news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #61
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
As someone who listened to his new album, I can definitely verify that about 80% of it is sampled, a lot of his work is sampled but his secret is adding live instrumentation to his work, he adds more personal detail to his sampled work to give it the whole pharell esque sound he is known for , still a good album if you listen to it without bias and an open mind
I've heard all of his albums and most of it seemed like it wasn't sample based. No big deal, I've been wrong before. As for Wolf, it's a good album that's still sinking in.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #62
LiveFast

LiveFast shaolin monk

If you guys want to compare apples to apples:

12RTD sold 15,022 week 1

Apollo Kids (on Def Jam Records) sold 13,262 week 1

Wu-Block sold 9000 week 1

The Man With The Iron Fist Soundtrack sold 12,000 week 1
LiveFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #63
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveFast View Post
If you guys want to compare apples to apples:

12RTD sold 15,022 week 1

Apollo Kids (on Def Jam Records) sold 13,262 week 1

Wu-Block sold 9000 week 1

The Man With The Iron Fist Soundtrack sold 12,000 week 1

Thank you.

This is the move valuable post of the thread.

muscularghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #64
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang did better than all of them with 29,000 copies in the first week, but that's cuz Rae had the momentum of Cuban Linx II in his favor

Wu-Massacre sold 37,900 copies in its first week, debuting at #12
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #65
Illmatic Hispanic
85 %ER

Illmatic Hispanic crouching tigerIllmatic Hispanic crouching tiger

Fuck, man I'm scared to ask the sales on pwowr. That's a better album overall. Anybody
Know pwowr's sales??
Illmatic Hispanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #66
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
that's because rap fans SUCK

they don't know their history. rock & roll fans still listen to fucking Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, and rap fans don't even know who eric B. & rakim were. WTF

lol word
Old 04-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #67
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic Hispanic View Post
Fuck, man I'm scared to ask the sales on pwowr. That's a better album overall. Anybody
Know pwowr's sales??
I'm interested to know that too, but we both know it aint much. It was released in limited quantities right?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #68
GHOSTTOAST
Crackheads Beware !!!!

GHOSTTOAST grasshopper

EHH Ghost spit so elementary on this album..I hate horrorecore Ghost..he's so much better than that...i was in FYE tha other day and thought should i buy this album or not....not was my choice...im actually ashamed at Ghost..This mabye was his lane in 93 but its 03 now..he has regressed so much as an MC..ieven tho he's my favorite rapper of all time im not gonna be a yes man and cosign this...never..!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #69
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
As someone who listened to his new album, I can definitely verify that about 80% of it is sampled, a lot of his work is sampled but his secret is adding live instrumentation to his work, he adds more personal detail to his sampled work to give it the whole pharell esque sound he is known for , still a good album if you listen to it without bias and an open mind
haha, ok braj, but there are only three tracks (by other artists) sampled on Wolf and all would have been cheap as fuck:

Lone (2013) sampled Jornada by Wilson Das Neves (1969)

Partyisntover / Campfire / Bimmer (2013) emulated Invitation by Cal Tjader (1971)

Pigs (2013) sampled Amen, Brother by The Winstons (1969)

Tamale (2013) sampled Sam Is Dead by Tyler, the Creator and Domo Genesis (2012)

I don't know why you're trying to make this thread about his album but he obviously made a lot more money personally off Wolf than Ghost did off this. Tyler released it on his own label, signing a distribution deal with Sony, and he's going to sell hundreds of thousands of copies internationally...

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #70
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol he said rock n roll

rock n roll =/= rock
Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #71
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTTOAST View Post
EHH Ghost spit so elementary on this album..I hate horrorecore Ghost..he's so much better than that...i was in FYE tha other day and thought should i buy this album or not....not was my choice...im actually ashamed at Ghost..This mabye was his lane in 93 but its 03 now..he has regressed so much as an MC..ieven tho he's my favorite rapper of all time im not gonna be a yes man and cosign this...never..!
Haha its 13 now.....where have you been?

Last edited by Biz; 04-30-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #72
GHOSTTOAST
Crackheads Beware !!!!

GHOSTTOAST grasshopper

U know what I meant lol !..true shit tho...I hate this album ...
Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #73
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

15k for real aint bad for an album that barely had any kind of promotion at all.
a concept album at that. those never do crazy numbers.

shits dope.

and tyler is everywhere. him doing 80k is not surprising at all.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #74
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

I just listened to Twelve Reasons To Die at Amazon.com and i didn't like it because of the beats. Ghostface can still rap.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #75
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I just listened to Twelve Reasons To Die at Amazon.com and i didn't like it because of the beats. Ghostface can still rap.
ahahahaha
8 is offline   Reply With Quote