news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Basic poll options here...
Classic 15 39.47%
Banger 13 34.21%
Good 4 10.53%
Mediocre 2 5.26%
Wack 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #16
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

c0 sign.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

XXL magazine writers should be beat up for giving Clipse's album a XXL LOL. XXL is a joke.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #18
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm always bumpin' this album. The only song I didn't really like was Trill. Dope lyrics, but a shitty-ass beat.

It's pretty much the only Hip-Hop CD I own that my friends can enjoy listening to.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #19
baritone
yeah nigga

baritone crouching tiger

it aint classic, its bangin tho
i thought the shit sucked when i first bought it, but its startin to grow on me
baritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #20
Exodus

Exodus shaolin monk

Trill and Ain't Cha are the only two songs on here that I didn't like.

I sort of agree with whoever it was on this forum that said that the Clipse are sort of the modern day equivalent to Rae and Ghost
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #21
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

easily one of the best albums of the past couple years. clipse just go at it hard. even with the single, mr.me too, its not like it was a total bitch single like most rappers put out. it just had pharell on it for his mainstream appeal. probably in some years it might be a classic, because honestly compaired to most other shit out around this time it shits on it hardcore.

only songs i didnt like were trill (because of the beat, it was still ok though), and wamp wamp, just because i thought that was a stupid hook, and i wasnt feeling the steel drums as much. but the rest are all dope.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #22
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I changed my mind. I didn't like this album at all. Too mainstream.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #23
Suga Duga
1%

Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

easily betta than Lord Willin', 9/10, shit is fucking hard

edit: one year later, this album is a 10/10, classic material, start the hate

Last edited by Suga Duga; 12-24-2007 at 05:26 AM.
Suga Duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

y'all who said this was a classic still feel that way?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #25
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

def. lot of fire on this. kept it real. even the radio tracks are bangers. got the one smoother joint on their thats still hard.

probably my favorite album of the past several years.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #26
KJR
Master Ninja

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand, it feels more focused and cohesive than their debut and on the other hand, I don't think I liked the dark beats as much as the club-inspired tracks of the original.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #27
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It grew on me a lot, probably as good as their first album. I replay a lot of tracks off it; Ride Around Shinin, Hello Knew World, Keys Open Doors, We Got It For Cheap and Momma I'm So Sorry. Some stuff on there I would never play again, but a 8 or 9 for me.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
It grew on me a lot, probably as good as their first album. I replay a lot of tracks off it; Ride Around Shinin, Hello Knew World, Keys Open Doors, We Got It For Cheap and Momma I'm So Sorry. Some stuff on there I would never play again, but a 8 or 9 for me.
What songs would you NEVER play again? "Trill"?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #29
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Hell Hath No Fury is wack. Lord Willin is their best album.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #30
Longbongcilvaringz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
What songs would you NEVER play again? "Trill"?
Yes. Probably Dirty Money also. I thought Wamp Wamp also, but listening to it now it's pretty good.