news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default Robin Thicke sues Marvin Gaye

You read it right.

An attorney for Thicke and collaborators Williams and Clifford Harris Jr (aka T.I.) filed a lawsuit Thursday, asking a federal judge to determine that their song Blurred Lines does not copy elements from two older songs from Marvin Gaye and Funkadelic (George Clinton).

This comes after Marvin Gaye's family and Bridgeport Records' alleged claims against the singers that the song sounds remarkably similar to Gaye's Got To Give Up, demanding financial compensation for copyright infringement.

"Gaye defendants are claiming ownership of an entire genre, as opposed to a specific work," the suit alleges.

Funkadelic, the George Clinton-led band that led the '70s funk movement, has also allegedly claimed similarity between Thicke's hit and Sexy Ways.

A copy of the suit obtained by The Hollywood Reporter reads:

"Plaintiffs, who have the utmost respect for and admiration of Marvin Gaye, Funkadelic and their musical legacies, reluctantly file this action in the face of multiple adverse claims from alleged successors in interest to those artists. Defendants continue to insist that plaintiffs' massively successful composition, 'Blurred Lines,' copies 'their' compositions."

Its a shame he has to do this really. You can use a song as inspiration without using the composition.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Killa BB
Online Now

Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This is just sad... Marvin obviously doesn't care and Funkadelic??? They need to go sit all the way down somewhere. Do you know how many songs have been sung and played with the same melodies and chord progressions as other songs without anybody being sued? Get Over It...

At least it wasn't such an obvious rip off as this:
(1:47-2:06 is the best part! lolololol)

Old 08-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

These old r&b singers make me laugh trying to sue and complaining about rappers sampling their music. George Clinton a long time ago sued De La Soul because they sampled Funkadelic's Not Just Knee Deep on Me Myself And I song. These r&b singers should be happy that rappers are sampling their music because it's keeping their music alive. Only reason why they sue rappers is so they can get money because they're broke hahahahahahahahahaha. I don't think that rappers should have to get permission from r&b singers to sample their music. If i was a r&b singer and a rapper wanted to sample my music, i wouldn't have a problem with it. Marvin Gaye's family is probably broke and that's why they sued Robin Thicke LOL. I wonder which one of his family members sued Robin. I hope it wasn't Nona Gaye's fine ass.

CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
daffy duck
lord

daffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkey

daffy duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautiFlyB View Post
Funkadelic??? They need to go sit all the way down somewhere.
you need to sit down and shut the fuck up; your opinion on music is invalid
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote