news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 05-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury
Default Why I've decided not to read the bible

http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter9.html
Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

The Bible is mostly Astrotheological. It's definitely worth reading. There's very little proof for any sort of a literal interpretation of it, so it's time we stop looking at it in such a way.

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #3
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

care to elaborate? i dont know what you're talking about. id like you to try and convince me to read it if you are willing.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:16 AM   #4
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

the bible's a fun book to read, even if most of it is nonsense, just like books written by ancient Greeks or Romans.
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #5
Willis
85 %ER

Willis shaolin monk

You gain no knowledge by being purposely ignorant of something. Ive read the bible, I dont believe in god and never really have, but its the most read book in the world, so I wanted to read it as I like expanding my knowledge on things. Theres nothing wrong with reading the bible, believing in things with out any factual basis or evidence is the problem.

If anything, reading it made me even less inclined to believe.

Last edited by Willis; 05-14-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

also OP's link makes some mistakes because the writer doesn't fully understand the Bible.

Under the section "For The Sins Of Another" the writer says that Jephthah sacrificed his daughter. This is not what the Bible says if you fully understand the context it is written in.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/child.html
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the movie Harlem Nights got allot of bad reviews that said it was Murphys worst movie - i'm sure the reviews made some people not see it -

i think it's one of his best movies -
Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

so you stopped reading the bible because you dont like the fact that God is sovereign over what he has created?

certainly not untypical.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The writing in that link makes no sense. God cannot be genocidal. Matter of fact God cannot sin at all because morality is for man, not God.

If you are gonna be ignorant of the bible because somebody else read it and misunderstood it and passed this misunderstanding to you and you believe in this misunderstanding, then the loss is yours. Wouldn't you wanna read it for yourself to get your own understanding of it?

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont

Last edited by diggy; 05-14-2013 at 12:23 PM.
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
Paranoid
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
the movie Harlem Nights got allot of bad reviews that said it was Murphys worst movie - i'm sure the reviews made some people not see it -

i think it's one of his best movies -
i love that movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
You gain no knowledge by being purposely ignorant of something. Ive read the bible, I dont believe in god and never really have, but its the most read book in the world, so I wanted to read it as I like expanding my knowledge on things. Theres nothing wrong with reading the bible, believing in things with out any factual basis or evidence is the problem.

If anything, reading it made me even less inclined to believe.
i fail to see how atheists can prove a creator/god/gods do not exist. i just think that this particular god seems like a tyrannical psychotic asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
The writing in that link makes no sense. God cannot be genocidal. Matter of fact God cannot sin at all because morality is for man, not God.

If you are gonna be ignorant of the bible because somebody else read it and misunderstood it and passed this misunderstanding to you and you believe in this misunderstanding, then the loss is yours. Wouldn't you wanna read it for yourself to get your own understanding of it?
ok maybe i will read it. what was misunderstood though? did this god not mass murder(including innocent creatures)? how is that not genocidal? God has no morals? seems like a crock of shit to me. he doesn't have to follow his own rules? why do we then? just seems like another ruthless authority figure that wants us to blindly obey. what is the loss if i dont read it?

Last edited by Paranoid; 05-14-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #11
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

its totally understandable that people will read through the old testament and look at the crucifixion of Jesus and come to such a conclusion.

the explanation for it all is pretty simple though. God is creator of all things. since he created all things he owns all things. since he owns all things He has the right to do with them as he sees fit. God's creative decree(the purpose, meaning, and function of the things God created) is different from his moral decree(how God desires creatures to behave).

at the end of the day, all those nations were destroyed because of their sin.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 05-14-2013 at 08:55 PM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
Paranoid
-

well so be it then, i just can't say i agree with him.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

Believe me when I say you should read the bible.

This is the truth

peace
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
Paranoid
-

how do you know its the truth?
Old 05-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #15
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
God is creator of all things. since he created all things he owns all things. since he owns all things He has the right to do with them as he sees fit.
create them with the ability to sin, then kill them for sinning - he even kills the babies that haven't sinned yet, and those who survived the attack, are left to live a maimed life in pain.

some parents can use this authority claim to justify abusing their children also

and people who claim to love this god and live by his rules also feel they got the right to hurt and abuse people in the name of god -

those who claim they are the children of god are killing some gentiles right now as we type.