news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: How do you rate Business Never Personal?
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 1 14.29%
8 3 42.86%
9 1 14.29%
10 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #16
MistaBPL

MistaBPL shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
You really are nuts if you think Gang Starr's Daily Operation is boring hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That album is classic and Guru's lyrics are good. Rappers talking about the same stuff isn't boring to me. Have you listened to Gang Starr's Conspiracy song on Daily Operation? Guru talks about racism on the song and he speaks the truth. I miss Guru. So sad he's gone.
I have to agree, I mean that album is like a blueprint for gritty/soulful hip-hop. Every time you listened to it, you felt like you were in the mean streets of New York City watching the whole process go down. It's like a musical representation of an actual Daily Operation which I think Guru and DJ Premier were aiming for, there was a lot of dynamic songs on the album such as "Soliloquy of Chaos", "No Shame in My Game" and "Conspiracy" and I think it's up there with alot of the hip-hop greats. Literally, mostly every song on the album bangs.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #17
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

KJR is a retard at times. So i don't pay attention to his opinion. I can't believe he's never heard Erick Sermon's No Pressure and Double Or Nothing albums hahahahahahahaha. He's never seen Erick and Keith Murray's Hostile video LOL. He must be a teenager.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Daily Operation boring??? People like accessible albums like Moment of Truth more. Step In The Arena and Daily Operation are the ultimate Gang Starr albums.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #19
CharlesJones

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Moment Of Truth is very good. I got that in my car now. Lots of good songs on there and nice album pictures. My favorite songs on there are You Know My Steez, Royalty, Moment Of Truth, The Militia, The Rep Grows Bigger, New York Strait Talk, Make Em Pay, The Mall, Next Time.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #20
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
KJR is a retard at times. So i don't pay attention to his opinion. I can't believe he's never heard Erick Sermon's No Pressure and Double Or Nothing albums hahahahahahahaha. He's never seen Erick and Keith Murray's Hostile video LOL. He must be a teenager.
Haha, but you responded to my opinion, didn't you? (and yes I am a teenager)

Yeah, they had a few lyrical detours on "Daily Operation" but the majority of it was about wack rappers. That in itself isn't a bad thing but it's just the way they executed it. It just kind of bores me. 'Hard To Earn' was a much better/more interesting album and they pulled everything off they tried in DO and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Daily Operation boring??? People like accessible albums like Moment of Truth more. Step In The Arena and Daily Operation are the ultimate Gang Starr albums.
'Step In the Arena' dwarfs 'Daily Operation' for me. It's a much more interesting, dynamic, and fun album to listen to. They were even able to pull of love songs well. Hearing Guru in his less monotonous form is always kind of odd but it worked so well.

Last edited by KJR; 06-14-2013 at 08:41 AM.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #21
CharlesJones

Daily Operation is better than Step In The Arena.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

^Nah, Guru rapped his ass off on "Step in the Arena" and it resulted in a better album. I prefer the production on "Step" too. What did you like more about "Daily Operation"? The lyricism? Did you prefer Guru's stoic style on that album?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #23
CharlesJones

Guru has always had good lyrics. What i liked about Daily Operation was the beats. Beats were better on Daily Operation and that's why i liked most of the songs. I didn't like a lot of songs on Step In The Arena. Have you heard Gang Starr's Gotta Get Over on Trespass soundtrack? That's a tight song. It's also on their greatest hits album Full Clip. Check out the video at Youtube if you've never seen it. Trespass movie is with Ice Cube and Ice T and the movie sucks but the soundtrack is good. Ice Cube and Ice T did a song together called Trespass and the video is good. Black Sheep, Public Enemy, AMG(i like his song Don't Be A 304)and WC and The Madd Circle are also on the soundtrack. Have you heard Gang Starr's The ? Remains song? That's tight and it's on Full Clip album. They also did a song with M.O.P. on Full Clip. I can't think of the song but it's good. Full Clip song is also good and so is the video.