news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 05-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default Whodini-Back In Black

This was their last good album and it had some classics such as Funky Beat, One Love, I'm A Ho, Last Night I Had A Long Talk With Myself, The Good Part. I heard their Open Sesame and Six albums that they did after this and they were terrible. Back In Black album pictures are nice. Their Escape album which they did 2 years before Back In Black is also a classic and has the classics Five Minutes Of Funk, Freaks Come Out At Night, Big Mouth, Escape, Friends. I remember seeing on the internet that they did a album before Escape called Whodini. I never heard it and i thought that Escape was their first album. They did a song with dj Terminator X who's Public Enemy's dj called It All Comes Down To Money in 1994. Tight song and the video is good.
CharlesJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Growing Up and Echo Scratch songs on Back In Black are also good.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think they were too influenced by or maybe pressured to sound more like RunDmc on this album
Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Why do you think that? I don't think they tried to sound like Run DMC. Maybe they may have used their rock influence on Fugitive song because Run DMC's rock collabo for Walk This Way helped Raising Hell album sell a lot of copies. I was listening to Raising Hell yesterday. They got some classics on that such as Peter Piper, It's Tricky, My Adidas, Walk This Way, Is It Live, Perfection, Hit It Run, Raising Hell, You Be Illin. I like the album pictures.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

study that escape album and maybe you'll hear what i'm saying

BTW - Larry smith produced for both groups -
Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Yeah i know about Larry Smith. Did you know they recorded Escape and Back In Black albums in London, England? That was unheard of for rappers to do but i remember Ecstacy saying in a Whodini documentary i saw on TV One's Unsung that the reason they recorded the albums in London was because their record label Jive was in London. I thought Jive was in america.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

i most likely saw that docu - but didn't pay attention to that - shit like that don't interest me
Old 06-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

How come music documentaries don't interest you? I like seeing music documentaries because i like hearing stories about how these artists got started and what happened later on to them.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

the docs are interesting - them recording an album in london wouldn't have held my attention