news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #31
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

i can tolerate their music its just not something id ever choose to listen to. a couple other early hard rock bands i think were better are the doors, stooges, alice cooper, kiss, zappa, blue oyster cult.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #32
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Indeed, i'd add Steppenwolf, Hawkwind, Uriah Heep, Thin Lizzy, Blue Cheer, Dust etc.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #33
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Last edited by Paranoid; 03-05-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #34
Paranoid
-

Last edited by Paranoid; 03-05-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #35
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
LZ have a decent, consistent catalogue with a lot of good tracks. I enjoy them for what they are, but would never really replay their albums too much.
That pretty much sums it up for me. They don't have any albums that are amazing to me, which is why I don't listen to them much. But they had a lot of excellent songs. I personally think they were an exceptional band musically though. One of the best. My favourite thing to do with Zeppelin is watch live footage of them, because that's by far when they were at their best. And Jimmy Page was an animal on guitar, which comes out a hell of a lot more in live shit than on their albums.

I'm personally much more an album oriented person. I don't really do the compilation or selected tracks from an album thing, so Zeppelin don't get a lot of play time in my world.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #36
Paranoid
-

Scorpions rock too

Last edited by Paranoid; 03-05-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #37
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Did somebody say that Zep doesn't have great albums? I beg to differ. Asking me my favorite LZ track is like asking king Solomon to name his favorite child.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #38
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Which albums of their's do you consider to be great (not saying you shouldn't, just curious). I'd say IV and maybe Presence are the only ones i listen to all the way through every now and then.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #39
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I, II, IV and Physical Graffiti

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #40
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
i can tolerate their music its just not something id ever choose to listen to. a couple other early hard rock bands i think were better are the doors, stooges, alice cooper, kiss, zappa, blue oyster cult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
Indeed, i'd add Steppenwolf, Hawkwind, Uriah Heep, Thin Lizzy, Blue Cheer, Dust etc.

I hate getting into evaluating the "quality" of music as it is completely subjective, and you guys certainly have the right to prefer any band over another band...but strongly disagree.

From a strictly musical ability level, I think Zep blows them away and it's far from close.

And I would say that none of those bands mentioned have 20 songs that remotely stand up to the 20 best Zeppelin songs, whatever they may be.

Just my own faggy opinion though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #41
Longbongcilvaringz

That's fair enough, my qualms aren't about their technical ability. I've just always preferred hard psychedelic rock from the 70s to more straight up stuff like LZ.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #42
Paranoid
-

sabbath doesnt have 20 songs that can stand up to 20 LZ songs? get outta here
Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #43
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the ocean

and then heartbreaker
Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #44
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

"Achilles Last Stand" and it aint close. 'Presence' is immensely underrated. I also LOVE "Tea For One" on that album.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #45
Kenneth Pinyan
lord

Kenneth Pinyan iron monkeyKenneth Pinyan iron monkeyKenneth Pinyan iron monkey

a lot of niggas want to hate on me
what's the reason, nigga who knows
say i'm focused on the wrong shit
we just putting out the new dough
Kenneth Pinyan is online now   Reply With Quote