news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

View Poll Results: Which was the worst decade, musically?
50's 8 16.00%
60's 0 0%
70's 1 2.00%
80's 15 30.00%
90's 3 6.00%
00's 23 46.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #91
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

bands like stooges and mc5 were certainly influential to the genre, but i wouldn't really call them punk
Old 05-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #92
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Don't know about the Stooges, but MC5 were definitely punk avant la lettre.

How is this not punk? It has all the ingredients of punk. Fast, loud, short and rude.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #93
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

"Proto-punk is a term used retrospectively to describe a number of musicians who were important precursors of punk rock in the mid-1960s to mid-1970s, or who have been cited by early punk musicians as influential. Typically, these artists were not themselves considered punk; furthermore, the typification is not widely regarded to have been the result of a distinct musical genre as these precursors came from a wide array of backgrounds, styles, and influences."

Last edited by Paranoid; 05-16-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #94
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Gotta be the 80s, lots of shit stuff came out that decade.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #95
daffy duck
Veteran Member

daffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
Whoa...holy shit...hold up...what the fuck?

You are aware that their first really great album, Meddle, didn't even come out until '71, right?
syd barrett-era pink floyd > david gilmour/roger waters-era pink floyd

the piper at the gates of dawn is their best album
and their early singles compilation is probably the best thing they ever released

meddle was their first "prog rock" album and probably the best one after syd barrett left

you're insane if you think pink floyd got better after syd barrett left because he was a genius and there's only a few musicians who was as creative as he was

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
Pink Floyd only good in the 60's... what the fuck am I reading!? Their best albums were in the 70's. This is objectively true.

Also, there were still many prog rock bands in the 80's. Some really good ones too. IQ, Eloy, Marillion, Yes, Camel, Genesis etc.
you mean their most sold albums were in the 70s is objectively true thanks to the united states

the piper at the gates of dawn is one of the greatest albums of all time

only in the uk did pink floyd get attention in the 60s

no one in the united states paid attention to pink floyd back in the 60s
daffy duck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #96
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
the 80s has some of the best punk rock and heavy metal ever produced
Punk and Metal sucks cock anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #97
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite vagina View Post
you're insane if you think pink floyd got better after syd barrett left because he was a genius and there's only a few musicians who was as creative as he was
hahaha

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #98
Paranoid
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy Turtle View Post
so do you, faggot
Old 08-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #99
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy Turtle View Post
agreed
Old 08-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #100
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #101
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

whoever voted 70s and 90s should be shot.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #102
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

what's so good about 90's?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #103
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm pretty sure this is the first time that we've ever interacted, Jasper.

I think the 90s were great because it was no longer the 80s

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #104
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Art just has bad memories from getting swirlie's in school during the 80's, but this is about music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #105
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
so do you, faggot
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote