news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 11-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #16
GhostlyRaes
SLIMEY SAVAGE

GhostlyRaes shaolin monk

After hearing raekwons response its obviously a money issue. One thing we cant 4get is that Divine and Power are well known money grubbers and shiesty business men so we cant leave out the fact that many wu and killa beez try to steer clear of these guys. Its just to many people who have to get a piece of the pie for everyones appetite to be satisfied as far the money goes...Not 2 mention rza beats have been terrible lately, i dont wanna hear an album full of Room Keep Spinning and family reunion type beats any way...smh fans seem 2 lose either way.
GhostlyRaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

With Ghostface it's definitely not an energy issue.

Maybe focus, but not energy.

I'd say it's more like budget constraints, shitty marketing, complacency and age rather than lack of energy.

Anyway, no matter which General it is or a proper Clan LP, ain't no Wu-Tang shit going Platinum in this day and time.

It's statistically impossible given the current industry climate.

So that Platinum argument is a moot point and kind of a bummy swing.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Yeah but they'd still sell way more than their solo albums, thats the point. With a decent album and a few good singles they could at least go gold.
It's my little cousin Daz and he's fucking my ho...
https://soundcloud.com/neyonshell
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:20 AM   #19
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

does anybody know how many units did 8D sell to this day?

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #20
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Edit: Misunderstood Rza quote and made mildly retarded comment. Deleted.

Last edited by noel411; 11-11-2013 at 05:29 AM.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #21
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal son

Why y'all punks on this forum can't understand that RZA is not going to rap like he used to in 90s? Even diehard fans like me already understood that 90s ain't never come back.

As for the RZA's opinion: GZA definitely needs to put more energy in his verse, but what's wrong with Ghost? To me he's still one of the best in the game

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #22
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Rae's attitude will soon change after FILA gets a shitty reception...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #23
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by soob View Post
Why y'all punks on this forum can't understand that RZA is not going to rap like he used to in 90s?.
I don't mean any disrespect but

There's no reason why RZA still can't rap like he once did.... It's really pretty simple, all he needs to do, is just do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soob View Post
Even diehard fans like me already understood that 90s ain't never come back.

I respect that the clan wanted to try something different, but the clan need to admit they got it wrong, and If the clan want to do something worth whiled for probably there last studio album, then they will respect the will of the people and give us that raw 90"s sound.

Last edited by zooruka; 11-11-2013 at 09:03 PM.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #24
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Yeah but they'd still sell way more than their solo albums, thats the point. With a decent album and a few good singles they could at least go gold.

Even Gold is pushing it.

I'd say 250,000 at best.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #25
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Gitche Manito shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. R&B View Post

Anyway, no matter which General it is or a proper Clan LP, ain't no Wu-Tang shit going Platinum in this day and time.

It's statistically impossible given the current industry climate.

So that Platinum argument is a moot point and kind of a bummy swing.
The platinium argument was about them working better together than seperately. Not about going platinium in 2013 obviously.
Comme les ombres de la nuit.
Gitche Manito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #26
The blackma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

The blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken masta

Wu is over, I don't give a fuck what Rza says or any motherfuckers, wu is done. I don't think wu generals think about the wu no more. They have become their own gods, they want to create their own reality. As Rza said years ago, the wu soldiers have grown and they consider themselves as generals. I think they don't respect Rza beats today.
They can't go platinum without Rza ? Hum ! Method and Redman ? Rza go back to planet earth and stop smoking hollywood shit !
The blackma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #27
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
Wu is over, wu is done.
I agree

To be honest I think Wu tang hasn't been dope since Wu tang Forever.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #28
ShortyCoffeeStain
CHICKEN HEAD

ShortyCoffeeStain iron monkeyShortyCoffeeStain iron monkeyShortyCoffeeStain iron monkeyShortyCoffeeStain iron monkey

Wu-Tang died when ODB died.

The W was the last gasp.

Iron Flag was a mixtape.

8 Diagrams was an argument.

RZA beats aren't fun anymore.

Ghostface raps like every other NYC rapper now. Simple bar structure & rhyme schemes, straight forward statements. And he sounds like Cappa half the time.

Meth is still okay, but doesn't sound he's having fun anymore.

U-God is better, but still U-God.

MK is tired.

GZA is tired.

Raekwon is tired.

RZA sounds like a completely different person. And not for the better.

Cappadonna is NOT NEEDED ON A WU-TANG CLAN ALBUM. BUT THANKS.

Deck is kinda back to his old self. But still a far cry from "Socrates philosophies." He just talks about generic street shit now.

I'll take another @@@ or @@@1/2 album from the Wu, absolutely. But let's not kid ourselves. They're done. They don't perform anything past '97 in concert. (Except for maybe Gravel Pit.)

I mean, the past three albums they were insisting "WU-TANG IS BACK" all over...did it happen? You really think it'll happen the fourth time?
ShortyCoffeeStain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:09 AM   #29
The blackma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
I agree

To be honest I think Wu tang hasn't been dope since Wu tang Forever.
Agree ! I do think WU forever is their testament, the last time they "formed like voltron". The last album with a soul, and the last link of an incredible bunch of albums. Every album from the golden era was a group album. Songs like "mr sandman", "wu gambinos", "snakes", "assassination day", "duel on the iron mic", "4th chamber", "winter warz", "raw hide", "glaciers of ice" are wu-tang songs. When I want someone to be introduced to the wu world, I play the 7 albums from Enter the wu to Wu forever. These albums define the wu, they are the perfect definition of what the wu once was. Wu was perfect then and bring it to another level. 97-00 period echoes the golden era. They recorded dope albums like "supreme clientele", "In stereo" etc.. but come on they can't fuck with previous wu shits. Wu albums then were good but not great. Wu elements are good but they can't fuck with the Rza. Today Wu tang is just another hip hop group, nothing special. Robert Diggs has become Bobby Digital and he can't not bring da fucking ruckus. I don't know if they can record a new album again.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #30
The blackma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
Wu-Tang died when ODB died.

The W was the last gasp.

Iron Flag was a mixtape.

8 Diagrams was an argument.

RZA beats aren't fun anymore.

Ghostface raps like every other NYC rapper now. Simple bar structure & rhyme schemes, straight forward statements. And he sounds like Cappa half the time.

Meth is still okay, but doesn't sound he's having fun anymore.

U-God is better, but still U-God.

MK is tired.

GZA is tired.

Raekwon is tired.

RZA sounds like a completely different person. And not for the better.

Cappadonna is NOT NEEDED ON A WU-TANG CLAN ALBUM. BUT THANKS.

Deck is kinda back to his old self. But still a far cry from "Socrates philosophies." He just talks about generic street shit now.

I'll take another @@@ or @@@1/2 album from the Wu, absolutely. But let's not kid ourselves. They're done. They don't perform anything past '97 in concert. (Except for maybe Gravel Pit.)

I mean, the past three albums they were insisting "WU-TANG IS BACK" all over...did it happen? You really think it'll happen the fourth time?

When ODB died the soul of the group vanished. Gza is tired, Rza is "dead", ODB is dead, All in together now is over too. Rae, Gost are too egoist and they don't give a fuck what wu becomes. They just use wu name because of wu fame. I think that U god, Deck and MK will certainly be happy if wu tang release a new album. They are not as famous as Odb, Meth, Rae, Gza and Ghost who were lucky to benefit from Rza best beats.