news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 12-06-2006, 02:15 AM   #1
AcidPhosphate69
Dr. Saunders

AcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killa
Default Tool Appreciation Thread

Yeah, I don't know if you guys ever heard of Tool. They're pretty nasty. I recommend their earlier CD's like Opiate and Undertow for a bit more edge. But Aenima and Lateralus are pretty good too. They have like a rhythmic kind of vibe. A lot of the percussion almost has a ritualistic feel to it. Yep, that's about it.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:25 AM   #2
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Maynard was the whole reason why ppl got confused about the rib thing with manson. It was stupid ppl that didnt have the facts straight. And also within topic, their last album has the sickest cover in recorded music. I remember when these guys first came around on tha major. The sober video. Thats why I paid attention. the claymation was ill. Things got weird after the 3rd album.

Of course, I have tripped on LSD to Tool on a few occasions.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:41 AM   #3
AcidPhosphate69
Dr. Saunders

AcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killa

Yeah, their live show is pretty incredible and Maynard's voice is something to be reckoned with as far as power and richness go.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:17 AM   #4
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta

i like sober. im not a fan of them but i give props to them
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:57 AM   #5
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidPhosphate69 View Post
Yeah, I don't know if you guys ever heard of Tool. They're pretty nasty. I recommend their earlier CD's like Opiate and Undertow for a bit more edge. But Aenima and Lateralus are pretty good too. They have like a rhythmic kind of vibe. A lot of the percussion almost has a ritualistic feel to it. Yep, that's about it.
WHAT? Of course I have, heres what I have of their albums at the moment:

TOOL - 10000 Days 2006
TOOL - Ultra Rare Trax
TOOL - Aenema
TOOL - Lateralus
TOOL - Salival
TOOL - Tales from the Darkside
TOOL - Undertow
TOOL - Unreleased
TOOL - [1992] Opiate

EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #6
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

What do ya'll think of A perfect Circle then? I have their second album with that song "weak and powerless". Its pretty chill. I thought that the first album was kinda played out.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #7
Gawd
Just walk away.

Gawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkey

tool is good.....my favorite album is lateralus.....but they are all good imo. maynard has a home in cave creek and jerome AZ
Old 12-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #8
Kriszy Substance
And in the end..?

Kriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkey

Oh yes, Tool is pretty incredible. I really havent listened to any newer stuff but I was really into Tool back in the day. Their drummer is fucking sick, SICK!

I didnt know Maynard has places in AZ...especially Cave Creek, that is where I was born. Still seems odd to me that Maynard was in the military. But yeah, he has a great voice.

I never really got into Perfect Circle much. They are good, but I dont think I ever purchased an album of theirs. I would love to see Tool live. I have heard they put on fantastic shows...and to be able to watch that drummer all night, fuck, that would be nice.

www.myspace.com/kriszysubstance

Kriszy Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
AcidPhosphate69
Dr. Saunders

I saw them live a few years ago. It was pretty badass. It's not like a huge, pyro-driven kind of stage show as much as it is about the art and the music. Some people don't like it but if you can appreciate them, and I think you can Kriszy, you'll like it.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #10
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms
Default The TOOL thread

Amazing band with powerfull, deep, conscious lyrics and insane videos.

You hardly see the band perform, as they dont want their personalities to interfere with the perception/feeling of their music, so they have all these mad videos with all their tunes

my fav song is sober...i relate to the lyrics and the chorus is amazing.

Check them out

Old 08-12-2008, 05:53 AM   #11
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

To me perfect circle is just your average rock band with maynard singing.

What album dispel this?

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
Young Gun
The Third Eye

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Tool is an excellent group. Lateralus is a masterpiece of an album.

I'm more into their experimental work like Aeniema and Lateralus, but the message/story told at the end of Disgustipated on Undertow has always fascinated me.

I've also never gotten into A Perfect Circle, but Maynard's other side group Puscifer has good joints.

Last edited by Young Gun; 07-03-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Young Gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

insane coincidence. i randomly decided to listen to lateralus for the first time in ages two days ago.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

definitely one of the best bands in the last 20 yrs. first 4 lps are great
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote