news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Who's Da Man ?
RED 14 50.00%
MEF 14 50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default METHOD MAN vs REDMAN vs METHOD MAN

yeah i know this is a wu forum but i havent seen this topic before [or in recent years] this should be interesting as they are both very similar MCs on many different aspects and i find them neck to neck... Ima have to think about it for a while before i vote.

i know its all subjective but its still fun to know how yall think..

lets compare everything in terms of an MC..

Voice
Lyrics
Wordplay
Delivery
Flow
Storytelling
Freestyle
Live Performance
Albums
Guest Spots

Old 06-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Hmm...well I'll break it down like this:

Voice - Both are distinct, but you can't top Meth's voice, it's simply addictive. - METH

Lyrics - Meth is clever but Redman is something else with his lyrics. He can be silly, smart, or absolutely ridiculous and all his words are carefully chosen to convey this - RED

Wordplay - Sort of goes into lyrics, and again it's Redman - RED

Delivery - I love both of their deliveries, but I gotta go with Red. His energy is simply infectious - RED

Flow - It's hard to touch Meth with flow, just his track (on 36 Chambers) is all the proof you need, the guy can flow - METH

Storytelling - Meth really don't tell much for stories, Redman can however. Check out "Sooperman Luva II" for proof - RED

Freestyle - I've only heard a number of freestyles from them but from the ones I did, Red was better - RED

Live Performance - Can't comment on this one

Albums - Red's got more quality albums, period. - RED

Guest Spots - I've yet to see a guest spot where Red doesn't kill it - RED

So total wise that's---
Redman - 7
Method Man - 2

Redman is better imo, but they're both great MCs.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Hmm...well I'll break it down like this:

Voice - Both are distinct, but you can't top Meth's voice, it's simply addictive. - METH

Lyrics - Meth is clever but Redman is something else with his lyrics. He can be silly, smart, or absolutely ridiculous and all his words are carefully chosen to convey this - RED

Wordplay - Sort of goes into lyrics, and again it's Redman - RED

Delivery - I love both of their deliveries, but I gotta go with Red. His energy is simply infectious - RED

Flow - It's hard to touch Meth with flow, just his track (on 36 Chambers) is all the proof you need, the guy can flow - METH

Storytelling - Meth really don't tell much for stories, Redman can however. Check out "Sooperman Luva II" for proof - RED

Freestyle - I've only heard a number of freestyles from them but from the ones I did, Red was better - RED

Live Performance - Can't comment on this one

Albums - Red's got more quality albums, period. - RED

Guest Spots - I've yet to see a guest spot where Red doesn't kill it - RED

So total wise that's---
Redman - 7
Method Man - 2

Redman is better imo, but they're both great MCs.

yo props for your reply. good to see some valid input once in a while instead of the usual dumbness we see here. i agree with most of your choices.. ones i disagree with are :

Freestyle : I'd go with Mef., if he wants to Mef incorporates his multiple styles when freestyling and can go on and on.. yeah every shit he spittin aint pure freestyle but hes one of the best to link verse to verse flawlessly switchin it up a bit and tweaking things to make it sound ill that might have sounded whatever if some other rapper spitted.

Albums : Matta fact, i do agree with you on this one.. ONLY for the fact Mef has "Tical 0" in his discography.... without that you can go either way but sadly its unavoidable.

Live Performance : No one rocks a show like MEF, hands down. not that Red dont hold his shit down but like you said about Mef's flow, he takes this one as well.

Guest Spots : this one is debatable, yes RED kills all his slots but Mef does as well. i might have not been too clear but when i say guest spots, im including Mef's verses on Wu joints that are NOT his albums. it aint Mef's fault Wu has so much doper shit than Def Squad...lol

payce ~
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
zooruka

zooruka iron monkeyzooruka iron monkeyzooruka iron monkeyzooruka iron monkeyzooruka iron monkey

Ill admit I haven't heard all meth's and red's catalogues, but I have heard there best work so I will base my opinion on that.

Voice - Personally I prefer method man's voice but red's isn't that bad either.

Lyrics - While red is a good m.c, method man's performance on wu tang forever is better than anything redman can spit.

Word play - I think this is pretty much even, although in the early days of wu meth was the word play master eg. m.e.t.h.o.d man, protect ya neck.

Delivery - I like both there deliveries, but I will give it to redman as method man has fallen off in the delivery department, when he first emerged on the scene back in the day he was witty and unpredictable and had a natural charisma but now he is sort of boring where as redman still has that entertainment value.

Flow - method man.... just check out his first verse on a track he did with redman from muddy waters "do what ya feel", to me this is one of the best examples of flowing I have ever heard.... just so effortless.

storytelling - I would have to say that red is better

Freestyle - I don't think either are considered that great at freestyling

live performance - can't comment

albums - redman ..... redman has muddy waters, where as meth does not have a classic album.

Guest spots- I am gonna go with meth because I like him better I guess.

Total:

The Method Man - 4

Redman - 3

Even - 2

I think that is about right, but if I have to choose I think method man on his day is a better m.c than redman and on a different level.... I mean he is in "Wu tang clan" that pretty much says it all, but both are so ill I have a hard time taking anything away from red, but yeah I think method man is the better m.c.

peace

Last edited by zooruka; 06-12-2013 at 06:20 PM.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Redman in everything but voice and flow.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Send a message via Skype™ to SKAMPOE

I voted mef

For the GenChat pervs
SKAMPOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. NICK RIVIERA View Post
Redman in everything but voice and flow.
This. I'm not much of a Method Man fan, I find his voice and flow to be most appealing. But Red is on another planet with his style. Dare Iz A Darkside is one of my favorite Hip Hop albums, it takes me on a journey from beginning to end. They work well together though, Blackout is real ill. I prefer Mef in group settings.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

meth
Old 06-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
tekunique
SupaSelekta

Mef leading by 1 vote ! i mean i knew it was gonna be close but im surprised Red gettin mad love here...
Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
KJR
Master Ninja

^The dude deserves the love. He's kind of overlooked when people look at the top 5 DOA mcs. Redman would be on my top 5 easily. He dwarfs Meth on most songs they are on. "Blackout!" is one of my fav hip hop albums though, I've got tons of good memories attached to that album, haha!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Meth - He can spazz out on any type of beat with his performance/lyrics/cadence/style.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Redman is better. I like Method Man but Redman is better lyrically. Plus Redman's albums are better than Method Man's albums LOL.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #13
KJR
Master Ninja

^True on all points. Red's got nothing as bad as Tical 0, haha!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know why Method Man's albums are so terrible because he's a good rapper. He's not good at picking beats. Only album of his i listen to is Tical. Meth Vs Chef with Raekwon and Bring The Pain are the best songs on Tical. I love Redman's Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters albums and i listen to them often.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #15
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know why Method Man's albums are so terrible because he's a good rapper. He's not good at picking beats. Only album of his i listen to is Tical. Meth Vs Chef with Raekwon and Bring The Pain are the best songs on Tical. I love Redman's Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters albums and i listen to them often.
Yeah, Tical is solid. I'd add "Mr Sandman" to that list of album bests. I actually like Tical 2000 a lot too, my only problem with that album was the skits. (especially the stupid ass Chris Rock skit) Redman's first three albums were incredible. My favorite was "Dare Iz a Darkside". That album takes you on one hell of a journey. The production was on another level. Props to Redman and Erick Sermon.