0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
KJR
Master Ninja
 
KJR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Age: 20
Posts: 1,206
Rep Power: 5
KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey
Default Best Erick Sermon affiliated album?

Well I did a thread like this for Preemo, so what's your favorite album where Erick Sermon plays a large hand in production? My first thoughts are:

EPMD - Back In Business
Redman - Dare Iz a Darkside
Meth and Red - Blackout!

What do you guys think?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Ancient One
peaceful farmer
 
Ancient One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 359
Rep Power: 0
Ancient One prodigal sonAncient One prodigal sonAncient One prodigal sonAncient One prodigal sonAncient One prodigal sonAncient One prodigal son
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
EPMD - Back In Business
Redman - Dare Iz a Darkside
Meth and Red - Blackout!
All three!

Can't figure anything else right now.

All these being classics.
__________________
Ain’t nobody hardcorer than me - U-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefacekillah View Post
12 reasons fukkin miders keynote soeaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Rofl at cilva not being considered a killa bee.

RZAs going to take away his wu badge and gun.
Ancient One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
KJR
Master Ninja
 
KJR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Age: 20
Posts: 1,206
Rep Power: 5
KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey
Default

I like EPMD but I wasn't ever really HUGE on Sermon's production on them. I prefer his later more funky stuff. I liked his stuff he did for Jamal and I also liked his first two solo albums.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS
 
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Section 9 HQ
Posts: 9,543
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 57
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Well I did a thread like this for Preemo, so what's your favorite album where Erick Sermon plays a large hand in production? My first thoughts are:

EPMD - Back In Business
Redman - Dare Iz a Darkside
Meth and Red - Blackout!

What do you guys think?
all the epmd lp's and Dare iz a Darkside & Blackout!
__________________

NON IGNORANT...





SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
KJR
Master Ninja
 
KJR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Age: 20
Posts: 1,206
Rep Power: 5
KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey
Default

What's your favorite EPMD album based on production?^
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Age: 38
Posts: 11,313
Rep Power: 38
CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default

Keith Murray-The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World
Redman-Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters


KJR, i told you my favorite EPMD albums are Business As Usual and Back In Business. Business Never Personal album is good. I was very disappointed in Def Squad's El Nino album. Full Cooperation, Ride With Us with Too Short, Checkin Me Out, Ya'll Niggas Ain't Ready songs on there are my favorite but the beats were terrible. Erick, Redman, Keith Murray did a good job doing a remake of Sugarhill Gang's Rapper's Delight. Keith Murray has really disappointed me because he's a ill mc and his albums after Enigma were terrible because of the beats. I don't know why he tried to go pop on He's Keith Murray album when he got with Def Jam. His 2 videos Yeah Yeah You Know It and Candy Bar from that album are corny.


Redman has disappointed me too because his albums after Doc's Da Name are terrible because of the beats. Erick Sermon's albums after Double Or Nothing are terrible also because of the beats. Erick Onasis album is alright. I think it's ill that Keith Murray and Canibus did a collabo album but nobody paid attention to it hahahahahahahahahaha. I know the beats on there were probably terrible because Canibus always picks bad beats and that's why his albums suck.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Eagle Eye, fuck you for saying I write like a kid. How do you explain that? I write better than your punk ass.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
tombstone
SLIMEY SAVAGE
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 316
Rep Power: 0
tombstone iron monkeytombstone iron monkeytombstone iron monkeytombstone iron monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Keith Murray-The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World
Redman-Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters


KJR, i told you my favorite EPMD albums are Business As Usual and Back In Business. Business Never Personal album is good. I was very disappointed in Def Squad's El Nino album. Full Cooperation, Ride With Us with Too Short, Checkin Me Out, Ya'll Niggas Ain't Ready songs on there are my favorite but the beats were terrible. Erick, Redman, Keith Murray did a good job doing a remake of Sugarhill Gang's Rapper's Delight. Keith Murray has really disappointed me because he's a ill mc and his albums after Enigma were terrible because of the beats. I don't know why he tried to go pop on He's Keith Murray album when he got with Def Jam. His 2 videos Yeah Yeah You Know It and Candy Bar from that album are corny.


Redman has disappointed me too because his albums after Doc's Da Name are terrible because of the beats. Erick Sermon's albums after Double Or Nothing are terrible also because of the beats. Erick Onasis album is alright. I think it's ill that Keith Murray and Canibus did a collabo album but nobody paid attention to it hahahahahahahahahaha. I know the beats on there were probably terrible because Canibus always picks bad beats and that's why his albums suck.
undergods album had banging production


01. Enter The Adonai (Intro) (prod. by DJ Absurd)
02. Rock Wit Us ft. Planet Asia (prod. by Amadeus)
03. No Brainer (prod. by Shuko)
04. Undergods Roll (prod. by Jake One)
05. 129 (prod. by Erick Sermon)
06. Freestyle A Chorus (prod. by Godz Wrath)
07. The Guilty Will Pay ft. Crooked I & Erick Sermon
(prod. by Erick Sermon)
08. Still Frontin’ (prod. by Erick Sermon)
09. Follow El Shaddai (prod. by JP Beats)
10. Supreme Lyrical Beings (Interlude) (prod. by Bronze Nazareth)
11. Show ‘Em What Crazy Is ft. Tech N9ne (prod. by Beat Butcha)
12. Torsion Fields (prod. by Shuko)
13. We Blackout Too (prod. by Amadeus)
14. Gotta Be Real ft. Urban Rose (prod. by Erick Sermon)
15. The Princes of Persia (prod. by Da Beatminerz)
16. Secret Weapons (prod. by Ziko & Vherbal)
17. Rise Of The Machines (prod. by Gordo)
18. (Bonus) Tetragrammation Gods ft. Born Sun & Joe The Butcher
(prod. by Sickness & Ill Image)
__________________
C OF TRANQUILITY DROPPING OCTOBER 5TH 2010
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival
 
MaskedAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Rugged Lands of Shaolin
Posts: 4,407
Rep Power: 35
MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Keith Murray - The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World

I nearly lost my shit when I was reading this thread and nobody mentioned Keith.
__________________




MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Age: 38
Posts: 11,313
Rep Power: 38
CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default

I did say Keith's first album.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Eagle Eye, fuck you for saying I write like a kid. How do you explain that? I write better than your punk ass.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #10
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN
 
Apocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,571
Rep Power: 0
Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son
Default

I like blackout, but I like more boom-bap hip-hop more....


Redman - Muddy Waters

I also love

El Niño................

and this track is mad DOPE :



respect da Green Eyed Bandit!
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,709
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Double Or Nothing and Whut Thee Album.

Every album he was involved with up until like 99 was dope though. I might throw in 'Music' and 'Blacka Da Berry' as honorable mentions as they're probably overlooked.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
RADIOACTIVE MAN
aka Orion Zemo
 
RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Alpha Centauri B
Posts: 14,251
Rep Power: 82
RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Erick onasis
__________________


astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #13
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Age: 38
Posts: 11,313
Rep Power: 38
CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default

Sosa, who put out Blacka Da Berry? I never heard of that. Erick's Music album sucks. He tried to go pop with that.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Eagle Eye, fuck you for saying I write like a kid. How do you explain that? I write better than your punk ass.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Copyright ©2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one