news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The Blueprint is terrible even though i like The Takeover and Izzo(HOVA)songs and Blueprint 2 is worst LOL. I haven't heard Blueprint 3 and i'm sure it's terrible.

Yes, terrible trio of albums, with each being worse than it's predecessor

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post

Yes, terrible trio of albums, with each being worse than it's predecessor
Blueprint was amazing, Blueprint 2 was aight, Blueprint 3 was pretty bad though (by Jay standards), I'll give you that.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@Longbongcilvaringz posting a picture of Robert Deniro clapping hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #19
KJR
Master Ninja

Still don't understand why IML is so over looked within Jay's discography. Hell, Dynasty gets more love than IML!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #20
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Who cares why it's overlooked. If you and i like In My Lifetime, that's all that matters. I don't care about other people's opinion. In My Lifetime must not be overlooked because it sold a lot of copies. It may not have sold as much as his other albums but it's a good album and it's better than the shitty albums he did after that.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #21
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Who cares why it's overlooked. If you and i like In My Lifetime, that's all that matters. I don't care about other people's opinion. In My Lifetime must not be overlooked because it sold a lot of copies. It may not have sold as much as his other albums but it's a good album and it's better than the shitty albums he did after that.
True that. What are your thoughts on Vol 3?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #22
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Is volume 3 The Life And Times Of Shawn Carter album that has the songs Do It Again and Big Pimpin? If that's the one, i didn't like that album. I liked a few songs. I thought it was odd that he did a collabo with UGK for Big Pimpin and i think the beat is wack because it's mainstream. I didn't think he liked UGK. I'm kinda surprised that he stopped collaborating with Foxy Brown. I think they made a good team because i like their collabo songs I'll Be, Ain't No Nigga, Sunshine. They also did a song called Paper Chase on his Hard Knock Life album that i didn't like and they did a song called Bonnie and Clyde on her Chyna Doll album. Foxy Brown used to be so cute and sexy. I've seen a couple of not too old interviews with her on Youtube and she doesn't look as hot as she used to be. I love her Ill Na Na and Chyna Doll album pictures. I still wanna fuck her LOL. I watched her in Firm Biz video with Nas and AZ yesterday on Youtube and she was looking good. I really like the scene when she's laying in the bed with money covered over her while she's naked.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #23
KJR
Master Ninja

Wait you thought Big Pimpin's beat was wack SIMPLY because it was mainstream? Personally, I think that beat was Timbalands best of ALL time. It's so catchy and intricate and the way Jay, Bun, and Pimp flow over it is impeccable. Jay actually loved UGK, UGK on the other hand weren't huge fans of Jay's work.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #24
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

I could see UGK not liking Jay-Z's music hahahahahahahahahaha. I bet they were surprised when they got a phone call from him saying he wanted to do a collabo.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #25
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
I could see UGK not liking Jay-Z's music hahahahahahahahahaha. I bet they were surprised when they got a phone call from him saying he wanted to do a collabo.
Yeah they were! From the story I heard, Bun B didn't want to do it but Pimp C convinced him to. Pimp C saw the possibility in helping them break through the mainstream through working with Jay. And to be honest, he was right, that was the most popular song UGK was ever on and it did get people checking for them.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #26
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Bun B shouldn't have let Pimp C convince him to do Big Pimpin because the song sucks. I don't like the beat because it's too mainstream and UGK don't do mainstream songs.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #27
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Jay Z was better when he had the faster flow. Since then he always sounds like he's about to fall asleep.

Quote:
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #28
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Bun B shouldn't have let Pimp C convince him to do Big Pimpin because the song sucks. I don't like the beat because it's too mainstream and UGK don't do mainstream songs.
UGK definitely tried a few times to hit the radio I think.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #29
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

In My Lifetime has a lot of bangers but a few ultra wack songs as well. Jay Z's career took a fuckin serious nose dive after this album

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #30
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

most of the album is solid but the shitty crossover attempts make it seem worse.

he obviously got a lot better at crossover records after this album.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote