news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default Phife Dawg-Ventilation

This is Phife of A Tribe Called Quest's only solo album. It's a decent album. I like the songs Flawless, Bend Ova, Ventilation. I like a few other songs but i can't remember the song titles. He had 2 songs produced by Pete Rock. I think J Dilla produced a couple of songs also. He had a video for Flawless. If ya'll haven't seen it, check it out. Nice album cover. I was disappointed he didn't do some more solo albums. I always liked him more than QTip. I was kinda sad to hear he has diabetes. I'm glad he's doing alright. I remember reading in Slam magazine that he was a basketball scout at a middle school in Connecticut. I wonder if he's still doing that. I know he loves basketball.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Yeah the beats were really good hi tek pete rock and jay dee had some bangers it's an ok album surprisingly much better than amplified
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I'm not surprised his album is better than QTip's gay solo albums LOL. Phife doesn't seem like the type to crossover and do radio songs like QTip.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Amplified rap was terrible, but had great beats. Ventilation is underrated, it's a good album, but obviously not as good as the Tribe classics.

Listen to Q-Tip - Let's Ride and then listen to Phife Dawg - Ben Dova. Dilla gave a similar beat to Phife which I like more.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

I'm a huge Tribe fan and I haven't checked out any Phife or Q-Tip solo albums. Are any worth the time? It looks like you guys think this one is decent.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

I hate QTip's Let's Ride song. Wack song. I don't think Let's Ride beat is similar to Phife's Bend Ova beat. Phife says some funny lyrics on Flawless and Bend Ova. I like when he said on Flawless, talking tough but be dressing on some wussy shit LOL. Tight see through shirt on some hard nipple shit LOL. Fake Versace shades while all up in the club and shit LOL. Sports bra, halter tops. What the fuck is this? LOL. Dudes be pussied out just to sell some records shit LOL. They wanna be voice of the street. You see this bullshit? LOL. Go ahead. Play yourself with them ho like hooks. Sing ballads if it's all about the Maxwell look LOL. Phat Farm shirt with a garter belt looking like a whore LOL. Now tell me what you rhyming for. This shit is all about flows. Fuck a fashion show LOL.

KJR, don't waste your time with QTip's solo albums. Check out Phife's Ventilation album and you won't be disappointed. Go to Youtube and watch his Flawless video.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #7
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Alright, will do. I always loved Phifes voice. I'll let you know what I think about it after I give it some time.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Q-Tip's Renaissance is a good album. Way better and more cohesive album than Amplified.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #9
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I find that hard to believe. Move is the only song of his i like on that album. Props to him for using The Jackson 5's Dancing Machine sample.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Nah renaissance was good
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #11
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Yeah right hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.