news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #31
J-DON
Veteran Member

J-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkey

OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! OHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THI IS SEEERRIIIOOOOOOOOOUS!!!
J-DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:47 AM   #32
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

i think i found what ive been lookin for, i recommend this album its fire
buju banton- 'til shiloh

Last edited by spiggity_ace; 06-24-2010 at 06:15 AM.
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:59 AM   #33
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

king tubby + prince jammy + scientist = first, second and third generation for music from some of the innovators.

the congos

the heptones - leroy sibbles is great

lutan fyah

keith hudson - blood of my blood, flesh of my flesh

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 AM   #34
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

It's not traditional reggae by a long shot, nor even your average dancehall, but I love The Bug's work

Pressure is a bit more dancehall, but with some seriously ragged and electronic beats. Some very energetic and intense ragga tracks with Daddy Freddy, Toastie Taylor, Rootsman & He-Man, and Wayne Lonesome, and some slow atmospheric dub tracks with Roger Robinson's dub poetry and Paul St. Hilaire (Tikiman)'s singing.

However the real masterpiece is London Zoo:

Obviously it's much more influenced by the grime and dubstep scenes (mainly the tracks with Killa P, Flowdan, and Warrior Queen), but it really emphasizes the dancehall/ragga roots of those genres while still keeping the aggressive fast-paced drums & ragga chants of grime and the subwoofer pummeling bass drops of dubstep. Also a few more traditional dancehall toasts and reggae crooning (the songs with Tippa Irie, Ricky Ranking and Roger Robinson) over dark riddims. I'm sure more than a few of you already know about this album since it got rave reviews and I'm sure even more of you are already familiar with "Skeng" and "Poison Dart," so I'll spare you that.

Last edited by Cthulhu; 06-24-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:13 AM   #35
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

also mighty diamonds - right time. go seek your rights is a classic.

Last edited by DUMBO; 06-24-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:15 AM   #36
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Basically this stuff is the reason I'm looking for earlier (anything pre-dubstep/grime) that has toasting or ragga chants over dub production. I like the deep atmosphere of dub, but I'm not a huge fan of plain old reggae singing, and I love the vocals in dancehall and ragga, but I find a lot of dancehall albums to be too one-dimensional for me (even though Buju has some pretty consistent stuff).
Old 06-24-2010, 03:17 AM   #37
DUMBO
Veteran Member

i don't know if it fits, but roots manuva is a great reggae/hip hop artist.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:32 AM   #38
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMBO View Post
i don't know if it fits, but roots manuva is a great reggae/hip hop artist.
I've heard some of his stuff, and it's not too bad, but never got super into it. I also have checked out New Flesh for Old, Toastie Taylor's hip-hop group which has a similar vibe. Still, nothing too ground-breaking, even though Toastie is has one of the best rap/toasting voices I've ever heard. Dude needs to get on some serious shit (more Bug collabos please).
Old 06-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #39
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

MAD LION: REAL TING (reggae Hip-Hop)
Old 07-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #40
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

felt like reviving this thread

been listenin to a lot of supercat, junior cat and sizzla recently

post some dope dancehall with nice dj'ing

oh and is vybz kartel any good? i heard his remake of terry ganzie's welcome the outlaw and it was dope.

Terry ganzie is freaking sick too, what happened to him, he's really talented.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #41
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #42
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

That new marley documentary gave me a whole new appreciation for the dude. I think the dude was a genius now.

Also i been playing a lot of ini kamoze, tosh and burning spear. I made an identical thread last year and i got some good music from it so thanks to those who helped me.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #43
Killa BB
BANG, BANG!

Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I recommend anything, ANYTHING but this...

Old 08-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #44
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

reggae gold 2K8 mixed by mighty crown

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #45
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

real recognise real

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote