news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 07-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

I'm feeling 12RTD right now over keynote on production alone, but Uuey came with some real fire on select tracks. Both albums get props.

EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

[QUOTE=hotnikks;2341082]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
12RTD could be a classic in time. The production is excellent, Ghost sounds hungry and his flow is on point. I don't think he ever made a serious album like this before.

Seriously??

Fishscale could be near classic, 12 reaons?? far from it hell no.....
FishScale has great tracks, but it does not feel like a cohesive album. In my opinion 12RTD is a lot better as an album. The production on 12RTD is brilliant, people around here still underrate Adrian Younge's qualities. He actually takes his time creating a sound, being creative and not just imitating the old Wu-Tang sound.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #18
Jamal Arief
Veteran Member

Jamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkey

U-God on KS >>> Ghost on 12RTD

The production and guest spots on 12RTD are basically flawless, 5 star material. BUT Ghost's effort is lackluster, to say the least. At times he just sounds corny. The way he paints the story is meeeh, could have been done much better (see Prince Among Thieves for a prime example of how to pull of something like that). That's especially annoying considering that Ghost is one of the best when it comes to story-telling. Guess he just wasn't into the whole thing. Points in case: He didn't even promote the album, referred to it in funny ways ("the album I'm doing for RZA"), said it was all Adrian Young's thing, didn't take part in the video etc... All this, sadly, reduced the replay value for me. Will have to see how KS does on a longer term to give a final verdict on which album I like more overall...

Peace.
Jamal Arief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
U-God on KS >>> Ghost on 12RTD

The production and guest spots on 12RTD are basically flawless, 5 star material. BUT Ghost's effort is lackluster, to say the least. At times he just sounds corny. The way he paints the story is meeeh, could have been done much better (see Prince Among Thieves for a prime example of how to pull of something like that). That's especially annoying considering that Ghost is one of the best when it comes to story-telling. Guess he just wasn't into the whole thing. Points in case: He didn't even promote the album, referred to it in funny ways ("the album I'm doing for RZA"), said it was all Adrian Young's thing, didn't take part in the video etc... All this, sadly, reduced the replay value for me. Will have to see how KS does on a longer term to give a final verdict on which album I like more overall...

Peace.

That pretty much sums up how I feel as well. U-God took his time making a solid release, while Ghost seemed to rush his end of 12 Reasons. The production is spot on but more time could have been put into the story. Quality over quantity, and Ghost seems more concerned with quantity rushing 7 albums in a 3 year span.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #20
gamefacekillah
CHICKEN HEAD

gamefacekillah grasshopper

12 reasons fukkin murders keynote soeaker

Last edited by gamefacekillah; 07-28-2013 at 09:39 AM.
gamefacekillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
hotnikks
PRODIGAL SUN

hotnikks crouching tigerhotnikks crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
That pretty much sums up how I feel as well. U-God took his time making a solid release, while Ghost seemed to rush his end of 12 Reasons. The production is spot on but more time could have been put into the story. Quality over quantity, and Ghost seems more concerned with quantity rushing 7 albums in a 3 year span.
Im glad to hear someone finally sees the truth.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefacekillah View Post
12 reasons fukkin miders keynote soeaker
english?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #23
hotnikks
PRODIGAL SUN

hotnikks crouching tigerhotnikks crouching tiger

dude said Keynote Soaker?? lmao
Old 07-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #24
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Lol like someone already said even those of you who like Keynote Speaker will forget about it in a couple of months when the next ''big thing'' arrives. Keynote Speaker is the definition of a rushed album. Seriously what is the theme of the album? It's mixtape material. The beats don't even have 1 sound, it's all thrown together. You have some trapbeats (you people like this?) and you have gritty but awful sounding beats.

Dopium's God Is Love >> Entire Keynote Speaker
Old 08-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #25
BISHOP BLOODSHOT
85 %ER

BISHOP BLOODSHOT Sinister snakeBISHOP BLOODSHOT Sinister snake

In my opinion U God's pen, delivery and flow on KEYNOTE are better than Ghosts on 12rtd.
Keynote>12rtd
BISHOP BLOODSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #26
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

I'd have to say that both albums are very different & great in their own way. You have 12RTD which is a solid effort that has the listener taken thru a story by 1 of the best storytellers of the game. Classic production by Rza protégé Adian Younge. Then you have KNS which imo is another solid effort by 1 of the best hook song writers & unorthodox flows in the game. At first listen Ill admit I was a little discouraged by what I was listening too but as I really listened closer Uey was spittin some crazy bars on this & basically transformed what most of us may or may not call hit or miss beats into really solid songs with his delivery. This is what Ugod is best at doing. I really love the joints he did with Rza, dude is def mad underrated. I do agree that 12RTD sounds a little rushed, but Ghost is 1 of those Mc's that stays in the studio & can drop album after album. That is what Ghost is best at doing. Both are equally DOPE! peace

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #27
silent_whistler_uk
myspace.com/iou7

silent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken masta

who actually bought a copy? cause im thinking less than 20 (that's being generous) of us on this forum...
silent_whistler_uk is offline   Reply With Quote