 My Niggas song for GZAjector. I love that song and the beat is banging. KJR, Snoop's The Doggfather album is terrible LOL. He has a few songs on there i like but it's terrible. Snoop has done a lot of shitty albums LOL.
if you like stuff on an album...i don't see how it can be terrible. its worth a spin at least. its a decent album that has its moments, just like bone thugs art of war.

Last edited by Paranoid; 04-29-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #24
KJR
Master Ninja

Yeah okay, I dont think Doggfather is anywhere near GREAT, but you're right, it has a few solid tracks in it. Personally I love "2001". That track is a banger. The others you listed were good as well. "Doggfather" (the track) is real solid as well. What do you guys think is Snoops second best album?
Old 05-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #25
CharlesJones

Snoop doesn't have any good albums hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #26
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Snoop doesn't have any good albums hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
You don't even like Doggystyle bro?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
CharlesJones

Doggystyle is alright but i don't think it's a classic like most people. I don't like none of his albums but he's a good rapper. I don't know why all of a sudden that he's gotten older, he wants to do reggae music and change his name to Snoop Lion LOL. Nobody is gonna buy his albums LOL. He's gonna figure that out when he sees nobody is buying his records and he'll probably rap again. He really doesn't need to rap anymore because he should have enough money to retire for the rest of his life. I guess old rappers don't believe in quitting and living off their money. I don't know if rappers get a retirement check and i doubt it if they do get one LOL.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #28
KJR
Master Ninja

Fair enough. Dre's production really helped keep Snoop in the zone I think.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #29
Paranoid
-

you're crazy, to me doggystyle is a definite clasic
Old 05-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #30
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
you're crazy, to me doggystyle is a definite clasic
Yeah, same here.