news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rating
10 15 25.86%
9 21 36.21%
8 14 24.14%
7 3 5.17%
6 1 1.72%
5 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #136
ShaDynasty
Rum Ham

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Lyrically i think its a step up. The production is very different to Illmatic, trackmasters have a mainstream sound but they still gave it a dark tone that fits with the really grimy stuff like 'suspect' and 'live nigga rap'. The production inspired some of Nas' best songs.

I think the lyrics and themes on this are quite deep, and Nas just improves with darker and deeper raps.

I don't know if its better than Illmatic, thats almost if not a perfect album. But its a classic.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:16 PM   #137
CharlesJones
-

CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's not better than Illmatic LOL.

About that life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:13 AM   #138
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
real recognize real. all these people giving IWW less than a 9 dont know shit. IWW was better than Illmatic, that mainstream crossover was just a media blowup to make people think IWW wasnt on par with Illmatic.

Nas stepped up his lyricism on IWW and the beats were more sinister and gritty.

IWW = classic 10/10 album.
funny how much my perception on IWW has changed since this post. it's still a solid album but IWW has become grossly overrated by revisionist hiphop fans. All of a sudden, his sophomore effort is rated higher than his debut album. in what universe? it even beat The Infamous in a head to head poll on the allhiphop forum recently. not cool.
Chungsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #139
CharlesJones
-

CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

That's funny hahahahahahahahahahaha. It Was Written isn't better than Illmatic and The Infamous.

About that life

Quote:
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #140
hotnikks
nada ignorante

hotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venoms

IWW>>>The Infamous

hotnikks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #141
CharlesJones
-

Yeah right hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

About that life

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #142
hotnikks
nada ignorante

hotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venoms

Those 2 are classic albums in my book. I just always felt IWW was iller.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #143
CharlesJones
-

Whatever you say buddy LOL. Nas and Mobb Deep's Live Nigga Rap is the hardest song on It Was Written.

About that life

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #144
hotnikks
nada ignorante

Shootouts hits harder...

Old 08-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #145
CharlesJones
-

I disagree. I Gave You Power song is harder than that.

About that life

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #146
hotnikks
nada ignorante

I gave you power is my favorite track from the album so of course thats gonna be the hardest. But still Shootouts>>>Live Nigga Rap.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #147
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
IWW>>>The Infamous
I'm a fan of Nas just like everyone else but The Infamous is a masterpiece. The Infamous by consensus is usually a top 10 hip hop album ever, IWW is in the 2nd or 3rd tier group of the greatest hiphop albums.

Shook Ones II > any joint on IWW.

Party Over is my favorite joint off the LP. you can't close an album better than that.

P went hard on Live Nigga Rap

"Floatin in the river with your body wrapped in plastic"

"Runnin up in the spot, mask and duct taped up
Pig tied they motherfuckin wrists to they ankles"

Nas was saying things like

"curriculum of a mathologist deep throats, they try to swallow this
Anthropologists, dynasties of great knowledgists"

he was just throwing out a bunch of big words.

Last edited by Chungsanity; 08-08-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #148
CharlesJones
-

LOL@Chungsanity saying Nas using big words on Live Nigga Rap. I agree. Keith Murray and Canibus do the same thing and I bet they don't know what the words mean that they're saying LOL. That's good though that they read books because most rappers don't read. So at least Keith Murray, Canibus and Nas have something else to talk about instead of talking about the same stuff that most rappers talk about which is killing, sex, drug dealing and money LOL.

About that life

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #149
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venoms

Lol@ complaining about Nas using big words. Are those lines that difficult to understand?
Anyway, classic song, and great verse from Nas. P's verse was meant to be on LA,LA, a great verse as well. I think the song was meant for Mobb Deep's album.

I have no problem putting IWW over The Infamous. Nas is a better, more interesting MC than both P and Havoc and I've never been crazy about Havoc's beats.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:43 PM   #150
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Last edited by Chungsanity; 08-11-2015 at 10:55 PM.