news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
Jamal Arief
Veteran Member

Jamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkey
Question Production on Reunited

Peace y'all!

Does anyone of you have any infos on how that song was produced? Any interview piece or sth like that? Did RZA actually compose the violin part? Or did he just hire that violinist, gave her some direction and then she did her thing?
I'm wondering because it's just such an awesome thrilling musically supreme composition. But back then, to my knowledge, RZA didn't know too much about "music" in terms of writing notes and stuff...
Well, even though I regard RZA as a musical genius to some extent: It would really surprise me if he pulled it off like that!

On a related issue:
Who really came up with that strange rumor that there are only four samples on Forever? Did RZA himself say so?

Peace.
Jamal Arief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
WuBizzie
Smack dumb niggas 24/7

WuBizzie crouching tigerWuBizzie crouching tiger

Yea, I would love to know more about Reunited also. I do know that the violins were provided by famed hip hop violinist Miri Ben-Ari. Also, the video, which never was released commercially, features GZA's former manager Angela Yee, of Power 105's Breakfast Club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40a5UNO5T44

Last edited by WuBizzie; 08-07-2013 at 07:32 AM.
WuBizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkey

I've wondered about that many times too... I think RZA didn't write the notes as a whole. He just gave her tips how it should sound to get sound of the Wu and she did it. It doesn't mean that he didn't have a major contribution to this though.
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
Jamal Arief
Veteran Member

Jamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuBizzie View Post
Yea, I would love to know more about Reunited also. I do know that the violins were provided by famed hip hop violinist Miri Ben-Ari. Also, the video, which never was released commercially, features GZA's former manager Angela Yee, of Power 105's Breakfast Club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40a5UNO5T44
Heard that too about Miri Ben-Ari. But is that really true though? I know it says so on her Wikipedia page and all, but except for some likely copy/pastes I did not find any independent evidence for this. Considering her DOB and what it say on her bio part of the wiki page (came to NY after serving the Isreali army - which as far as I know - is two years), it does not seem so super likely that it's her. If so, Wu would have basically discovered her (I think all the feature tracks in her discog are newer than Reunited)...

Peace.
Jamal Arief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
The blackma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

The blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken masta

It seems that RZA whistled the tune and let the violinist did his shit. He said that somewhere. I do think the violinist did his own thing based on the tune Rza whistled.
The blackma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Galvatron97
Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Galvatron97 grasshopper

I thought it was Miri Ben Ari or Bjork.....

Galvatron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

I like the "Reunited" beat much more than the "Triumph" beat.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
David Daniel Davis
PRODIGAL SUN

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

Yeah, Reunited was banging every where when Wu Tang Forever came out.
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
BIRDCAGE
Vintage Wu

BIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
Bjork? LOL
BIRDCAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #10
trickology

trickology shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
Peace y'all!

Does anyone of you have any infos on how that song was produced? Any interview piece or sth like that? Did RZA actually compose the violin part? Or did he just hire that violinist, gave her some direction and then she did her thing?
I'm wondering because it's just such an awesome thrilling musically supreme composition. But back then, to my knowledge, RZA didn't know too much about "music" in terms of writing notes and stuff...
Well, even though I regard RZA as a musical genius to some extent: It would really surprise me if he pulled it off like that!

On a related issue:
Who really came up with that strange rumor that there are only four samples on Forever? Did RZA himself say so?

Peace.
I know this post was posted a while back but I thought I'd answer it. The violinist is actually a violinist who played in Yanni's band by the name of "Karen Briggs" and thus we have ended the mystery of who played "Violin" on "Reunited"

http://www.karenbriggsviolin.com/#!k...ggsviolin/cjg9
trickology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #11
food for thought
Generic Mod Folk

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

One of the sickest beats of all fucking time.

From donated clothes, to caps and gowns
It's a little shout to my black and brown
Folks that know the game, not in class to clown
Had the funny accent, look who's laughing now
See Samir came here to grind, and he slaved at
Every minimum wage job, but he saved that
Brought his sis here on scholarship to make stacks
Working as a surgeon she bought a whip, and payed cash
No time to whine, we just face facts
Lets fit 6 in the back and lets take that
To the best restaurants, make reservations
Since we out here, since they made reservations
For first Nations and they never made reparations
The Natives probably relate more to immigration
So this for y'all too, and I can't forget the Haitians
Here for an education. Its a celebration.
food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #12
MANISH
Veteran Member

MANISH shaolin monk

It's a real violin RZA told her how to play it. I met him a couple years back and asked him about it. Don't remember the name of the female he Said playing it. Yumi or something like that? She has played in front of Taj Mahal. Dont know if she Did it solo or in an orchestra or band.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:38 PM   #13
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkey

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:12 AM   #14
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
Me too. So fucking majestic. I listen to that shit and see golden falcons descending from the heavens above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIRDCAGE View Post
Bjork? LOL
Lol yeah that guy talks strange.
my ice cool as the night air
two fives flare
glare through your cartier eyewear
and knock ya newborn out the high chair

Last edited by THUGNIFICENT; 04-04-2014 at 04:34 AM.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:12 AM   #15
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
EASILY, i have heard nothing else that sounds like it. Reunited is dope but i have heard hundreds of beats similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
One of the sickest beats of all fucking time.
No doubt

^sick as FUCK
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote