news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #16
Soulless
PRODIGAL SUN

Soulless crouching tiger

I agree that KP made a name for himself without relying on Rza to come and do everything for him, but saying that he made it without any help from Rza is wrong. First of all, KP himself said that Gza and Rza helped him a lot behind the scenes in the beginning stages of the Wu movement. More importantly though, KP did get a cosign from the Rza. What is that good for? Well if nothing else, it will make it so that Wu fans check for you to some degree. I'm pretty sure most KP fans were Wu fans first.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #17
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. NICK RIVIERA View Post
Priest didn't make it tho. He doesn't sell enough, I don't think he has 10.000 copies sold for every release...
Doc, i am sure Heavy Mental did more than those numbers...i could be wrong
Old 04-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. NICK RIVIERA View Post
Priest didn't make it tho. He doesn't sell enough, I don't think he has 10.000 copies sold for every release...
Whilst this may be true, I'm talking in terms of creating his own lane and sealing his imprint genre wise in hip hop sub divisions,like war cloud, he has a cult following of die hards, his name rings bells when a peculiar sect of hip hop is mentioned, he innovated the whole god hop genre and has made his mark with it, dude was able to create an identity in the game without a bigger entity than him engraving it into the mind of fan bases, he hardly ever got cosigned and he did that

Someone else here mentioned kinetic, and that's a gold point, however, some people aren't meant to be solo artists, they function better in a group setting, they absorb the energy from other talents to drive their creativity, perhaps this is the case with kinetic, maybe he isn't as inspired on a solo tip as he is when he is a killarmy member, regardless, he is talented and he needs to put out something, he is around resources all day, it could be easier for him than most

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

And yea, heavy mental sold about 700 000 copies to my recollection

Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #20
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
I agree that KP made a name for himself without relying on Rza to come and do everything for him, but saying that he made it without any help from Rza is wrong. First of all, KP himself said that Gza and Rza helped him a lot behind the scenes in the beginning stages of the Wu movement. More importantly though, KP did get a cosign from the Rza. What is that good for? Well if nothing else, it will make it so that Wu fans check for you to some degree. I'm pretty sure most KP fans were Wu fans first.
U do know that RZA sued him for using the wu logo on heavy mental right? Unlike many other affiliates, even some fraudulent losers, he didn't get away with it...he has had a career to this point not yelling wu in every other track or throwing the logo on everything he did, marinate on that

Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #21
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

KP def. played his cards right after he was given the opportunity by RZA. besides Hell Razah i cant think of any other Killa Bee who has been consistently putting out quality material and still does today.

after losing out being the 9th general to another "KILLA" RZA musta been like... "Yo Priest, I got you sun...nah mean, you gon get crazy features on solo LPs and ima make sure you drop a solo album before Deck and Uey !! Cappa & yours gonna be the one two punch heading to the summer in 98' nah mean ???"
LOL..
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
Antonelli
Veteran Member

Antonelli crouching tigerAntonelli crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
And yea, heavy mental sold about 700 000 copies to my recollection
AHAHAHAH Killarmy SWFQW isn't gold so HM is far far far away from 700 000 copies.....
Antonelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #23
Galvatron97
Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Galvatron97 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
AHAHAHAH Killarmy SWFQW isn't gold so HM is far far far away from 700 000 copies.....
Yes Silent Weapons did about 200-300K if I recall so I doubt Heavy Mental did 700,000.....I think it did go Gold though.

Silent Weapons never even went gold, which is a damn travesty.

Galvatron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #24
Galvatron97
Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Galvatron97 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miliato View Post
What's Kinetic's excuse for having nothing out? especially for someone who's been so close to Rza his whole career. Look at all of Priest's solo work, PR Terrorist even has a good amount of stuff out...9th Prince also. How does Kinetic have zero? its a shame because he's really good.
So true....I remember Kinetic was riding hard with RZA a few years ago, always by his side and what not.....but dude hasn't released anything good in years....

Let's face it most of the Killa beez are lazy, bummy weedheads now....

Galvatron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #25
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

its a fact, even la the darkmans heist of the century sold about 250 000 and he was lesser known in that era than them

Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #26
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

infact heavy mental charted on the billboard charts top 200, at number 2 r&b/hip hop charts

Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #27
Antonelli
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
its a fact
It's your fantasy fact but no way HM is gold. It did 300"000 at best.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #28
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

Lmao those numbers were common knowledge for years now..im very well versed with what numbers most albums did in the golden era, stop finding every excuse to discredit the man..like KP can't go gold when he realesed it on a major label in a time when hip hop was potent.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #29
Antonelli
Veteran Member

KP is my favourite MC but no sir, HM isn't gold. I bet my life on it.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #30
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblebullet View Post
Doc, i am sure Heavy Mental did more than those numbers...i could be wrong
yeah I know that, but I'm talking about now

back then he still had wu behind him